The Late Supper

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The girls step their foot out of the airplane feeling groggy, it’s 11pm here in Seoul and they haven’t been able to sleep at all during the flight. Their body clock is messed up. Minzy and Bom are down with flu while Dara and Chaerin are suffering from jet lag.

“Urghhhh my headddd~~” Chaerin pinch her forehead.

Bom and Minzy are sneezing non-stop all the way to the immigration counter. Wearing the white mask covering half of their face. After obtaining their luggage, they walk out having different vibe compare to when they were flying off to New York. They look dead. Their radiant faces when they were last seen in this airport change to pale and gloomy.

Seeing the faces that they miss so much brings happiness to their faces but the reaction that they get are not as what they hoped for. No hugs and kisses. No happy faces. Seunghyun, Youngbae and Daesung look rather gloomy as well.

“Good luck~” they whisper to each other. They know why the boys are acting this way, after Jeremy Scott’s runway, more articles came up. This means, more pictures showed up. Pictures of them with good looking models, artists and socialites of the opposite . They can smell jealousy oozing from the boys.

Automatically, Chaerin directly went to her brother and as she was about to hug him, he turn to look at her with his cold expression.

“We’re going to talk later, you’re not going with us, Jiyong will be taking you home~” Chaerin turn to look at Bom whom is making eye contact with her.

“What?” Chaerin said slowly trying not to sound shocked at his brother who looks so scary right now. Seunghyun just have that face expression that can make people shivers on their feet when he stares at you, even when he is staring blankly without emotions.

“Why? You got a problem with that?”

“No… I ummm…”

“You guys live at the same place anyways….”

“Yeah~” Chaerin scratch her head.

“Stop being so scary…” Bom wrap her arm around his waist that manage to soften his expression a little bit.

“You have explaining to do~” Seunghyun release Bom’s arm around his waist while looking at her before taking over the trolley.

“Okay, can I at least get a hug~” Chaerin pouts.

Seunghyun look at her briefly before hugging her. Right this moment, Chaerin mouthed to Bom “Watch and learn~”

“Hmm, Ji will be here soon, are you okay to wait here?” Seunghyun asked.

“Why don’t we wait with her…” Bom proposed.

“No… no it’s okay babe… I can wait… you guys go ahead..” Chaerin smile.

After hugging Bom, she turns to look at her other friends whom are given the cold shoulder as well by their partner and she rolls her eyes. It wasn’t that bad compare to their previous gateway. Except that, this time, it was covered by one of the sneaky gossip website, Allkpop and there are pictures as evidence. Dara might be the one in problem right now with her agency and all the girls might get into a fight with their significant others.

‘Fine… it’s bad~’ Chaerin sigh before giving them a ‘hwaiting’ sign. Dara and Minzy just show their sad faces before slowly fading away from Chaerin’s sight.

Chaerin find a seat that is strategic enough to be seen by Jiyong because her phone is dead. She did tell Seunghyun to inform Jiyong about it though. She takes out her book and start reading it while glancing once in a while at the entrance.

 

*****************************

 

“Are we not talking?” Dara pouts when they are in Youngbae’s car.

“Hmmm…” Youngbae sigh.

“Bae~~~” Dara uses all her might despite of the jetlag to coax her man. She lean closer and rest her head on Youngbae’s shoulder.

He didn’t pushed her aside and just let her be in that position.

“Baby, you, of all people should know how it is when in fashion shows right?” Dara whisper to his ear and start snuggling to his neck.

No reaction.

“Baby… it was just pictures.. nothing happened~ no flirting going on… when people asked, I said I already have a boyfriend back home~” Dara starts showering him with light pecks on the cheek.

No reaction. Youngbae is still focus driving on the road.

“Bae!!!” Dara smack his arm and fold her arms, pouting while staring outside the window.

Youngbae turn to his side slightly and start chuckling “It’s a new record… 10 minutes~”

“What?” she said flatly.

“Of you persuading me… usually, it won’t last for 5 minutes~” he continue chuckling while pinching her cheeks.

Dara turn and glare at Youngbae but it doesn’t stick for long because she reflects immediately to his words.

“Sorry for being a to you Bae~” she sigh and lean to his shoulder.

“Baby I was just putting up an act… Those guys have no chance of winning either if they are going against me, right?” he scoff and Dara chuckle a little.

“Of course… no chance at all…” she said and intertwines her fingers with his.

Youngbae kissed her forehead and continue driving with slow song playing in the car, setting up the mood for the two lovers.

 

***********************************************

 

“I feel like tearing down all the men’s hand in the pictures…. That’s how raged I was when I saw that picture…” Daesung slurp on his noodles. They stop by at one of the tent on the side road to fill their hunger.

“Aigoo oppa… you’ll turn into hulk in no time if you go on living like this…” Minzy chuckles.

“Min please don’t let other guys touch you again in the future…” Daesung passes the tissue to Minzy when she sneezes non-stop.

“Oppa, don’t be ridiculous… I’m a dancer, I get touch by men all the time~” she rolls her eyes.

“Baby~ that’s a different story~” he put down his chopsticks and grab Minzy’s hand. “You know, when I saw that picture, I was so angry that I realized I don’t like seeing you having skin ship with other men.”

“Oppa~~~ that lasted for few seconds only~”

“I still don’t like it…”

“But you’re okay with me dancing seductively with men?”

Daesung nod and show his eye smile.

“Aiggoooo!!” Minzy knock his head lightly. She knows what he means. Daesung is not being a possessive boyfriend but simply stating his opinion.

“What? I just don’t like it…”

“Okay…. I’ll be careful next time… I will just talk to women and will stay away from men at all cost~” Minzy move away from Daesung teasing him. ‘

He pulls her a bit rough making her stumble to his lap “Except from me…” he smirk.

“People are staring!!” Minzy whisper loudly while smiling awkwardly at her surroundings.

“Let them stare~” he mumble nonchalantly continuing to eat his noodle.

After few tries trying to escape from Daesung, he releases her to go back to her seat after getting a smack on his shoulder.

“Aigoo~ we have to go to the clinic to get you checked…. No more travelling during seasons like this~” Daesung said sternly after Minzy sneezes non stop.

“Stop being so possessive oppa~” she rolls her eyes.

“That just me, you just have to deal with me baby~” he teases before Minzy giggles at her boyfriend’s antics.

 

****************************

 

“Well, I’m not going to explain myself about the whole situation where i took pictures with my friends and so on…” Bom mumbles while sneezing few times between the lines.

Seunghyun turn to look at Bom briefly before focusing on the road again. He stays silent.

“I didn’t do anything wrong, so… if you think I deserve to be treated like this, then… it’s up to you…” she said nonchalantly but no reply from Seunghyun. She glances at him with the corner of her eyes and he looks composed compare to when they were at the airport just now.

“Okay” he said shortly enough to annoy Bom with his answers.

“That’s it?” Bom turn her attention towards him.

Seunghyun nod.

“Just…okay?”

He nods again.

“So, you’re not going to lecture me or get angry at me with the picture snapped at the events?”

“Nope…”

“Did you look at the pictures?”

“I did…”

“And you have nothing to say?”

“No.”

Bom starts to feel irritated because he genuinely doesn’t look like he’s affected at all with the pictures.

“Men were swarming me and they wrap their arms around me…”

“I know, I saw it…”

“So?!” she raised her voice a little and Seunghyun sigh.

“So… nothing… what do you want me to say?” he said calmly.

“So what’s with the cold treatment at the airport just now?”

“It’s for Chaerin, not you…”

“So you’re mad at Chae because of the pictures but you’re not mad at me???” she frowns.

“I’m not mad at her…. I’m just acting as a brother~ I’m letting her know that what she did was not cool, it make her look bad…”

“What about me? Why are you so composed? Why are you not acting as my boyfriend?” Bom sneeze making her stumble at her words a few times.

“Who says I’m not acting as your boyfriend? I am, Bom… you just said that you didn’t do anything wrong and you don’t have to justify what you did… Fine with me and now you want me to nag you? I don’t understand this~" he press his forehead.

"I want you to be mad at me but not mad, mad... Mad but lovingly...! Understand?!"

Seunghyun try to grasp what Bom's said but he just don't understand a single crap she was saying and stay silent for a while. He was about to say something.

“You just don’t care!” she turns around facing the other side and fold her arms.

Seunghyun sigh and glance briefly at Bom before shaking his head.

 

*******************************

 

Almost finish half of her novel, Chaerin stretch and look around trying to locate a familiar figure but none. Feeling bored and jet lag, she starts standing up and stretches more. There are not many people at the airport during this time. She bends down while touching the floor with her fingertips and feel much better during the process now her muscle is a bit more relaxed.

“What’s up with showing your to the world” Jiyong voice startled her that she quickly straighten up and look behind her.

“Oh my god! Why are you always like this?” Chaerin said while rubbing her chest.

“What happened to your phone?” he starts looking in her trolley, calculating her luggage.

“My phone died….”

“Oh…. Why? Didn’t have a chance to charge it? Due to late night partying with the rich and famous?” he smirks.

“So, you saw?” Chaerin sigh. ‘Great… just great’

“Which one? The one where you took pictures where a guy kissed you on your cheek? Or the one where the guy having his arm wrap around your waist? Or the one where you sit on a guy’s lap?” he carefully bring her trolley and starts walking.

Chaerin is not stupid. She can differentiate between jealousy and sarcasm. And what happened just now showed the jealous Jiyong. She can sense it from the way he said those words and the way he looked at her. If it was sarcasm, he probably would have that stupid one sided smile that never failed to take her breath away. But just now, it was cold and direct.

“Is that….. Jealousy I smell? She dance her way to his side unable to hide the happiness inside her knowing that Jiyong is jealous. That might mean something.

“Me? Jealous? Pffttt~~” he scoff. Of course his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter