The Uninvited Guest

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I’m home!!” Chaerin cheerfully enters her premise and walk into the kitchen with the stuff she bought just now.

“You guys~ I bought strawberry and mint flavour, I hope you guys okay with that, oh Tabi, I searched for your favourite but I can’t seem to find it and Bommie I bought that roasted corn you love so much~ say you love me…”

Chaerin checked the stove and smell the Kimchi Jjigae while Bom slowly move to her side.

“Babe~” she said with a concern face.

“Bommie!!! Oh my gahd!! Did you guys cook this? Delicious!” she tasted the stew before scooping back to have Bom taste it.

“Babe~” she grab the spoon away and signal her to the living room.

“What??” she moves to the living room and there he is sitting in her living room.

The smile vanished from her face and automatically glances at her watch, it’s 1.48pm. ‘What the hell is he doing here?? Damn it!’

Right now both Jiyong and Seunghyun are looking directly at her.

“Oppa~ why am I seeing that in my living room?’ is what Chaerin want to say, but instead “Oppa~ why is he here?” and it came out really cold.

“Chae, that’s not how you treat guest…and your neighbour… why didn’t you say anything about Jiyong moving opposite your place?”

“Yeah Chaerin, explain please?” Bom folded her arms.

“I don’t see the need to tell you guys that because it’s not important…we just pass by each other once…” Chaerin said in annoyance. Well, it’s partially true, they kind of meet in acc

Seeing her in her mode makes Jiyong even more motivated to push her button even more.

“Oh~ but you cook dinner for me last night?” Jiyong says innocently earning glare from Chaerin.

Seunghyun and Bom immediately turn to look at her for explanation.

“Babe??”

“Oh haha oh yeah…haha right… how can I forgot… that’s um… that’s uh… you know…”

Jiyong is holding his laugh and throw a smirk that didn’t go unnoticed by Chaerin.

“……That was a welcoming dinner for him…to the neighbourhood” Chaerin avoid Bom’s stern gaze.

“Welcoming dinner?? Last I checked, you spla….”

“Haha~~~~ help me prepare the table will you?” Chaerin quickly covers Bom’s mouth and drag her to the kitchen.

Seunghyun who is oblivious with the whole situation turn to Jiyong “Girls~ I  never understand them”

“Yeah” Jiyong shakes his head and smile at his remarks.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Bom is glaring at Chaerin who is looking very troubled with Jiyong’s presence.

“What the hell was that? Why didn’t I know the boy who was splashed the other day is your neighbour?” she whisper loudly.

“Why is he here??” Chaerin matches Bom’s tone.

“He was here for almost 15 minutes, he’s searching for you, what? Are you guys friends now??” Bom is curious.

“Hell no!”

“Then?”

“I explain later, did he say anything to Tabi? About pictures or contract or anything??”

“Huh? No… they were talking about boring stuff, cars and football”

“They’re bonding??” Chaerin took a glance over at them and she can clearly see they are talking comfortably with each other.

“I don’t know, but they seem to clicked right away”

“Oh god, no…please don’t”

“You done?” Seunghyun ask from the living room interrupting their conversation.

“Uh, a minute~” Chaerin replied and start organizing the table.

“You have some serious explaining to do~” Bom mumbles while looking at her.

Chaerin sigh and call her brother. Both her brother and Jiyong approach the dining table.

“Jiyong will be joining us” he said and look at the table but there’s only 3 sets of cutleries there. “Chae, get one more set for him”

Chaerin exchange glance with Jiyong and cursed in her head. She put the cutlery harshly and moves to sit beside Bom and opposite with Jiyong. Jiyong grit his teeth tempted to pull her wrist and yell in her face to put it down properly.

Chaerin didn’t enjoy her meal as she’s supposed to compare to Bom who is munching away happily and having friendly conversation with Jiyong. She is so annoyed at how he is able to attract her brother and her best friend’s attention. However, the smile on his face seems so genuine and he seems to be a humorous person judging from the way he’s able to make Bom snort once in a while. Speaking of which, Chaerin is looking at her best friend with questioning eyes. ‘Isn’t she supposed to hate him? This womannnnn~~’.

Chaerin eat in silet, feeling left out with Jiyong’s presence. Although the topic he talked about was very interesting where Chaerin almost joins in their conversation but, not once Jiyong has his gaze on her making her feel even more left out from their conversation. Finishing their lunch, Seunghyun and Bom clean up the dining table leaving Chaerin who was forced by Seunghyun to accompany Jiyong in the living room.

“Why are you here?” she whispers immediately with her arms cross on her chest.

“You don’t need to come today, I have stuff to do”

“Oh my… God really heard my prayers” she says sarcastically.

Jiyong smirk.

“Wait….You mean, you came just to tell me that?”

“Yup”

“To my door? Face to face?” it just seems so surreal to her that Jiyong would personally come to her apartment just to tell her that.

“Yup”

“Did you break your phone?”

“Have you never run out of questions?” he’s getting annoyed with all those questions.

“I mean, you could’ve just text me”

“Don’t be too full of yourself, I was from outside, so I decided to drop by your door because I don’t want to waste my money to text you”

‘A definite ’ Chaerin rolls her eyes and turns away. “Then, don’t explain, I don’t want to know”

“I don’t care, I don’t want you to get the wrong idea and start thinking about weird things~”

“Pshhh~ don’t worry. Not. In. A. Million. Years… I will never ever ever EVER think of you that way”

“Be careful of what you wish for”

“I never stop wishing from day 1.. I even pray for it” she scoffs.

“Good to know we’re on the same page, I don’t date my maid” he smirk.

Chaerin bite her lips and was about to continue when Bom and Seunghyun came with ice cream in their hands~

“Oh thanks hyung~” Jiyong smile politely before he received the ice cream from Seunghyun and Chaerin who is completely irritated with his gesture. What irritates her is that it feels genuine and that makes her wonders why he acts like a jerk towards her.

“For you babe, Strawberry~ your fav…” Bom sits beside her.

The whole lunch that supposed to be fun was ruined by Jiyong’s presence, well, applicable to Chaerin only. But one thing she noticed is the coldness between Seunghyun and Bom is gone. At least, one good thing happen today.

“Ji…you know, we should hang out sometime…” Seunghyun started off the conversation.

‘Ji? Really brother? Already that close?’

“Yeah, we should Top~~”

‘Top?! Top?? Are you kidding me, ?? You give my brother a nickname already???? Are you guys dating now?!’

Chaerin scoff and rolls her eyes jealous of their closeness. She hates it the fact that her brother is comfortable with Jiyong.

“Ji called Tabi, Top… shorther version of Tabi” Bom explain without Chaerin asking.

“And it does sounds cooler, right Chae?” Seunghyun asks.

“It’s a shorter version, nothing fancy” she says flatly.

“You know if you ever want to organize a fashion sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter