Belated celebration

Snow White and the Five Genies

"Yah Baegseol..." Minho said as you calmed yourself a bit.

He wiped your tears and gave you a warm smile.

"Let's go to salon."

"Eh?"

He touched a few strands of your black hair and said, "Let's dye your hair."

"W-why?" 

"Like mine. See, it's brown." He grinned, pointing at his.

You giggled and nodded.

You were so thankful that Minho's arm was on you again, and that you could see his smile just like before.

"Minho oppa... why had you been..." You gulped and continued, "why had you been too harsh on me recently? You even acted like I wasn't near you." You didn't want to ask that later so you immediately burst out.

Minho's smile faded as he froze. He wanted to explain but didn't want to ruin the mood so he pat your head and chuckled.

"Can I answer that later? I want your hair dyed first." He winked at you as the two of you gleefully went on.

 

*****

After transforming your black hair into chestnut just like Minho's, you pointed out an ice cream house.

"Let's go there oppa!" You excitedly yelled and pulled him inside.

"Whoa, look who's here. A fine young lady dating with her boyfriend, huh?" The vendor merrily greeted.

You liked hearing the word 'boyfriend' again with Minho.

"Yah ahjussi, give me scoops of vanilla." You beamed.

"You like vanilla? Isn't that too plain?" Minho asked.

"Yep, 'cause it resembles me." 

Minho just chuckled at the thought. 

"Agassi, your boyfriend's right. I sell different flavors here and you can't just pick the plain one. You may also want to add some toppings." He offered, showing you a tray of sweets.

"Hmm... but I really love the plain one."

"Just give me the best you have there ahjussi." Minho drawled.

"Yah don't you have your favorite? Aigoo... this couple is seriously so choosy."

"Ahjussi is the choosy one here. You can't force us pick what we don't like." You replied.

He just laughed and gave you three scoops of vanilla ice cream on your large sweet cone.

"Wait, since agassi is as white as a snow, has cheeks as pink as a carnation, and lips as red as a cherry, I'll give you a bonus." He grinned.

"B-but I told you I don't like toppings!" You complained.

He poured a few drops of strawberry syrup and placed two cherries on top of your vanilla ice cream.

You accepted it and found it cute too.

"Yah oppa..." You were about to show it off to him when you suddenly saw him scooping for some.

"I- I thought you'll let ahjussi choose for you."

"Tss, he keeps on babbling! It annoys me."

The ahjussi just laughed and received your payment with discount.

"Thank you ahjussi, it's really delicious." 

"Anything for you, Pr... agassi." He smirked but you didn't hear it since Minho immediately pulled you.

"Just enjoy it... Princess..." He wickedly laughed as he saw you went away blissfully.

 

*****

"Oppa... can we go to uhm... amusement park?" You asked, slightly hesitating as you remembered what had happened 4 years ago before your father died.

"I really wanna go there, for so long. I miss the rides, the games, the excitement and everything."

Minho saw your longing and asked, "Why didn't you tell that earlier? We've got lots of time. Come on!" 

He soothed you and wrapped an arm on you. 

"Yah oppa... let's ride there! And there! There too! Ah, but I want to go there first! Ani, I forgot its name but I really love there!" You excitedly screamed and kept on pointing at the rides as if there was no tomorrow for you.

"Aish, you sure have a lot of fun huh. Don't worry we'll ride that all. But not all at the same time okay? How's that even possible..." 

You grabbed Minho's hand like you weren't listening to him.

"Minho oppa! I'm flying!" You used to say at every ride you tried without noticing how Minho almost wanted to vomit.

You didn't notice how time had flown so fast. You wanted more but Minho had to cut.

"Yah Baegseol, you've been enjoying a lot now, aren't you? Well I suggest we go now. It's almost 6:30 and we're late."

"Late for what?" You asked while chewing the pink cotton candy that Minho bought for you.

"I-- I mean, we're late for... dinner. Yeah, for dinner." He grinned as you pouted.

"But I want to ride the roller coaster again."

"Aish really, you're gonna kill me! Baegseol ah, do you even pity me huh? Do you know how much my stomach is suffering now?"

You giggled and gave him a hug. "Because I love oppa then I'll agree." You went ahead of him as he froze for a while.

"Again... I heard that word from you. 'L-O-V-E'... I'll trust that, Baegseol."  He told himself and ran after you.

You suddenly halted before he reached you.

Your stomach was aching as your head felt so drowsy with your eyes circling around.

You never had these symptoms whenever you were in an amusement park. But since it had been already four years, you just concluded that your body might have been stressed enough.

The diziness left you for a while when Minho held your hand.

"Yah, why did you drop the cotton candy? Don't you like it anymore?" He asked and picked it up.

You didn't even notice that it fell. "Oppa, let's go home." You frantically smiled and held his arm.

 

*****

When the two of you went inside, you noticed that the house were too dark. Only the two small lit candles could be seen.

"Y-yah oppa... where are the others? Did we lose our electricity?" You asked as you clutched on his arm.

He closed the door and thought, "I guess we made it on time."

"Baegseol ah..." He uttered and faced you.

"Saengil Chukha..."

"Eh?" You were surprised for his greeting since you didn't know that he knew.

He fondled your soft face and kissed your forehead. You remembered Yoonho did that too.

"Saengil Chukha, Princess Baegseol."

You were about to cry when the light abruptly as a pop of confetti rained down on you.

You glanced at the right side and saw the others greeted a cheerful "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" with their party hats on.

There were ballooons everywhere and a wide banner hanging on the ceiling with a 'Saengil Chukha Hamnida, Princess Baegseol' written on it.

Your heart was more softened as you couldn't keep the tears from falling anymore.

Minho ran over them and wore his hat too. 

They all sang you a 'Happy Birthday' song as Erin held the cake for you to blow.

"Make a wish, Baegseol ah..." She smiled.

You just cupped your mouth, helping yourself not to cry. You wished that this night would last long.