The Coincidence

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s Thursday and Chaerin is waiting for Teddy to come to her office, they have a lunch meeting with the fashion house company, GDYB. She dials Youngbae’s phone.

“Hello oppa” she said cheerfully.

“Oh, Chae… are you on your way?”

“No, not yet… I’m calling to ask you, do you need us to bring the portfolio for other gigs or you just need those related with fashion stuff only?”

“Oh, you don’t need to bring anything, I convinced them you’re that good” Youngbae joked.

“Yah oppa~ too much” she chuckles.

“Oh, by the way, I’m not going to be in the meeting okay…. I’m handling something else, but no worries, GD, my partner…will attend to you with our Senior Marketing Director, Seungri”

“Oh, your cousin who rarely comes out in pictures right?”

“Haha, yeah… he’s camera shy….”

“Okay, is there anything about them that you can tell me, so that I can be mentally prepared…”

“Okay, GD, he’ll be putting up a cold expression, but that’s just how he is… no worry, that’s his poker face, and he will provoke you with series of questions…”

“Woah, that’s scary… why are you not joining????” Chaerin pouts and Youngbae chuckles.

“But please don’t get offended by him yeah?”

“I understand, it must be stressful for all of you right because the fashion week is just around the corner… Don’t worry, I will convinced your cousin! How about that Seungri?”

“He’s the total opposite, he will sweet talk you… be careful not to fall into his trap, but I’m not worried at all if it’s you…”

“What do you mean oppa? i feel like it's not regarding of work~”

“Hmm…. I’m saying this as a friend… from work perspective, he’s great… but after working hours, he’s a different story”

“Oh~ no worries oppa…. I’m keeping it professional…”

“That’s why I said I’m not worried at all, because it’s you…”

“Why? Is this Seungri really that good into sweet talking people?”

“To the point that most woman will end up on his bed, yeah…. That good~”

“Oh, so he’s like that… okay then oppa….thanks a lot for the heads up~~ why are you friend with a ert…?”

“Haha, oh he’s a really good friend actually, are you going alone?”

“Oh, no…I’m going with Teddy and Yoona~”

“Oh, you bring your front liners huh, ahaaha”

“Of course, only the best for you oppa~” Chaerin smile.

“Okay, good luck~ oh! By the way….. ummm, I just want to say sorry for…. You know….the other day….”

“Oh my gahd, I’ve forgotten about that already! Please stop…… bye oppa!~”

Chaerin can hear Youngbae’s laugh before ending the conversation.

 

 

**************

 

 

Meanwhile, Bom is at the airport with Seunghyun. He’s going back to the airport after few days staying in Seoul.

“Umm~ so.. I guess, I’ll see you when you get back?”

“Mmm.. Thanks for dropping me off~”

This is the first time they meet again after what happened at Chaerin’s place. After that, both of them were caught up with work and didn’t get time to resolve.

“Tabi…”

“Yes?”

“Mmm… nothing, have a safe flight~”

“Okay…. Thanks…” he smiled and got off Bom’s car. Bom bite her lips feeling heavy of letting him go. She then quickly get out from her car and jogs towards him.

“You cannot just leave like that after what happened!” she pulls his arm to face him towards her.

“What had happened?”

“Don’t play dumb~ Those things you said at Chae’s place?”

“What do you want me to do?” he smiles.

“Wipe that smile off your face and tell me to be yours, I’ll be happily waiting for you…”

“Are you willing to wait for me?”

“How long…?”

“I’ll be busy with the resort~ I will only be based here next month but even with that, I will be out and about going places”

“In case you hadn’t noticed, out and about going places is not new for me… I’ve been travelling for modelling jobs as well..”

“You’ll be meeting with lots of other men whom are more qualified to take care of you and be there for you….”

“I’ve been meeting a lot with men like that and guess what? None attracts me like you do”

“Are you up for this Bommie?” he chuckles. Happy to see that Bom is on the same page as he is and he is just trying to push her.

“Stop it. Just say it….”

“Hmmm… are you sure?”

“God! What is this Seunghyun? First, you keep giving me mixed signals, next, you ask me to wait for you and now? You keep giving me these weird answers as if you’re not sure anymore… Am I just your safety net? Someone you know whom always be there for you?” Bom starts to feel like Seunghyun is not serious with her.

“I just wants you to face the reality~”

“I know! Damn it!! I am not a kid! What makes you think that I am not capable of handling this ? God~ you were the one who initiate this…..whatever this is the other day~ Look, if you’re just giving me more crap…just drop it…  I’m so stupid into thinking that we might…..urghh… I wish for you to have an awesome flight back to Jeju….and don’t bother to contact me again after this..”

Bom turn around and start marching to her car, before she could open the door, Seunghyun grab her hand and turn her around. He look into her eyes with his piercing gaze, slowly pulling her closer and kissed her. Bom was so surprised, she had her eyes opened. After feeling his soft lips parting hers, she slowly closes her eyes, giving in to his kiss. Seunghyun place his hands on her cheeks and Bom warap her arms around his neck. The kiss that both have been longing since long ago finally happened. He releases her from his kiss and rest her head on his chest.

“Will this do? Be mine… and only mine~” he whisper into her ears and Bom wrap her arms around him.

Bom cannot express her feelings with words. She’s been waiting for this to happen in a long time and now that it finally does, she doesn’t know how to react. All she knows right now is she doesn’t want this moment to end.

“Bommie?”

“How am I supposed to let you leave now?” she breathes.

“See…. I told you….” Seunghyun chuckles.

“Yah~” she slaps his chest playfully and gaze into his eyes.

“I’m going to miss you”

“Don’t look at other girls, don’t mess around at Jeju, don’t go out and you’re so dead if you stop thinking about me”

“I’m the one who supposed to say those things” he chuckles and pinches her nose.

“So, I get to call you whenever I want?”

“Yes, but…. I’m not picking up when I’m busy” Bom rolls her eyes, still in his embrace.

“And…we get to do those cheesy stuff couples do? Watch movies together, arguing over silly things, eat lots of food together?” she smiles.

“Yes” he chuckles.

“So, when people ask me if I have a boyfriend or not….i’ll say..”

“You’ll say yes.. his name is Seunghyun” he cuts off her words making her bite her lips.

With that, Bom hug him even tighter with her tears almost forming in her eyes.

“I have to go, will miss you my alien~” he gives her a quick peck on her lips before leaving her. She smile and wave at him before he enters into the departure hall. Feeling happy is an understatement.

 

**************************

 

“Chae, they are running quite late don’t you think?” Yoona asks her boss who is sitting beside her.

“It’s okay… we’ll wait for another 10…if they still haven’t arrived then we’ll leave”

“Usually, we’ll be gone by now, it’s been almost half an hour Chae” Teddy starts to feel annoyed.

Honestly, Chaerin feels the same way. If it’s not because this is Youngbae’s company, she will just leave. Teddy and Yoona starts looking through details for the meetings again, while Chaerin are looking around hoping that their guest will arrive soon.

Suddenly, she saw Jiyong with a man being by a waiter. “God…. Why is he everywhere~” she mumbles and frown. ‘Why of all places he wants to have lunch here!’ She is starting to feel suffocated by his presence.

“What?” Yoona turn her and follow where she’s eyeing.

Suddenly she stands up “They’re here!” she whisper loudly.

Teddy followed suit and Chaerin starting to feel her heart beats faster still in her seat ‘God, please stop playing with me…. This better not be another coincident’

“Mr GD, Mr Seungri… it’s really good to finally meet you, I’m Yoona and this is Seoul Nation Studio CEO, Mr Teddy Park and General Manager, Miss Lee Chaerin”

She could feel the world moving in a slow motion and God is mocking her from upstairs. Chaerin slowly stood up and bow weakly showing a very defeated face. She can clearly see how shocked Jiyong was just now before he regains his composure.

“Nice to meet all of you, please, call me Jiyong and this is my Senior Marketing Director, Seungri…” Both bow 90 degrees.

Jiyong and Seungri move to their seats opposite with the rest and Chaerin avoids eye contact with Jiyong who is seated in front of them.

‘Be professional, be professional, be professional’ Chaerin is chanting in her mind and turn to look at Seungri whom is smiling with a piercing stare at her. She frowns and looks away.

“So, do you want to order first?” Yoona initiate the conversation.

“I’ll just have ice coffee please, thank you” Jiyong says to the waiter and have his eyes fixed on Chaerin who is clearly flustered by him. ‘No wonder she took beautiful pictures, she’s a photographer…’

“Orange Juice” Seungri smile at the waiter.

“So…. Finally, we met…” Teddy smiles.

“Yes, finally…but before that, I want to apologize for being late, we were caught in another meeting…” Jiyong is apologizing and Chaerin can feel the sincerity, which makes her wants to cringe because it’s unusual for her to see this side of him.

“Oh, it’s okay, totally understand…. So let’s cut to the chase shall we?”

“Yes, let’s….”

Yoona starts explaining everything about the company’s background, the mission and vision of the company and starts showing their portfolio to their clients. All the while, Chaerin’s mind is somewhere out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter