The Drama

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaerin drive along the highway accompanied by the street light. It’s 3am in the morning and there are not many cars seen on the road, tempting her to race through the night. The dim light sends out melancholic vibe to her, sending her all the way back to the event that happened two days ago. She can’t help but form a smile when she recall back Jiyong’s sweet words.

Chaerin now feel that Jiyong might have feelings for her judging by the way he treats her and care for her. Let just hope that Jiyong will make a move to her soon. She knows it won’t be easy for him to open up the door to his heart because of his past but Chaerin is more than willing to wait.

It’s a hectic day for her today, since this weekend is the start of Korean fashion week. They received many offer to cover some of the big events but this year they manage to get the exclusivity by covering only 3 big projects in different industry which manage to raise their brand name among the competitors.

Getting the day off today because she work nonstop until wee morning for the past few days, she planned to make most of the day to pamper her. She will have her me-time. Her list includes dyeing her hair, meni pedi, massage and of course cuddling with her rilakuma in her apartment watching movies.

Chaerin arrived at her apartment and went straight to her bathroom, filling her bath tub with bubble bath. She really needs it. Finishing, she make herself a hot cocoa and make her way to the living room with the Vogue magazine she bought the other day. Flipping through the first page, she startled over her phone that rings at almost 5 in the morning. She frowns when she saw the name on the screen.

“Hello oppa?”

“Chae~” the voice on the other line cracked.

“Oppa, are you okay?” Chaerin asked with concern to Youngbae.

“She’s gone… Dara… she’s gone” she can hear him choking while saying his words.

“Gone? Oppa… I don’t understand… you’re scaring me… What happened to Dara??” Chaerin turn her full attention to Youngbae.

“She’s gone, her stuff, all of them are gone…. She’s gone Chae…” he sounds drunk.

“Oppa… I-I don’t understand… are you drunk?”

“I cheated on her…”

“You what?!”

“Help me please, I don’t want to lose her…”

“Where are you?” Chaerin feel like yelling at him but seeing his condition, it’s better to just listen to him first.

“Home…”

“I try to look for her, lay off the alcohol, get a rest first, I will go to your place later…”

“I need her Chae, I love her..” Chaerin feel annoyed at his remarks.

“If you love her, you wouldn’t cheat on her~” she said sternly. She can imagine how Dara is feeling right now. She’s been there at that phase with Soohyuk before, so she knows.

“I know… I’m an idiot..” he starts growling and mumbling.

“Get a grip of yourself, it’s Friday and you need to clean up your act oppa, your fashion show is happening this Saturday~”

“Hmm… help me…”

“I’ll see what I can do…” Chaerin ended the conversation and sigh. If there is any couple in the world that she thought would never go through what she’s gone through, it will be Dara and Youngbae. Their love story is just epic and she finds it hard to believe that Youngbae cheated on Dara.

Chaerin try calling her number but, all she gets was the annoying woman’s voice telling her that she is unreachable.

Calling for Minzy would be useless, because she is in Japan right now. She dials Bom’s number and waited for her to pick it up.

“Chae~” Bom pick her calls while yawning.

“Sorry babe… I know it’s early, but we have a situation…”

“It’s better be good, because it’s ing 5 in the morning…” Bom reply still half asleep.

“Youngbae cheated on Dara..”

“WHAT??!!”

“And Dara practically clear out her stuff from his apartment….”

“No!”

“He called me like five minutes ago”

“That bastard! Really?? I can’t believe it”

“Wait… just chill out… we still don’t know what happen…”

“I hope that this is just some misunderstanding…”

“Me too… so, I need your help, do you have anything to do today?”

“Dating, which of course I will push aside… what do you want me to do?”

“Tabi would understand… I’ll go find out things from Youngbae, since I have the day off today and you will locate where Dara is okay? You know how she is… she will go into hiding and probably hibernate herself for a month before facing the real world…”

“Oh my god, she still have shooting to do, how can she manage this mess? No worries, I’ll go and ask from Donny…”

“Thanks babe…”

“Sure, I’ll update you about it later, same to you okay?”

“Yup, talk to you later…”

“Okay…”

Chaerin ended the conversation and sigh. Her list has got to wait.

 

 

*************************************

 

 

Chaerin hug her body warming herself while pressing the doorbell to Youngbae’s apartment. After what feels like forever, finally the door opens revealing a messy Youngbae in what looks like his last night outfit, judging from the black jeans and his black flashy top.

“Urghhh, oppa, you reek of alcohol~”

“Yeah, well, welcome to my miserable life” Youngbae reply groggily and invites her in. chaerin look around and she notices a couple of Mr Jack Daniel is laying on the living room table surrounded by cans of beers. Chaerin guessing, 12? Maybe 13?

“Oh god, already having a party?” she joked. Bad timing.

“Stop with the sarcasm Chae, I’m not in the mood…” he slump in the living room while Chaerin is trying hard not to be repulsed by the smell of alcohol surrounding the air.

“So, what happens actually?”

“Somebody sent Dara a pic of me… with a girl…” he sighs and pressed his head lightly.

“So? It can't be because of that only...” she demands for more information.

“I’m half and asleep with the girl in my arm” Chaerin stare at him and Youngbae can feel the wrath over flowing from Chaerin. As expected, she throw one of the pillow straight to his face.

“How dare you?! How dare you play her like that??”

“Listen… there’s an explanation for the whole thing…”

“Explanation?? What??!” she’s furious and all she can think about is punching him on his face.

“It happened during Dara and I broke up… you remember when Dara ask for a break up and we go our separate ways for 7 months? It was during that time and it was a one-time thing only.. And, most importantly, nothing happened..”

“Nothing happened??!!” she scoffs.

“Seriously, you can ask Jiyong, he was with me during that time…”

“What??” Chaerin was dumbfounded.

“No…. no, not like that~ ahhh… Please don’t misunderstood.. That night, Jiyong and I went to that girl’s party and I was depressed. I remember missing Dara so much that day. It was the first time I let go of my feelings and we make out for a little bit, but that’s it. Nothing else happened. I remember telling her about Dara and weep like a baby before falling into deep sleep. I remember Ji woke me up and drag me out of the house and I’m sure nothing happened because I still have my pants on that morning…” Youngbae explained earnestly while Chaerin is looking at him suspiciously.

“How can I know you’re telling the truth?”

“You can’t, I guess, you just have to trust me…” Youngbae turn his gaze on the floor and sigh.

Chaerin study the man in front of her. Somehow she believes him. As a third party who had seen it all on their relationship, Chaerin is confident that Youngbae won’t be able to hurt Dara that way. He just loves her too much.

“I believe you oppa….” She mumbles.

Chaerin saw the sparkle in his eyes when she said that and glimpse of hope rises from within.

“Help me to talk to Dara…”

“Have you explained this to her?”

“I didn’t had the chance, she just write this…” Youngbae handed over a piece of paper to Chaerin. Together with it is the infamous photo and Chaerin knows how much it hurts Dara when seeing it.

 

I never thought that I would be seeing pictures like this. I know it would bring pain but I never thought it could bring pain that I could not describe with words. No wonder every time I bring up topic about marriage, you always dodge it. Have fun with that . You may think you gain some, but baby, you just lost one.

 

“I’ve been calling her since, but I can’t get through… I’ve sent her tons of messages..”

“Why didn’t you tell her earlier about it?”

“I didn’t think it was a big deal Chae, I don’t even remember her name.. it happened when we broke up…”

“Of course it matters, it matters because look what is the effect~ ty things like this happened…”

“I know I’m an idiot.. Ji been telling me to come clean with Dara but I keep on pushing it… because I was afraid this happens, but look what I’ve done” he chuckles, laughing at his pathetic self.

“It’s too late to feel regret… but it’s not too late to win her back…” Chaerin sigh.

“I bought this couple of weeks ago….” Youngbae grab something from his pocket and take out a beautiful diamond ring and Chaerin gasp. She looks at him feeling even sorrier towards him.

“I was going to ask her to be my wife….” Youngbae smile before it turns into a sad smile. He quickly blinks to prevent the tears that are threatening to roll down his cheeks.

“Oppa….”

“All these time she thought I wasn’t ready… but I was planning for our future, I’ve bought a house for us and it was supposed to be my surprise wedding gift for her…”

“Oppa~”

“I just… don’t want to lose her Chae…” he brushes his hair roughly.

“And you won’t…. don’t give up… Bommie is searching for her as we speak and we will talk to her, don’t worry, as for now… please don’t act like both of you have ended…”

“How? How can I ignore that? The fact that her things are gone from my place.. Everything… even Tamtam.. When I realized, part of me is gone with her…”

“Oppa, you still love her right?”

“Chae I just told you about my future plan with her…”

“Well, than prove to her how much you want her in your life, yes she will be angry and she will probably hate you for two minutes, but it will pass, because at the end of the day what matters is your honesty… the love you have for her… now, sober up~ get your grip together and clean this mess up… you have that fashion show tomorrow and you need to be on you’re A game…”

“I don’t feel like doing anything….”

“I understand… but if you dwell on your sadness, you’re acknowledging that you and Dara have no hope to be together… instead of drowning yourself in sadness, you should find ways how to get her back…” Chaerin explained, slapping some senses to Youngbae.

“Do you think she will forgive me?” Youngbae sit up straight and look deeply into her eyes.

“Yes…” she said confidently.

“Really?”

“Yes oppa… trust me, I’m well aware of her and you should have faith in yourself….”

“I hope so Chae…”

“Does Ji know?”

“Not yet…”

“Hmmm… I’ll be leaving oppa, just…. Please don’t let sadness control your actions…”

“…”

“I’ll call you if I have any news about her…”

“Please do….”

Chaerin left Youngbae’s apartment feeling determined to locate her best friend. Bom failed to gain any information from Donny as he also said that Dara asked for 1 week off and their agency is now in chaos over it.

 

 

**************************************

 

 

“Dara….”

“Sorry Ji… I need to see you this late…” Dara wear a big hoodie to hide her small frame. They hang out in one of the food tent far from GDYB.

“Is everything okay? It’s just that, Youngbae didn’t show up today….”

“We broke up..”

“What??!” some of the customers turn their head towards them.

“Shh!!” Dara put her index finger to .

“What happened? When??”

“No questions asked.. I just need to you give Youngbae this…” she takes out a box and placed it in the middle of the table.

“Dara… can you at least tell me what happened?”

“I can’t… because, I’m afraid if I talk about it…. I would crumble…” Dara sniff.

Jiyong watch as Dara’s tear slowly roll down her cheeks. He was always their middle man. When they got into a fight, he will somehow get involve in fixing things or talking some senses to the other person but somehow, this moment, he knows that this is something that he can’t get his hands into. This is serious.

“What is this?”

“Things I treasure most when I’m with him…”

“Then… sorry, but you have to give it to him personally…”

“Ji…” Dara look at him.

“I can’t..”

“I’m not asking for help… I’m begging you to do this for me…”

“Dara….”

“Please….” She bows in front of him and shocked Jiyong.

“Okay… I will give it to him…”

“Thanks…” she stands up and holds his hand. “Word of advice… Be true to your feelings before it’s too late… I don’t know how you feel about Chaerin but if you don’t have any intention on pursuing her, then stop, because she starting to like you…”

“Sh-she like me?” Jiyong stumble with his words.

“Yes…” Dara smile.

Jiyong watch as she leaves her all alone with the box, thinking about thing she said just now. He stare at it for a while before leaving to his cousin’s place.

 

 

*****************************************

 

 

“I heard….” Jiyong said when Youngbae opens the door for him.

“Chaerin told you huh?” he heads to leaving room and lay on the couch.

“No… Dara did…” Youngbae sit up abruptly hearing her name.

“You met her? Where? When? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t know what happened when she called, I only know about it when we meet just now..”

“Did she say anything?” Youngbae ask while looking down on the floor. He sounds so depressed and Jiyong doesn’t know how to break the news to him.

“Bae…” he shift next to Youngbae and pass the box to him.

Youngbae already know what’s inside even before he opened the box. He stands up and storm to the kitchen. Concern, Jiyong follow him from behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter