The Acquaintance

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The scene right now feels like how Chaerin was when she had that fake date with him, she is pacing around her apartment, biting nails, tapping her feet, and weirdly open up the fridge for no reason at all. Once again, the man living in front of her manages to make her wondering and anxious of what event he’ll do today.

It’s déjà vu all over again by Jiyong telling her that he’ll picked her up at a bit later at 9am. She stumbles a little bit when she went to answer the door. Chaerin looked at herself for the final time. She wears something ‘safe’ today. Since its cold outside, she puts on a burgundy turtle neck with black liquid leggings paired with black Balenciaga boots. Chaerin finish it off with motorcycle jacket for the edge.

“Morning” she greets him with a smile and Jiyong straight away goes in and look at her from head to toe.

“You don’t like it, do you~” Chaerin said flatly after noticing Jiyong’s expression.

“Chae…. I like it~”

“But?” she gives him a bore look.

“You should wear puffer coat, because it’s warmer…” he grins.

“Tskk~ puffer coat is boring…”

“But, it’s warmer~”

“Urghhh~ fine…” she disappear to her wardrobe and comes back wearing a black puffer coat.

“You look so squishy~” Jiyong smile and hug Chaerin tightly making her smile at his random act.

“Before we go…..” Chaerin releases herself from Jiyong and go to the fridge, she takes out a heart shaped box and give it to Jiyong “Happy Valentine’s Day”

“What’s this?” Jiyong couldn’t hide his excitement.

“It’s chocolate, duhhh~” Chaerin rolls her eyes and chuckles.

“When did you make this?”

“Yesterday” she smiles.

“Yums~” he eats one and smile widely at her.

“Did you just say yums?” Chaerin chuckles.

 “Stop it~” he pinch her nose and continue eating one more.

“I never heard a boy says yums… so cute!” she laughs and try to take one from the box but her hand was smack by him.

“This is mine… make your own~”

“Yah!”

“What? I’m going to keep this at my place, wait for me” with that Jiyong quickly storms out. Chaerin shakes her head and feel happy at his reaction just now. She grabs her black Channel bag and proceeds to the hall, waiting for Jiyong.

“Ready?” he meets her in the hallway and Chaerin nods.

They walk side by side to the elevator. Glancing at each other. Both still can’t believe that they are now a couple. Chaerin reminisce the first time they met, how cocky Jiyong was with his smug and his one side smirk that irritates Chaerin the most. Suddenly she chuckles when they enter the elevator, and Jiyong turn to look at her.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Nothing, I remembered our first meeting…. I never thought that we can be like this….” Chaerin smile shyly and her hair to the back.

“Like what?” Jiyong move closer to her.

“Urghh stop it~~” she rolls her eyes.

“You’re so cute, you know?” he smile.

“Well, I can be y too okay…”

“I know, but your whole presence screams cute…”

“Cute… hmmm” somehow Chaerin feels not satisfied with just cute.

“I can show you y~” she look into his eyes, teasing him. Before he could respond, they reached the parking lot. Jiyong smile and lead the way.

“Hey, where are we going?” Chaerin frowns when Jiyong walk pass through their vehicle.

“Just follow me…”

Feeling anxious, Chaerin followed him from behind and walk out from the parking lot to the front of the building. turns into ‘O’ shaped when she saw what’s in store for her.

“Surprise~” Jiyong smile happily and points to the RV that is parked nicely in front of them. Chaerin doesn’t know how to respond at the surprise.

“You’re… joking?” she said hesitantly.

“We’re going camping…” he grins.

“It’s winter!”

“Yes it is…”

“We’re working tomorrow..”

“Yes we are, and we will be back by 6 tomorrow, don’t worry, I’m the one who’s driving anyway…”

“Oppa…” she can listen to herself thinking how absurd all this.

“Chae… trust me, we’re going to have fun…”

“Oppaaaa~~~” she feels like crying.

“Oh come on, it’s gonna be fun!” he drag her and sit her at the passenger seat much to her reluctant and take place at the driver seat. In contrast with her, Jiyong shows enthusiasm.

All her anticipation of them spending Valentine starting with having breakfast together, watching movies, making their own chocolate, spending time at Namsan Tower creating memories at the top and end it with a romantic dinner vanish, all vanish into thin air.

“I haven’t packed any clothes~~~~~~” she starts to nag.

“Got it covered~”

“How???” she frowns.

“Your boyfriend is a fashion designer okay” she look at him and suddenly she gasped.

“Did you enter my apartment last night??!!!” she starts to slap his arm repeatedly.

“Ouch no! stop… It’s my gift~ to you, whole collection for the four seasons…”

“What?”

“Well, happy valentine’s day…” he winced at the pain.

“I…. hmmm…”

“Why?” he Chaerin’s hair, who is looking rather sad now.

“Hmmm, I only made you chocolates…” she said quietly.

“Wrong.. Your greatest gift is you …” he smile briefly at Chaerin.

Her sad expression changes slowly and starts holding Jiyong’s hand. They look at each other before Chaerin realized their situation.

“Can you even drive stick?” she looks at him with curiousity.

“I’m Kwon Jiyong, there’s nothing I can’t do…” he smirk.

“Have you even driven one before?” she continue looking at him suspiciously.

“Don’t underestimate your boyfriend, missy…” he starts the engine.

“Or in other word, you never drive one before…” she rolls her eyes.

“Yah… it’s Valentine, be more loving towards me” he shift gear to one and start driving.

“Oh boy” Chaerin buckle her seatbelt when the car jerks few times before it goes smoothly on the road.

“Not to worry, everything’s fine, just a little hiccup, I can get used to this” Jiyong said almost to ensure himself.

“You probably need to change the gear now…” Chaerin said when the engine screams.

“Yeah…. You trust me right?” Jiyong look at her nervously.

Chaerin look at him and her expression soften “Of course…” she smiles. He must’ve been working really hard to prepare all this to the extent of renting RV.

 

 

***************************************

 

 

Chaerin placed her phone far away from her ear and Jiyong is chuckling while her expression is full of regret, irritation, fear and annoyance put together.

“What the hell Lee Chaerin!!!!! I have to hear from Tabi about you and Jiyong??!!! You have some serious explanation to do!!!! Where the hell are you??!!! I’m at your front door!!”

“Yah… calm down… I’m not home… I’m with um… Jiyong~”

“PUT JIYONG ON THE PHONE!!”

Jiyong shakes his head vigorously. He can hear loud and clear Bom’s voice through the phone even without loud speaker.

“Ummm….”

“NOW.”

“Ahh yes…” Chaerin suddenly become submissive. She fear Bom more than Seunghyun and her father. She put her on speaker and Jiyong suddenly froze upon hearing her shriek.

“KWON JIYONG!!”

“Ahh.. noona~”

“Don’t you noona me! Where are you guys?”

“We’re on a trip…”

“Is it true? You and Chae are together now?” Bom sounds rather calm.

“Ahh, yes noona…”

“Are you serious with her?”

“Bommiee~” Chaerin interferes, it just inappropriate to ask him this question on a situation like this.

“If by serious you mean to not cheat on her like what happened in the past, you don’t have to worry… I never jumps into relationship hastily without thinking it through, if I only want to play with her, I wouldn’t waste my time chasing her, I am surrounded with many women all these years, if I’m not serious, don’t you think that I would make my way with all the models and actresses around me?” Jiyong reply calmly which sounded a bit provocative. There is silent from the other line and it’s no different from Chaerin herself. She was overwhelmed by his response just now.

“I trust you in this Jiyong… You do know that I love Chaerin so much I don’t want to see her ever tearing up for a boy again…”

“I know noona, but don’t you think it’s time for me to worry about her this time? Let me take care of her happiness and let me show her love that she deserves. It’s best if you focus on hyung and your relationship…”

“Did you just lecture me about my relationship?”

“Ahh! No! No! It came out wrong…. I uh…” Jiyong stumbles with his words.

“I was kidding… to be honest, I never been this happy for Chae.. I know you’re listening as well babe, you guys enjoy~ Actually, I was going to surprise my idiot boyfriend who leaves me on Valentine’s Day to Jeju…”

“Ahhh… oppa must be so happy!!!” Chaerin squeal.

“Have fun noona~”

“I will… but.. Don’t do any dirty stuff both of you.. I will know!” Bom sounded scary at the last part but it is a different vibe in the car. Both are blushing really hard even after they ended the conversation with Bom. They definitely know what that ‘dirty stuff’ meant.

“Ignore Bommie~ she’s crazy…” Chaerin let out an awkward laugh.

“Yeah…” Jiyong reply the same way and scratch his head.

“Ermm… how long will we arrive at that camp site?” Chaerin look out the window, they’ve been on the road for almost two hours. They left the hectic city of Seoul long ago and she feels refreshed just by looking at the scenery outside the window.

“We’re almost there Chae…” he smile.

Chaerin look around the compartment and starts searching for something inside her bag.

“What are you doing?” Jiyong turn to his girlfriend.

“I’m hungry~ don’t you have any food??” Chaerin pouts.

“It’s inside my backpack, but it’s at the back….”

“Ahhhh~~~~~ why did you keep it behindddddd~~~~”

“Wait… we’re going to arrive soon~~” he finds it cute when Chaerin acts like a kid.

“Ahhhhhhhhh~~~~ I’m going to dieeeeee sooooonnnnn~~~” she rest her head on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter