The Encounter

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaerin puts on her favourite Loubutin on today because she’s feeling lucky. After checking around once more, she grabs her Chanel bag and exits her apartment. Standing in front of her door she saw 4 men moving furniture and boxes into the apartment that have been vacant for almost a year in front of her. Upon seeing her, the men bow slightly and she bows back.

“Oh, miss.. We’re sorry to block your way” one of the worker move the boxes away from the hall way.

“No no, it’s fine. So, someone is moving in huh?”

“Yes ma’am, we’ve been here all weekends but we haven’t seen you. Oh, sorry for bugging you, you might be in a hurry”

“No, its okay….I was away~ that’s why I didn’t know” Chaerin smile

“Oh, then…have a nice day miss”

“You too~” she smile and make her way to the elevator down the hall.

Honestly, she couldn’t care less. There are other things she needs to complete today and it will be a hectic kind of day. Driving her silver BMW M6 Gran Coupe, she drives to her workplace.

With her designer shades on, Chaerin enter into the medium sized building, the clicking sounds of her heels was immediately recognized by her workers and they all started to get back to work, or at least pretend. They have a name for her. The Baddest Female. Oh, Chaerin knows, of course she knows, she even know there were rumours going around that when night comes, she will turn to her wild side as CL.

See, at work, Chaerin means business. She’s not the type of boss who likes to throw tantrum or that typical lady boss who love to discriminate and judgemental. No, the reason why people are so intimidated by her presence is the fact that she’s a perfectionist and when she said it will be done today, it has to be done by today, no more, no less.

Despite her young age, her experience and exposure is the same with people who have been in the industry for 10 years or maybe more. She’s just one of those people whom are born with natural talent as a leader and not only as a boss. But this does not mean she’s a stuck up at all, oh she can joke around and have fun as well, but you just have to know how to separate work and fun when you’re working under her.

“Jackie, tell Woobin and Yoona to come into my office in 5” Chaerin stops by her PA’s desk.

“Right away, boss”

Chaerin enter into her office and smile. Sometimes, everything still seems so surreal to her. Decorated with white, black and gold, her office falls far from the typical look. She settles down on her chair and turn on her laptop. A secret about Chaerin? She knows so little about the technology stuff such as social networking sites and the internet. She’s a master of Adobe and google, but that’s it. That’s why she doesn’t have facebook, twitter and so on. The only one she has is Instagram but that is also on her phone and that was set up by Minzy. Other than that? it’s way beyond her limits. She knows she and that is why she have a team of experts on tech purpose.

“Hey~ morning~” Wobin walks in followed by a smiling Yoona from behind.

“Morning~” Chaerin smiles and takes off her shades revealing her cat eye fill with eyeliner that accentuate her beauty even more.

“Oh, Yoona… first of all, congratulation on your wedding and sorry I didn’t attend, family thing” Chaerin smile and went to hug her.

“It’s okay… though I was hoping you could come so I can introduce you to your number one fan” she chuckles.

“God, we’ll talk about it some other time” Chaerin shakes her head and take out her planner. “Let’s go sit there” she points to a more comfortable section in her office that have an L shaped black leather couch and a single sofa with a coffee table in the middle.

After settling down, Chaerin turn into her work mode and crosses her legs.

“So, brief me please~”

“Okay, let me first, hold your excitement. Michel Gaubert.” Woobin smile and Chaerin widened her eyes.

“What do you mean? We seal the deal?” Chaerin cannot help but release her high-pitched voice.

“Yes! Out of all the photogs in Korea, he wants to use us. We are going to be the official photographer for Korean press releases for the new project he’s launching next month in States. Say I’m the best!”

“Damn it Woobin! You are definitely the best PR Manager anyone could have” Chaerin high-five him and grin widely.

“And….”

“And…this is when I come into the picture~” Yoona blinks her eyes and cut off Woobin’s words.

These two people are competitive towards each other and Chaerin just smile.

“My team and I have found out several top-notch projects. One is covering for the tourism board where our photo will be display on the big billboard and another one is the fashion house project. There will be fashion runaways events to be held and we need to get our hands on these projects fast.”

“Hmm… okay, I heard you Yoona, but all of this is still out of our grasp right? Obviously, we can’t handle three big projects at once, as tempting as it sounds, we are known for our quality and creativity, so I don’t want to jeopardize our image for the sake of gaining profits”

“I agree. We just have to let go one of the two big projects in Korea. Tourism or Fashion house.” Woobin look intensely at both of the ladies in front of him.

“We got to have a meeting with the entire senior photographer, the graphic team as well to have a look at their inputs” Chaerin said.

“Yeah but Chae, we have to move fast, because we’re not the only one who is interested at these projects” Yoonna voiced out.

“Yeah, I know. That’s why we will have a meeting after lunch. See you guys then”

“Alright”

With that, both of her employees walk out the room and she smile satisfy at how her day started and took a glance at her heels and smile, the day are starting off really well for her.

 

*************

 

“I’m telling you Ji, outsourcing is the best idea” Youngbae is in a meeting with Jiyong, Seungri and the rest of the head departments.

“Why would we outsource photographers? We have our own. Who else thinks that this would be a good idea?” Jiyong asked the people in front of him and almost everyone put up their hands.

“Okay, enlightened me.”

“Well, first of all sir, outsourcing will give us benefits in terms of wider connections. Well, there’s nothing wrong with our photographers, but by outsourcing, we can have free publicity and wider exposure. Medias who were not able to cover our event can get it from them”

“…and, may I add sir, these outsource companies are among the best there are in the industry, we’ve finalized 3 of the potential company and you can have the final say when you see their work”

“I just doesn’t want the same bull happen again. We all have gone through that rough time right? When the outsource company decided to cover our company’s conflict and issue rather than our event” Jiyong put on a stern face and everybody froze at their seat.

They still remember how ugly it was for them during that time and since then, they started doing everything in-house.

“Ji, don’t worry, I’ve come prepared. I added violation of rights in our contract so now we can sue them if they do something out of the norm” Seungri voice out right away and raised his eyebrow to Youngbae. They know this will work.

“Fine. Life is about taking risks anyway~” Jiyong nodded, finally.

“Yes!! Let’s adjourned this meeting” Youngbae smiles to the rest and Jiyong glance at him.

“Fine~” Jiyong replied coldly and with that the employees disappear quickly from their meeting room except for Seungri and Youngbae.

Jiyong’s PA move around to gather the files that was on the table and when he reaches Seungri she purposely bow seductively next to him showing her cleavage. Seungri was enjoying the show in front of him before Jiyong clear his throat and signal his secretary to leave them. She took a glance once more and sway her hips all the way out from the meeting room trailed by three pair of eyes.

“Damn~ you tapped that?” Youngbae ask and Seungri smugly grins and nod.

Jiyong immediately slapped the back of his head “She is one of the best PA I have and now I have to find her replacement because we know when you’re done with her, she’ll be too  damaged to return back here, damn it Seungri!”

“Sorry Ji, I’ll find you a new one~ she ‘volunteer’ herself to me okay”

“Aish! I’m replacing her with a man, or an old woman” Youngbae laugh watching his cousin in distress.

“You know that will not stop him Ji, he pounce everything that moves” Jiyong laugh together wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter