The Pink Tutu and Red Lipstick

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everybody in GDYB headquarters are talking and whispering with each other. Youngbae just come in and saw everyone was gossiping about something and he gets curious. First he thought everyone was talking about him. He did wore last season Saint Laurent pair of jeans to work today but isn’t it too absurd to become a topic? He saw Seungri swarmed by 2 ladies around him giggling and whispering god-knows-what and he rolls his eyes.

“Ehem” he clears and the two ladies quickly dispersed to their respective desk. He glares at them before turning his attention to Seungri.

“Aigoo~ you scare them” he winks at the ladies and follow Youngbae to his office.

“What’s with the whispering and gossiping?” he asks Seungri once he settles down in his seat.

“Oh, right~~~ you’re late…. So you missed the show”

“What show?” he frowns.

“Apparently our best friend greets everyone this morning…..”

“Jiyong? so?? He always greets people….” He looked at Seungri, can’t quite figure out the fuss behind that and start looking at designs that are on his table.

“With a smile..” he raised his eyebrow and Youngbae stop and stare at him.

“No..”

“Yes…. Dude was like ‘morning!!’ and have this massive grin from ear to ear..” Seungri mimicked Jiyong with added exaggeration making him look comical and stupid.

“Stop….” Youngbae chuckles.

“Seriously, I think there’s something going on with him…”

“Like what?”

“What else?? He’s finally getting laid~~~~”

“No… I doubt it..”

“Well, let’s ask him. 100,000won? Okay! Call…!”

“Since when did I agree for a bet??” Youngbae frown at Seungri who is standing up.

“I’ll see you at lunch and get ready with that money~” he winks and step out of his office leaving Youngbae dumbfounded.

 

***************************

 

Chaerin is having a meeting with the rest of her crew. Impressed with the updates they’ve been feeding her. She feels a little bit guilty leaving her people on their own without her assistance to attend to her pending works. But seeing the progress, she’s proud of her team. She watches as Teddy now starts dividing the photographers into teams based on their specialty and liking and everyone is satisfied. One team will fly to New York together with Chaerin as she offered herself because it’s almost at the same time as Jeremy’s fashion show. One team will focus on the tourism project and thank god the GDYB project will be held after New York so Chaerin and Teddy personally will be in charge as the photographer along with two other senior photographers as per requested by Jiyong and his people.

After settling with the meeting, everybody get back to their own work leaving Chaerin and Teddy together in the glass wall meeting room.

“How’s your wrist?”

“Perfectly fine oppa, I can play bowling with this hand already~” Chaerin giggles.

“You know I got yelled by your brother~” Teddy move towards Chaerin and sit on the table next to her.

“Oh God… really?”

“Yeah, he thought you injured your hand while doing photo shoot… he ask me to not ‘torture’ you with lots of works….” Both of them rolled their eyes showing how ridiculous it sounds.

“Tabi just jumps into conclusion~ that pabo… sorry oppa…”

“It’s okay…cause I yelled at him back” he grins, inviting Chaerin to do so as well.

“I really did missed a lot of meetings huh?” Chaerin focus back on matters regarding of work.

“Not a lot… but some important ones with the clients, but it’s all good… you were not absent on purpose, besides, Jackie was present on behalf of you, and she got everything documented… come on Chae, you were missing for 4 days only, not 4 years…” Teddy tried to reassure Chaerin, because he knows she is dedicated with her work.

“Fineeeee~~” Chaerin chuckles.

“Oh, by the way… I went to a lunch meeting with Seungri the other day… but he looks disappointed, I think he thought it was going to be you… that expression of his was priceless”

“Oh! Right… I totally forgot… I was supposed to have lunch with that ert Thursday last week, but… thank god, I was injured…” she laugh and Teddy shakes his head.

“I know about his reputation… I heard it from one of my model friends, he would sweet talk the hell out of you and leave you feeling like in the morning…”

“Yeah, I know… Youngbae told me…”

“Who’s that Youngbae again? oh yeah, Dara’s boyfriend right?”

“Yup…”

“When are they getting married? They have been together for what? 8 years?”

“Yup…”

“God damn that is like forever… I don’t know how they can stick that long…”

“Oppa… you started to sound like one of those school girl who likes to gossip..” Chaerin let out a big laugh.

“Shut up….” he chuckles and stood up.

“Urghhh~ I’m heading to the office~” she yawn and stretch herself.

“Lunch?”

“Skipping…” she flash her eye smile before proceeding to exit the meeting room, Teddy can only shakes his head seeing his workaholic friend walk away.

 

*********************************

 

“So? Is it true I heard about you making headlines at GDYB today” Daesung throw a smirk at Jiyong while Seungri and Youngbae exchange glances.

“Huh?” Jiyong raised his head and look at him with questioning eyes.

“You were greeting people with a smile…” the mocking starts.

“I heard some of the girls says, you have dropping smile” Seungri laugh followed by the others except Jiyong who is not interested at all.

“So? Who’s that lucky girl?” Youngbae nudge at his cousin who is occupied with his lunch.

“I knew it… you are finally getting laid right?” Seungri fill the silence that is coming out from Jiyong.

Everybody is waiting for him to say something and looking at their faces just made Jiyong’s day “Why are you guys so interested in my love life?”

“I won. 100” Seungri gesture his hand towards Youngbae.

“Seriously?” Youngbae ignored Seungri and tried to get confirmation from the man himself.

Jiyong look closely at his best friend’s faces and smirk “Sorry to disappoint you, but none”

“! Really??” Seungri glance at Youngbae beside him.

“I won. 100” Youngbae whisper into his ear and Seungri hissed.

“You bunch of idiots~” Jiyong shakes his head while the rest are going ruckus.

While Youngbae and Seungri are having a fuss, Daesung is studying Jiyong who is sitting in front of him.

“On a serious note Ji, although we don’t see each other quite often, there’s a glow on your face you know… you look… happy.” Daesung who was quiet smiles at him.

“Yeah, really bro” Youngbae nod.

“Really?” Jiyong look down at his food and start thinking to himself, is it really showing that he’s happy? He was thinking about Chaerin. Her nagging, the omos and the aigoos, the annoyed face, the eye rolling, the smirks, her sweet scent and most importantly her cooking. Jiyong is smiling and he doesn’t even realize it.

“There are two big signs when a guy starts to fall in love…” Seungri suddenly voiced out bringing Jiyong’s soul back to the table and the rest turn their attention to him.

“It’s when a guy shows changes in his behaviour and when his mind starts to wander off” he smirk and Jiyong flustered.

“I’M NOT FALLING IN LOVE” Jiyong clears his throat after he raised his voice to them and the rest flinched hearing his loud voice.

“Jeez~ do you have to shout?” Youngbae rub his chest.

“I didn’t direct it to you” Seungri smirk.

“ you~~~” Jiyong who is clearly flustered, walk away from the table leaving them behind.

They turn to look at each other and chuckles “Yup, definitely. He’s hooked to someone” Seungri is damn sure about it.

“Is Sohee back?” Daesung suddenly blurted out.

Daesung and Seungri turn to look at him and exchange glances. Nobody knows. Everyone on the table have the same curiousity, who is the girl that is able to break down his wall bit by bit. They are sure about it, because the only time they have seen this other side of him was when he was with Sohee.

 

************************************

Flashback 6 years ago…

“Kwon Jiyong!!!! Faster!!! We’re about to miss this movie! I’m going to be so mad at you if we miss another movie this week!” Sohee is yelling on the phone while Jiyong was hurrying to reach her.

He had just parked his car and this is the third time he is late this week. Let’s not talk about last week. It safe to say last week was hell to him, he cancelled their date at the last minute due to late night partying with Seungri.

Sohee spotted that idiot boyfriend of hers running towards her while waving and instead of a sweet smile and a warm welcome, she shoots him death glare.

“Okay, before you say anything, I just want to make it clear that, I just finished my class at 6 just now and the traffic is not helping either, I almost got into accident twice because of some stupid driver who is in a rush, probably rushing to their girlfriend as well” Jiyong flashes his famous grin on his face trying to cool his girlfriend.

“Done?” she crosses her arms.

“Err…. Yeah~”

“We’re missing out the opening credit” she grabs his hand and run towards the cinema hall. Jiyong was taken aback by her swift move and almost stumble but gain his composure and giggle at Sohee’s behaviour.

Watching a horror movie is quite boring to Jiyong because his girlfriend is one who isn’t easily scared of this type of movie. While other’s girlfriend cling to their boyfriend’s neck, Sohee is watching with eye wide open, full focus on the screen in front of her, when other women scream and closes their eyes, she was staring directly at the screen with a small sigh “You know it was dark, yet you go inside the room, why? Idiot.”

It’s normal for Jiyong. She is totally different with other girls. She doesn’t know how to cook, she doesn’t clean, because she has people doing it for her. But, don’t get it wrong, she is not a snob, although she has that look that is pretty snobbish with ice cold expression. She doesn’t have a lot of friends because of that and she love watching horror movies and action movies. The only things that can be relate to her with other girls are makeup and clothes. Regardless of all that, Jiyong still love her, they’ve been together for two years and going strong. Although he would love for her to depend on him once in a while, because she is too independent and sometimes she would treat him like any other guy.

“How was it? What’s your favourite scene? Mine was when they thought they were safe but then it was actually a dream, they were still haunted”

Jiyong glance at his girlfriend “So, are you not mad at me anymore?”

“Let me think first~” she wears the seatbelt.

“Babeeee~ please~” Jiyong move closer to Sohee and rest his head on her shoulder until he heard her giggles.

“Fine! But you are buying me my favourite ddukboki!” Sohee pinch his nose and Jiyong peck her lips.

“As long as my ice princess is happy~~~~~”

 

Flashback 4 years ago..

“Baby, please… you know how it is in a club~” Jiyong tried to touch her shoulder but Sohee pushes his hand away.

“Ji, you stink… get away from me, clean yourself and sober up, then we’ll talk…” Sohee was about to enter into their room but Jiyong grab her and hug her tightly.

“Babe, please…” Jiyong slurred with his speech.

“You come home drunk! Again!” Sohee can’t contain her feelings any longer, they have started living together for a year now and she can feel that Jiyong is started to let the fame to lead his life.

“Babe~” Sohee pushed him off of her.

“You reek of alcohol, you smell of ciggarate~ What is this Ji? Huh? I can’t put up with your anymore.. I had enough….” Sohee storm off to the bedroom and lock the door behind her.

“Babe~~ don’t be like this, I can explain… please, just listen to me… baby… open the door please?”

“LEAVE ME ALONE JI!!”

The first big fight they ever had as a couple. Yes, he was drunk, but it was unintentional. He was entertaining the clients, they are in the early stage of their operations. Jiyong is doing all this for her, he wants to entertain his clients and seal the deal. Yes, things get carried away, he admits, but this is the second time he came home this late in this condition. He felt that Sohee is over reacting. She has been complaining a lot lately, they have less time together but she needs to understand, he is also adjusting to this whole new situation. She was the one who encouraged him to follow his dream.

“I’m doing this for you babe, only you Sohee… for you~” Jiyong wobble to the couch and lay down. He is mumbling something until he fell asleep.

Jiyong feel a damp towel over his skin and he opened his eyes slowly. He felt the sting come rushing in to his head and saw Sohee is at the end of the couch wiping his feet. Jiyong saw visible tears flowing down her cheeks and he felt heavy in his chest.

“Baby…” Jiyong sit up ignoring the headache and come close to her. He touches her cheeks and wipe away her tears.

“I’m tired Ji…” she sobs “I’m tired of fighting over the same thing over and over again…” Sohee covers up her face with her palms and her sobs began to become louder.

Jiyong took her in his embrace and start caressing her head “Babe, I promise you.. this will be the last.. I love you so much.. I’m doing this for us, I’m sorry for tonight.. never again, stop crying please…”

Sohee starts to wrap her arms around Jiyong’s waist “We can’t fight like this all the time, I’m afraid of what it might bring for our future… I’m afraid we might….” She chokes unable to continue her speech.

“Stop saying those things, because it will never happen. I will never leave you. You are the one I want to spend my whole life with…” Jiyong is being serious. He really sees Sohee standing side by side with him, attending fashion shows, with the tittle of Mrs Kwon.

“Promise?” Sohee look up into his eyes seeking for assurance.

“I promise…” Jiyong planted a kiss on her lips and spend the night cuddling with her on the couch.

 

Flashback 3 years ago…

“Babe, can you help me with these?” Sohee is calling Jiyong to the kitchen to help her with the dishes she’s cooking.

“Sure…what do you want me to do?” he wraps his arms around her waist and starts attacking her by kissing her cheeks and nuzzling at her neck.

“Hello Mr, I want you to taste my food~~~ and wash the dishes please, thank you~” sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter