The Different Side of Me

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaerin wakes up in hope that her wrist will get better but it turns out that it gets worst. She gasp when she saw how swollen her wrist are and immediately feel the pain rushing through her arm. Even in that condition she manages to get ready for work. She skips her yoga, there is no way she could do that crazy pose with her useless wrist and she doubled her time of getting ready. The moment she exited her apartment, she immediately locked eyes with Jiyong. As a reflex, she quickly hides her arm behind her.

“You’re……late? He glanced over his watch. It’s 8. He knows she’s always early because her car usually is gone by now.

“Umm…. Yeah…” she’s a bad liar, she just hopes he wouldn’t ask about her wrist.

“How’s your wrist?” he say while walking to the elevator.

Chaerin flinched and try to hide her arms even more. “It’s… not that bad…”

“Let me see…”

“Wh-why? No!”

Chaerin’s reaction gives away suspicion to Jiyong. They enter into the elevator and Chaerin purposely stand in a way that her wrist could not be seen by Jiyong. He’s beginning to realize something and as they reach to the parking lot, he let her walk in front and again, Chaerin shift her arm to the front. Her weird behaviour attracts him making him more anxious about her wrist. Jiyong jogs to her and grab her wrist and she immediately let out a loud cry.

“Owwww!!”

Jiyong look at her wrist and release it, Chaerin’s cannot hide her expression anymore because it hurts like hell.

“It’s bad! Why didn’t you tell me it’s this bad!” he said with a stern voice and Chaerin frowns.

‘Why is he angry? You’re the one who caused this!’ she keeps quiet while holding her wrist.

“Was it this bad when you left my apartment last night?” Jiyong is looking at her with concern.

“N-no…”

“Let’s go to the hospital”

“No! I have to go to work”

“I know you’re not that smart, but this is beyond stupid, how are you going to drive that car?”

“Yah! It’s automatic, easy….”

“Again… don’t be stupid… get in.” he open the door for the passenger and gesture her to get into his car but she just watch him.

“It’s okay, really…” she’s being stubborn.

“Do you want me to drag you?”

With that, Chaerin walk to him with a pout and he carefully assist her by holding her bag for her. All of this kind gesture he’s showing is really new for her.

“Watch your wrist…” he says before closing the door.

Chaerin watch Jiyong walk with her bag in his hand and feel a little bit funny.

“What? What’s so funny?” Jiyong settle in his seat with her bag on his shoulder.

“Nothing, you match well with my bag” she continues laughing and he rolls his eyes, he carefully gives her bag back and starts to heat his engine.

“I’m sorry about your wrist…. I didn’t know it was going to be that bad” guilty is an understatement for Jiyong right now.

“It’s not your fault, it’s getting worst after last night” she blurted out.

“What happened last night?”

“Uh.. no-nothing…”

“Yah~ if the doctor asks, you have to tell the truth, is this how you going to answer later?”

“I um… I have work last night”

“What type of work you did that could make your wrist swells like that? Moving furniture? What?” the overflowing questions is getting annoying and she quickly cuts him off.

“I DJ”

“You what?”

“DJ…. I DJ at a club last night~” she said bluntly.

“Excuse me, correct me if I’m wrong, did you say you DJ at a club last night?”

“Yes….” his sarcasting tone is annoying her.

“Did you mean DJ, like DJ who mix crazy beats, getting the club hyped or DJ who just press play for songs” he sounds amused by the whole thing.

“What does that even mean? Of course the spinning and mixing” she rolls her eyes.

“Do you even have talent for that?”

“Yah!”

“Why didn’t I know you DJ?”

“You never asked…”

“Oh….” He scratches his chin. This new discovery just makes her even more interesting.

“Surprised? There’s more about me that you don’t know….” she shows a playful smile which she regrets almost immediately. Cursing herself in her mind on what is the relevant in showing him her witty side.

He just throws a small smile at her cute act. One thing for sure to him, she really has that mix of sassiness combine with her natural cute charm and top with a hint of iness. Chaerin look away, a bit embarrassed by her own behaviour just now.

“Why did you go anyways? You know you’re injured” Jiyong is back to his stern tone.

“You’re being annoying….”

“I’m being annoying?”

“Yes…”

“Are you serious now?”

“Too many questions~”

“Why can’t you think wisely? You know your wrist is not okay… yet you go and DJ at a club… why? After I told you loud and clear to do nothing and rest… I should’ve just made you work at my place if I know you’re not taking good care of yourself…”

“Why are you so upset?” Chaerin frowns and look away from him.

“Because now I have to take you to the clinic” Chaerin felt bitter at his words and feels like he’s forced to do so.

“Fine, I can go by myself, sorry to trouble you. I didn’t know my injured wrist would be so burdensome to you..” ‘correction.. my injured wrist that was caused by you!’ she said flatly and start to reach for the door.

But before she could do that, Jiyong grab her arm, holding her from leaving.

“Sit, don’t you dare go anywhere, I don’t want you to get injured again”

His words makes her flinched and she look at him with questioning eyes.

“Be-because, then I have to answer to your brother why I’m not taking care of his sister…and this is partly my fault as well…” he finds an excuse to cover his statement just now.

‘Of course’ she takes out her phone when she sees him dialling someone on his phone and starts typing a text to Teddy telling him about her might not be able to come in to the office today.

“Hello, Chunhee, if someone wants to look for me today, tell them that I will only be available in the evening… I have a really important thing to do this morning, can you do that for me? Yes…. Okay… be sure to tell Youngbae that…… okay…. Thank you..”

The word ‘important’ makes Chaerin flutter a little bit and she smile but was caught by Jiyong and she quickly turn away from his gaze to reach for the seatbelt. Jiyong turn to look at Chaerin who is struggling to pull the seat belt with one hand and move closer to assist her.

He is too close to her where he can clearly sink in her sweet strawberry scent that has become familiar to him lately. Every time she went to his apartment, her scent will linger everywhere. Chaerin remain stiff in her seat because of the closeness and she can feel their skin brushing that brings weird feelings to her.

“Let’s go…” Jiyong shift gear and starts driving.

 

*****************************

 

Minzy and Daesung have just finish eating their breakfast at a café that is not too far from their work place and is having a small talk while walking out from the café. Suddenly a man bumped into Minzy and her drink fell from her hand.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry sir… sorry, I was not paying attention just now, did you get any stain?” Minzy starts bowing to the man who looks like in his early 20’s.

The man was startled as well but he flash his wide smile to her showing that he’s fine and totally ignore Daesung’s existence beside her.

“No…no I’m sorry too…” Daesung is looking at the man with a serious look.

“You bump into her…” he said coldly and Minzy feel the tense coming over from Daesung.

“It’s okay oppa….. He said he was sorry” Minzy held onto Daesung’s arm.

“Sorry bro, I didn’t mean to…” the man bow again showing his sincere apology and Daesung’s expression went softer from just now.

“Hmm…” he grabs onto Minzy’s hand and walk away from the area. He drag her a bit rough making her stumble along the way.

“Oppa….”

Daesung continue on dragging her making her so confused on why he is over reacting.

“Oppa!” he pulls her hand from his grip which caused Daesung to turn around at her direction.

“I’m sorry~” he said as soon as he sees her reaction.

“Why are you so mad~”

Daesung keep quiet with one hand on his waist and the other is brushing his hair.

“I’m talking to you oppa” Minzy said with a commanding voice.

“He was looking at you”

“Are you mad because he’s looking at me?” Minzy felt her heart race.

“Well, with that kind of eyes… I just want to poke his eyes…”

“Let him look then” she provoked him.

“Do you like being look at like that?”

“Well, it’s not like I can’t be look at you know…. I’m free to look at…”

“Really?” he challenged her stare.

“Unless someone could just stand up, be a man and say to the other man ‘don’t look at my woman’ then yes…. I’m free to be look at”

“Mmmm…” Daesung shift his gaze to the cafe and start marching towards it. Minzy was startled and follow him from behind. He enters into the café and start searching around.

“Oppa~ what are you doing?” she grab his arm when she saw him move forward to the man who bumped into her just now.

“Hey… don’t look at my woman again...” he said with a stern voice to that man. He was on his tab when Daesung march to him and flinch when he get close and say those words to him leaving him dumbfounded and a very embarrassed Minzy who was left there. Daesung leave dramatically after making a statement and she look at the man for a while before bowing repeatedly apologizing on his behalf.

She then rushes out from the café and try to catch up with Daesung. Slowly, it began to register to her. She gathers her courage to intertwine her fingers with him. Without saying anything Daesung tighten his grip on her fingers and let out a small giggle. Minzy then rest her head on his shoulder while walking towards YG building.

“I’ve been waiting for this….”

“I know….”

“What took you so long?”

“I thought I have made it clear that you’re mine?” he then makes Minzy to face him.

“How can I know if you don’t say those words?” Minzy pouts.

“Okay… so then, right this moment, you are my woman~” he gaze into her eyes.

“If only I knew it only took a man to bumped into me for you to come clean, I would’ve done it long ago….” She chuckles “Jealous oppa….”

“I am… I really do…” he then kisses her forehead. Minzy can’t wait to tell her girls about this and smile imagining their reaction towards the whole thing.

 

**********************

 

“How did it become like this?” the Dr exchange his looks at the people who is in front of him.

“Umm…. I, twisted my wrist….” Chaerin look at the floor while Jiyong is staring at her.

“She was attacking me and I twisted her wrist as a reflex”

“Huh?” the Dr shows a confused face.

“That happened because you keep pushing me off my limit… my patience was up to here” Chaerin put her hand on her nose indicating her patience’s limit.

“Because you like to test me….”

“How about you? You always order me around, you always nag at me, you never say thank you and you never say anything when I cooked that food with that limited ingredients you have in your fridge~”

“I order you around because then you’ll be lost in your own world, nag because you deserve it, what should I say about the food you cook? Good job? Well done? Why would i..? All you cook was ramen after all, throwing a little bit more ingredients here and there….”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter