The Snow Queen

Snow White and the Five Genies

Silence emerged in the room as you cried for your Mum, still staring at the picture. Your frail legs pushed you up, as you walked toward it and picked it up.

"This... is my Mum..."

Key and Minho released each other, but wrath can still be seen on their faces.

"I know her... I clearly remember now. But she's dead..."

"She's not." Jonghyun stated.

"Just because Onew isn't here you're telling her things that she's not supposed to know?! Aren't you taught well?! Why can't you guys shut up!" Minho furiously uttered.

"You SHUT UP!" You suddenly burst out. It was painful for you to hurt him, but you needed to know everything.

"I'm sick of it! You've been keeping a lot of secrets to me since I stayed here! When are you going to tell me? Till I lose all of you? Till I DIE?!"

Everyone was silenced as you sobbed panfully.

"Then I'll tell you..." Minho soberly uttered, "This isn't your home. We will all leave you." He went out of the house, as Key went inside the room.

You now knew your fate with them. "They'll eventually leave me..." 

"Mianhae, Baegseol." Jonghyun felt sorry, but he couldn't do anything.

You sat on the floor, beside the fire-place; still clutching on your Mum's picture.

"Taemin... Onew oppa... Jonghyun oppa... Key oppa..." You counted, apparently couldn't utter the next. 

You nudged your face between your arms on your legs as you sobbed bitterly. "M--Minho... Minho oppa..."

 

-----------

 

You woke up, finding youself in a very unknown place. Everything was covered with snow, as you just noticed that a thick coat was worn on you.

"Where am I? Oppa? Are you in here? Minho oppa? Erin? Onew oppa? Are you all in here?!" You asked, only to hear the sound of your echo.

You kept walking, till you suddenly staggered as you tripped on something. "Aww, this hurts." You whispered and pushed yourself up.

"Baegseol..."

You heard a woman's voice. It was so cold, at the same time enchanting. A voice that you've waited long enough to hear.

"Come, Baegseol."

"Umma...? Umma is that you? Where are you?!"

The strong breeze and thick fog was preventing you to see. But as you forced yourself to walk, you saw a woman wearing a white, elegant dress ten metres away from you.

She was stretching her arms to hold you, and you wanted to run and hug her.

"Umma!" You yelled as you finally reached her.

Her hug was so warm, making you feel that it was not winter.

"Baegseol," She softly said and fondled your face.

"I may not be there for you to protect and guide you physically, but remember that umma never fails to watch over you. You were with five beautiful angels, but that has come to end."

"You mean... You're taking all of them from me?" You asked and let go of her.

"Time has come dear, they have to. And you have to choose immediately."

"I-it's unfair! and what do you mean by 'I choose'?" You protested, dropping your respect to her.

She chuckled and gave you a tap on her shoulder. "You sure have raised properly by the deceased Queen."

"Umma~!" You yelled since you believed that the wicked queen didn't raise you.

"Okay then, I will give them a chance." She reached a tree by her delicate hand and picked a golden apple.

"Here, bite one." 

"Why? What's that for?"

"Trust me, love."

And so you bit it.