The Two Strangers

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another week passed by without Jiyong.

This means..

No dinner together..

No hanging out at each other’s place

 And definitely no y time, which stresses Chaerin a lot since each and every one of her girls are getting laid on a regular basis.

They have been so busy lately with work. Its been three weeks, 4 days, 6 hours, 31 minutes since she met Jiyong, but who’s counting? The last time they met was 2 days after the dinner at Lee’s resident. Work has taken a toll on them, Chaerin has to leave to Singapore for a week and immediately fly to China after that and when she’s finally in Korea, Jiyong has to leave to Japan for a meeting and now he’s in France, finding material for GDYB new collection.

“Urghhhhhhh~~~~~” Chaerin grunt.

“What now?” Teddy took a glance at her.

“Nothing” she release a big sigh.

“That grunt is not nothing… Is it Jiyong?”

“Urghhhhh~”

Teddy laughs watching Chaerin in distress.

“Don’t laugh” she voices out almost commandingly to him.

“Call him”

“Did, but time difference is a ”

“Text”

“Urghhhhh” of course she text him and she wants to every 5 seconds but she doesn’t want to look desperate, why can’t Teddy understand, the point here is, she misses him. His presence, his touch, his kisses.

“Damn.. I’m going to go now, your pms is freaking me out” Teddy chuckles while leaving her behind in the meeting room.

Chaerin mumbles quietly on her frustration and checks on her phone. Still no text from Jiyong. She sighs and quickly dials a number.

“Yah, dinner tonight at my place and before you say you’re busy, just know that I’m going to seriously put our friendship on line if you ditch me again for the umpteenth time tonight…”

“Chae babo!” Minzy rolls her eyes. She knows what’s up with her best friend.

Jiyong-deprived.

“Just say yes” Chaerin is being firm.

“Yes babo~ I’ll see you tonight… with Daesungie oppa” she holds her chuckles at her own joke.

“Bring him, I’m going to kill him in front of you…” she said monotonously.

“I was joking… jeezzzzz~ what about the two grandmas?”

“You call them..” Chaerin twirl in her seat and sigh. Being a once in a blue moon is unavoidable in her calendar.

“Fine.. Cook deliciously…”

“What do you want to eat?”

“You know I’m on diet..”

“Screw your diet tonight, because we’re getting drunk in my place…”

“Aigoo…”

“What aigoo? Oh! You still got that seaweed thingy from Japan?”

“Yeah…”

“Bring that too..”

“Fine…” Minzy stretch her legs ready for practice.

“Urghh, you have to go now?”

“I’m in practice…”

“Everybody is so busy~” she mumbles.

“Babe! Stop whining like a and go do stuff…” Minzy chuckles.

“Tsk. You better show up tonight…”

“I will… jeezzz, I have to go… see you later.. muahh!”

Minzy ends the conversation before she could reply. Chaerin sigh and finally leave the meeting room.

Missing Jiyong is driving her crazy.

 

 

 

****************************************

 

 

Seunghyun take a tour around the resort. Something he has not done in almost a month due to his injury. Although now, he only needs to visit once in two weeks, there’s a lot that has changed ever since.

Youngdon, being the second in charged if his father or him is not present at the resort is at his side, explaining the upcoming events and whatnot to Seunghyun together with few staffs following at their backs. After making their rounds, Seunghyun excused himself to take a walk on his own. His favourite thing to do is to enjoy and absorb the exquisite atmosphere around the resort on his own.

He starts walking at the beach and look for any shells laying for Chaerin. To think about it, Chaerin has yet to come to this resort after the opening ceremony ages ago, Seunghyun shakes his head and sigh. While planning time to take her there, he reaches out for a white shell half buried in the pearly white sand, but before he could reach it, Seunghyun stumbles and fell as someone bump into his back.

“Omo! Oh my god! I’m so sorry!”

Seunghyun turn around and saw a very attractive young lady in shocking pink Adidas sport bra and shorts bowing repeatedly at him before reaching out her hand. He shifted his gaze towards the shell that is now broke into pieces due to his fall just now. He sighs and takes her hand.

“Oh my god… are you okay?” she turn his palm upward and only then Seunghyun realized blood is dripping from his palm. Probably due to the cut he got from the shells.

“Yeah… I’m fine..” he pull his hand back, uncomfortable with all the skin ship from the stranger.

“No sir, that is not fine… come.” The stranger drag him and Seunghyun just follow the bold lady until they reach to a small pharmacist store that is not too far from where they are.

Seunghyun glances a few times at the lady while he is being attended by the pharmacist.

“All done, Mr. Lee…” the pharmacist smile and the lady exchange her looks between those two men. Everyone in Jeju knows who the Lees’ are. For that girl to be puzzled, she must be an outsider.

“Thank you..” he smiles and reaching out for his wallet in his pocket.

“Ah! No.. It’s on me…” it doesn’t take long before she realized that her purse is not with her. Seunghyun smirk and continue reaching out his pocket to pay the pharmacist.

After paying, they walk silently side by side.

“Sorry, I need to pay you in some way…” the girl voices out.

“Why?”

“Because it’s my fault you were injured…”

“It’s okay..”

Seunghyun walk further in front assuming their conversation has ended leaving her as a sign of parting ways. The walk to the resort is not that far, but since his hand is injured, he has no mood to continue taking a stroll leisurely by the beach.

“Excuse me, mister..”

Seunghyun turn to his right and see the girl with icy-cold expression is standing next to him.

“Oh, still here?”

“How can I make it up to you?”

Seunghyun frowns and wonder did she not hear him when he said it’s okay?

“Miss, I said it’s okay…”

“I don’t feel good… you’re here for a holiday, umm maybe… but I ruined your day…” she scratches her knee and rests her left hand on her waist.

“Actually I’m here for work… but you didn’t ruined my day, I have encountered much worse than this.. So, don’t feel bad..”

“Ahh~~ that explained why you suiting up while walking by the beach…” she chuckles.

“Yeah…” he chuckles.

“Can I at least send you back to your working place?”

This girl doesn’t know when to give up.

“With what?”

“Taxi, of course..”

“You don’t have money..” he continue to chuckle.

“Ahh, actually I have, but I left it at the resort…” she scratches her head to hide the embarrassment.

“You staying there?” he pointed at their resort.

“Yeah.. Taking time off from life…” she explains.

“What a coincidence, I’m working there…”

“Ahhhh~~~ then let’s take a taxi together, I’ll pay for the ride and will buy you dinner tonight.. How’s that sound?”

Seunghyun smile and ponder should she tell her? Suddenly, his phone rings.

“Ah… yes uncle… can you help pick me up near the pharmacy store? Umm, no nothing… was taking a walk…. Wasn’t that far just now… yeah, okay… I’ll wait… thank you very much…”

“I guess you won’t be taking the taxi?”

“I guess so…” he smile.

“So, you’re working there as a what? I’ve been staying for almost two weeks and I never saw you there…”

“Wow, that’s a long holiday… are you running away from something? Or someone?” he diverts the conversation and smile cheekily.

“Tsk… you’re changing the topic..” she proceed to occupy one of the bench at the sidewalk.

Seunghyun sit next to her and just smile.

“You can say that…” she crossed her legs and throws her gaze in front.

“You should face it…. Whatever it is…”

“It’s complicated…” her stares become deeper.

“What’s not complicated in life?”

His words manage to pull her back into reality. She turns to look at him and slowly flash a small smile.

“I think we can get along well…”

“Huh..?” he raised his eyebrow.

“I don’t have anyone here.. in Korea I mean, the only person I came back for is slowly slipping away from my grasp…”

“I guess, the person is a he?”

She smiles, bitterly.

“Whoever he is, he must be stupid.”

“He is not…” she chuckles. “Ey, hello~ we practically just met and you already know personal things about me..”

“Oh right…” they giggles.

“Not fair. Now you have to tell me, what is your position there?” she nod her head at the resort.

“I don’t think it matter…” he chuckles.

“Yahh~” she narrow her eyes, before he could respond, Youngdon arrived in front of them and both shifted their attention towards the black Audi.

Seunghyun stands up first and make his way to the car.

“Aren’t you coming?” he opens the door and gesture her to enter.

“So you’re a big shot over there huh?” she walk towards him and give him a smirk before entering.

Seunghyun close the door smiling before sitting in front.

“Good day ahjussi…” the girl greets Youngdon politely and he nods, smiling before glancing at Seunghyun, throwing a demanding gaze for explanation.

Seunghyun make a telepathic conversation to Youngdon ‘I will explain later’

‘You better not do anything that will raise hell from Bom’

‘Whattt?? It’s not like that uncle..’

‘Whatever happened to your hand?!!’ he widened his eyes at Seunghyun’s hand.

‘Later… I’ll explain laterrrrrr’

“Umm… is there something wrong?”

She broke out their ‘conversation’ and Seunghyun clears his throat.

“Ah, nothing… where to miss…” Youngdon tries to catch her name and only then Seunghyun realized, he didn’t know her name.

“The resort, she’s a guest there, right miss….”

“Ah yeah… it’s Sohee by the way…” she smiles.

“Oh okay then…” Youngdon took a last glance at Seunghyun, judging him before going to their destination.

 

 

 

***************************************

 

 

 

“Come in! Come in all you beautiful creatures…” Chaerin open up the door holdi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter