The Fallen Brother

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey, you look like you’ve waited long for me…. Sorrrryyyyyyyy” Chaerin grin and take place in front of Jay who is staring at her with disbelief.

“No, not really… since 1 actually, but it’s okay… I’m used to it…” he raised his eyebrow.

“I told you I’ll be a bit late…”

“A bit late is 1.15-ish or 1.30-ish…. Not 2.30-ish…. That’s late… like not a bit but ‘I will be super late’ kind of late..”

“Gosh, take a chill pill Mr. time keeper, lunch is on me… and sorry again, I was in a meeting and my phone is on silent..”

“That explain my ignored missed calls and texts…” he rolls his eyes. Of course he’s not mad, he is glad that Chaerin even agreed to have this lunch with him.

“Sorry? I’m already feeling guilty as it is…” Chaerin pouts.

“Fine, lunch is on you though…”

“I said that…” she smile.

Jay watch diligently as Chaerin places her order meticulously.

“You?” she points at him.

“I thought you ordered for me?” Jay looked puzzle.

“Oh no, that’s for me…” she replied nonchalantly and looks back at the menu to order a drink. Jay exchanges look with the male waiter and places his order.

“Can you finish all that?”

“Why? Can’t a girl eat that much?” she questioned him back.

“No, but it’s rare to encounter girls like you who eat a lot but looks like you…”

“Look like me?” she needs more explanation in that area.

“Yeah, I mean smokin hot…” he leans forward.

“Ahh… in case you haven’t noticed, there’s this thing called exercise, sir…”

“Right…” he look at her in amazement wondering where she even have the time to squeeze that in her tight schedule.

One by one their ordered arrive and Chaerin’s eyes sparkle and her excitement are shown when the foods arrive. Everything is monitored by Jay, her expression, the way her eyes are smiling and the highlight when the dessert arrives, he lost it. He can’t even describe his feelings when Chaerin is over her food sounding ual.

“You might want to keep your voice down a little…” Jay clears his throat and rubs his neck.

“Am I disturbing people?” she whisper and look around but no one is looking at their table.

‘More like, disturbing me’

“Yes”

“Oh…” Chaerin her spoon, she finished the last piece of chocolate cheesecake, alone. Little did she realized, Jay is troubled with the whole endeavour. Thank God, she finished eating.

“Hey, I’ll be going back to States this weekend…” she looks up to him, waiting for him to continue.

“Back to your loved ones…” she smile, she can’t wait for Jiyong to come home from Paris as well.

“Yeah… I’m liking Korea recently…” he said with such deep meaning.

“So, you’re saying, before this you dislike Korea?” she chuckles.

“No… don’t twist my words….” He bites his lower lip and start looking around before looking back at Chaerin.

“What I’m saying is, I’m starting to grow fonder of Korea….”

“Well, you can always visit…” she smiles.

“That’s the thing…. I can’t keep coming here without any valid reason… or I’ll be wasting money and time…”

“What so hard about it, find your reason then…” she sips on her drink.

“Would you be my reason?” he blurted out.

Chaerin chokes on her drink and quickly use the napkin to cover while coughing. Jay watched and would rub her back if it isn’t for the table that prevents him from doing so. Chaerin study his expression and let out an awkward laugh.

“Jay, you have to be careful with your jokes, it’s getting out of hand sometimes…” trying to brush off the awkward feeling inside of her.

“Who says I’m joking?” he’s calm.

“Jay…”

“Would you? Honestly, I’m drawn to you since the first time we met…”

“Jay…. Stop.. Look, I ummm… I have a boyfriend…” Chaerin mumbles quietly. She likes Jay but it’s impossible to look at him that way now that Jiyong is in her life.

There’s a silence at the table now. Chaerin doesn’t know what else to say and she just look down on the table.

“Why am I always a step behind….” Jay finally voiced out while laughing in frustration.

“We can be friends…” Chaerin proposed to him that ridiculous statement people always make after rejecting someone.

“Yeah, why not…” he is trying not to sound like a sore loser.

“Only if you’re up for it…” she slicks her hair to the back.

“Only if I’m up for it huh… Well, if I say I’m not going to give up just because you have a boyfriend?”

“Well then, I guess this is the end….” She sighs. Jay is a really good man and she doesn’t want to lose him as friend but even more than that, she also doesn’t want to risk her relationship with Jiyong.

They become silent again.

“I’ll settle with just friends…” Jay finally spoken and throw her a big smile.

“Really?” Chaerin sounds concern.

“Don’t give me that pitiful look, you make me feel like a loser..” he chuckles.

“Sorry, I don’t know how to deal with this..” Chaerin honesty makes Jay even more regretful then he already is. Her points just keep on piling up on him and he miscalculated the fact that this lady with the most perfect imperfection is involved in a relationship. How can he overlook that matter? Of course she’s in a relationship. Woman like her would be impossible to not be in one.

“It’s fine Chae… I’m okay, friends are good enough for me, don’t worry, I’ll keep my boundaries and …” he chuckles.

Chaerin look at the man in front of her, he have all the qualities you need for a boyfriend. He’s witty, caring and he got the looks. Most importantly he didn’t take advantage of you when you’re drunk as . He can easily take her to his place when she was drunk and passed out in his embrace for quite some time, but he didn’t. That’s integrity right there.

“I’m sure you’ll meet someone else that suits you…”

“Are we having the friendly talk already?” he chuckles.

“Shut up…” she smiles.

“I have stuff to do, shall we?” he can’t sit here anymore longer thinking that there’s no chance to take things further with her.

“Yeah sure” Chaerin calls out for the waiter and ready to pay.

“You seriously thought that I would make you pay?” he handed out his card and the waiter smile while taking it away.

“What are you doing? I’m buying…”

“We still have next time, friend…” Jay throws her a big smile.

“Okay, but next time I’m buying…” she warns him playfully and they walk out of the restaurant with conflicted feelings.

The walk to Chaerin’s car seems like a long walk for Jay. He has a feeling that this might be the last time he’ll be meeting with Chaerin.

“This is me…” Chaerin turn around to face him and wave her hand “See you around… have a safe flight” she smile and ready to enter her car. With one swift movement from Jay, Chaerin found herself in his embrace. It happened so fast that she doesn’t know how to react.

“Be happy always Chae.. I’m glad to have known you… I’m just a phone call away, and I’m always there if you need me..”

Jay releases her before Chaerin manage to put her arm on his back. She only manages to return a smile to him and enter her vehicle. Jay watch and wave happily at her until she exits the premise.

Leaving Korea has never been this hard for Jay.

 

 

 

**********************************

 

 

 

 

Chaerin drive towards the highly secured YG building to pick up Minzy. Fail to enter the premise, she parked outside the building and noticed the countless fangirls with their banners while taking selcas and cheering for the artists.

“Don’t they feel cold?” she voices out while dialing Minzy’s number.

“Yah, I can’t enter, come down now…” she ordered.

Few moments later, Minzy appeared and got into her car not after signing and taking pictures with some of the fans. She’s quite popular herself, being the main dancer for the hottest group, BigBang and 2NE1.

“Wow, babe...”

“I know”

“You little Dance Machine you….” Chaerin chuckles while teasing Minzy.

“I’m just a dancer, you should see how they reacted when they saw YG artists… you need earmuff to protect your ears..” Minzy buckle the seatbelt and Chaerin giggles while starting to drive away.

“So, where are we going?” Chaerin questioned as she doesn’t know where to go.

“We’re meeting up with Bommie to discuss about Ssantoki’s bachelorette party…”

“Where?”

“Her place… yah! Didn’t you read your text?” Minzy look at her annoyingly, she already wrote a long elaborated text to Chaerin about this meeting.

“Did you text me?”

“Gosh, Linnnneeeeeee~~”

“No notification..” Chaerin look at Minzy rather annoyed at her tone just now.

“Give me your phone…” Minzy grab Chaerin’s phone that is laying on the dashboard and starts clicking and scrolling.

“What’re you doing?”

“Babe, did you change the settings? You got like hundreds of unread texts here including from your Jiyong oppa… Want me to read it?” Minzy teases her after changing the setting of her Line.

“Yah! Don’t you dare…”

“Baby, I miss you, I want to feel you, I want to kiss you.... Oooohhhh~~~”

“Yah!! Gong Minzy! Stop! Or I’ll run us both to a tree~” Minzy chuckles and puts down her phone.

“I didn’t read your text” she continues to laugh adding to Chaerin’s annoyance.

“Urghh, I feel like dropping you on the side road..”

“Nah, you love too much to do that, hey, let’s grab something to eat, I’m 100% sure Bommie doesn’t prepare anything for us to eat…”

“Let’s grab chicken!!” Chaerin squeal in excitement.

“I’m dieting… urghhh~~”

“Punishment for you because of your annoying behaviour just now…”

“Yah!!”

“Serves you right honey…” Chaerin continue to chuckle and drive to a restaurant for a takeaway.

Both girls heads towards the restaurant while linking their arms together.

“How’s your meeting with Jay the other day?” Minzy asks after settling at one of the tables while waiting for their order to arrive.

“Nothing special… it’s just a regular lunch..” Chaerin avoid Minzy piercing eyes.

“Lee Chaerin, please..” Minzy scoff.

“Whatttt~”

“Spill..”

“Nothing"

"We're not playing mind games are we?" Minzy rolls her eyes

"I think he likes me..” Chaerin blurted out.

“I knew it..” Minzy fold her arms.

“Yah… What's with the cockiness, anyways, I told him I have a boyfriend.. so…”

“And you really think that will stop him from pursuing you?”

“Umm yeah, I told him we can be friends instead…”

“Seriously Chae?” Minzy look into Chaerin’s eyes. Sometimes, she just can’t understand how naive Chaerin can be.

“What~~?” Chaerin fixes her blonde hair not understanding the message.

“God… Chae, do you really think a guy and a girl can be just friends?”

“Why not?” Chaerin copy Minzy’s posture and folds her arms.

“It’s impossible in your case, because he have feelings for you…” Minzy lean forward and rest her elbow on the table placing her knuckle below her chin.

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying be careful, you have Jiyong now..”

Chaerin know where Minzy is heading to. Honestly, she doesn’t think that it is a big problem. If she thinks that Jay is stepping out of the line, she can always tell him off. She was about to say something when their order arrived. They leave the restaurant and did not talk about it again for the rest of the night.

 

 

 

************************************

 

 

 

Bom, Minzy and Chaerin are looking at the A4 paper in their hand fill with resentment. It’s about 10 rules and regulations they have to comply with if they want to do Dara’s bachelorette party which was given to Bom from Dara’s agency through Donny.

“What is this crap? No male stripper?? God, what? The agency think we are that wild to order stripper for Dara?” Minzy flipped.

“Well… actually, I did some scouting…” Bom is still looking at the paper. Minzy look at her and rolls her eyes.

“They basically rule out all the fun stuff, no alcohol?? No alcohollll?????? Comeeee onnn~~~” Chaerin frowns.

“Yeah, they should make it more specific, like, no alcohol for CHAERIN” Bom emphasize her name and earn a glare from Chaerin while she and Minzy laugh.

“Shut uppp~~~” Both girls laughter slowly fades away and they continue to read the paper.

“This is beyond ridiculous…” Minzy sigh.

“You think? Might as well not continue with this… The alcohol part and the stripper part are understandable, but the rest is plain absurd!” Bommie crumple the paper and lie down dejectedly on Minzy’s lap.

“No pictures, can’t do it in club, hotel, or places where people know of her, oh god, aren’t they paranoid.. No pictures??

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter