The Colliding Hearts

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Fingers intertwined, they stroll down the beach enjoying the ray of sunlight shining at them.

Seunghyun gaze at his woman. The sun is shining at her milky white skin, accentuating her beauty. Far more than usual.

Bom glance at Seunghyun and show him her sweet smile.

He went closer and positioned himself behind her, wrapping his wide arm around her small waist. Seunghyun kisses her cheeks before resting his head on her shoulder, both are mesmerized by the beauty of rays exude from the sun that is setting in its own motion.

 “I love you”

He whisper to her ear and kisses her shoulder lightly.

Bom smile sheepishly and his hair. She tightens his hold by wrapping her arms on top of his.

“I love you too baby”

They stay for a moment in that position. Silently while appreciating each other’s company until the sun is no longer visible to their sight. Soon after, lights around the resort resonate around the place creating a romantic vibe. Seunghyun releases her and takes off his jacket to lay it down on the sand. Bom watches him while taking off her platform to feel the sand underneath her feet.

Seunghyun does the same and gesture at Bom to help place their shoes at his side. Being the gentleman that he is, he let her sit on his jacket comfortably and move to sit next to Bom.

“Soon, Dara is going to be somebody’s wife”

All of them except for Chaerin, Jiyong and Seungri are at the resort, preparing for Dara’s wedding. Chaerin and Seungri is supposed to arrive soon and Jiyong?

Nobody knows.

Bom and Seunghyun decided that this is the best time they have to spend with their loved one, mainly, Chaerin.

The wedding is happening in three days.

Seunghyun turn his attention to the lady at his side and smile.

“When will you be?”

Bom turn abruptly at him and sway her scarf at him. He avoided and chuckles.

“Am I the one whom is supposed to answer that?”

“I’m ready. The question is, are you?

Bom gaze into his eyes and bite her lips before shifting her attention to the sea. She let go a heavy sigh and bring her knees closer to her chest.

“Hey… no pressure..”

Seunghyun bring her head to his shoulder and position himself comfortably to support her weight.

“I’m afraid…”

“Afraid? Why?”

Bom release herself from him and shifted to cross her legs over his and look attentively at Seunghyun. She studies the face that she misses day and night and began to caress his cheeks.

“Don’t leave me..”

Seunghyun smile fades away little by little. He could see the emotions conveyed clearly through her glazing eyes. Soon enough Bom sniffles and tilts her head to the back to prevent her eyes from getting watery.

Seunghyun looked down. Because he know where this is heading. He recalls the night at his little sister’s place.

A night that was surrounded with emotions.

Seunghyun couldn’t remember the last time he saw Chaerin in that state. He had forgotten how vulnerable she is as time passes by. Nobody is to blame but him. He felt as if he failed. As her one and only brother, he should’ve never put the responsibility to take care of Chaerin onto someone else.

That night, he listened attentively at everything Chaerin said. As much as it pained him watching her in that state, he didn’t shed any tears after asking for forgiveness. He saw how broken his sister is by holding all that emotions, feeding away her insecurities, leading her to be in a miserable state. She has been keeping all of it to herself.

He had forgotten how Chaerin is barely holding up due to her past and happy Chaerin has made him oblivious of things that could happen like this present situation.

“I won’t do something like that”

He fixed his gaze at her.

“I’m sorry if I ruin the moment”

Bom noticed the change in his mood and intertwined their fingers.

“I don’t think anyone would’ve see this coming”

Honestly, it’s hard to ever think that Jiyong have the audacity to derange people around him especially his sister.

These past few months have been the happiest they have ever seen both Jiyong and Chaerin. Even with Sohee’s presence, people around them are confident that Jiyong won’t ever leave Chaerin for her.

But of course, it’s not always rainbows and butterflies. All are wondering as to why Jiyong left without a single word spoken to Chaerin.

He didn’t even reply to any of her emails although Jiyong emailed his parents on a daily basis. Jiyong even have the time to discuss about work with Youngbae. What makes everyone frustrated and even Youngbae, is that, Jiyong asked about Chaerin through him. Everybody is thinking the same thing, Jiyong doesn’t even spare any time or make any effort to email her himself which makes Chaerin question her value towards him but everybody chose to be silent about it.

Watching Chaerin although she is laughing and smiling pains them even more because those close to her know what kind of pain she bears inside.

Youngbae have been telling Chaerin that Jiyong asks her to not worry and to stop doing all the things she did for him. This wrecks her.

When she asked when Jiyong would be coming back, she’s left with ‘I’m not sure’. Up until a week ago, Chaerin have been constantly sending him emails, not even once failed to manage his place, writing him notes loyally even though she was told the opposite.

To think that Jiyong have been missing for more than a month now is killing her inside, Seunghun knows. Seunghyun has been checking up on her more than ever since that night, and that night happened exactly one month ago.

What anger him the most is the fact that Chaerin is in denial with Jiyong’s nonchalant behaviour towards her. He is rising all kinds of assumptions with his action and the fact that she is actually neglected completely by him infuriated Seunghyun.

But Seunghyun knows that partly, he is one of the causes leading to this situation. Holding onto that guilt, he searches high and low for Jiyong together with Youngbae and Seungri but failed.

Where on earth is he? A question that never leave the mind of everyone.

“How’s Chae?”

“You know, still holding up, pretending she’s fine”

“I don’t know if I could if I’m at her situation..”

Bom mutters quietly gaining his attention.

“You don’t have to wonder, because I’m not going to let this happen to you.”

The speculation all of them have is that Jiyong has left with Sohee.

They eventually found out about the reason Sohee left years ago and everyone was dumbfounded after knowing it was due to her cancer.

Guilt crept in on each and everyone of them, not really sure how to react. The news left everyone in their circle of friends, speechless. Seungri reflects on how he treats her badly last time they met not knowing the pain she carries and Dara was crushed to pieces knowing about her state. Everyone who is affected was having a hard time dealing with it.

They are making assumption that Jiyong finally gets his closure and realized that he is still in love with Sohee all this while. Disappearing is the best option because he doesn’t know how to face Chaerin with the realization.

Everything started to make sense but nobody dare to say anything especially to Chaerin. They let Chaerin whom is still in denial with the high possibility of Jiyong and Sohee getting back together to keep on doing the routine she does in Jiyong’s absence.

Chaerin become isolated from the real world like before only the difference is now she’s not pushing people away. She let them in, she laugh and chill with them but not once talked about Jiyong or her state even to Seunghyun. To others who know her, this is more than enough.

There was one night when Minzy and Bom visited her and Bom burst into tears seeing Chaerin frail and feeble condition clearly caused by Jiyong’s disappearance. They hug each other and cried without saying anything. Chaerin then reassures both her bestfriend that she would stay healthy and promised to take care of herself.

Sure enough, this past week, Chaerin has shown signs of moving on. She asks to hang out anywhere else accept at her place. She becomes much more vibrant, she stop visiting his place and rarely sleeps at her apartment. The girls have been giving her support though they never really discuss thoroughly about Jiyong dissapearance.

However, Seunghyun knows his sister is struggling hard. Chaerin is fighting and he feel so helpless that he couldn’t do anything accept being at her side.

“I admire your sister’s will and strength. Even though she is troubled with all these mess, she still managed to throw a smile. Although it’s fake, but still….”

Seunghyun releases a weak smile.

“What should we do?”

Bom turn her head to Seunghyun who sounds conceded. Seeing him in this condition is hard for her. His face is filled with lost and confusion.

“Tabi…”

“Bom, I would be devastated if anything happens to Chae, because I was the reason why they’re like this”

Seunghyun had his eyes closed, the guilty feeling is still creeping inside. It’s clear to Bom that Seunghyun still carry the burden in him.

“Baby, you didn’t know at that time and…”

“And I meddled. I should’ve just stayed away and things wouldn’t have to be this complicated!”

He raised his tone a little bit and Bom took the turn to soothe him.

“Tabi, look at me.. Nobody wants this to happen. Fate chose you to meet Sohee and there must be a reason to that.”

Bom cupped his face.

“Yeah, to torn two people apart..”

“Baby no, maybe they need this. Jiyong needs his closure, if he were to know about this when it’s too late, it would probably make it worst between them.”

He gazed into her eyes.

“And he left..”

“We still doesn’t know why, baby… Don’t speculate..”

“All the more reason why he should’ve contacted my sister”

“Baby, everything is still so vague, we are not helping anyone if we are also being this way.”

Seunghyun is reluctant to give Jiyong the benefit of the doubt. Bom’s reaction surprised him actually, he didn’t think that she would be this optimist.

“Chaerin is showing signs of giving up…”

She continues to utter quietly. There’s hint of sadness in her voice.

“How do you feel about that?”

“My feelings is not on line here, it’s what she feel is important”

“Why do things like this have to happen to my baby sister? She has suffered so much before and I can’t forgive myself if things doesn’t recover”

Seunghyun knows his question has no positive answer to it and Bom let out a sigh.

“There must be lesson in all this… We have to believe that.. Because I don’t think God send her this much pain just to see her crumble and crushed to pieces”

Seunghyun fixed his gaze at her.

“Chaerin is one strong girl. Never underestimate her. God meant this to happen to Ji and Chae because they are able to carry this kind of test. It’s a lesson for all, it makes us grow stronger. It makes you present in her life more than before. The bond between you guys grow stronger and so is your love for her. Never put that aside, baby”

Slowly Seunghyun form a weak smile. Her words are uplifting. Bom is nodding to him showing assurance to her words and his smile grow bigger, proud at how his girl is showing all kinds of optimism. He needs it. He needs to know that his baby sister is going to be fine.

“Thanks for being at her side”

 He leans closer and so does Bom. Closing her eyes, she feels Seunghyun soft lips on her, kissing her gently while grasping her fingers, following how it moves on his cheeks and leads it around his neck. The gap between them becomes narrower when Seunghyun pull her closer by her waist as the kiss became more passionate. They ended moments later and smile to each other.

Seunghyun cannot describe how much he loves her as he let Bom places her head on his broad shoulder. They stayed in that position enjoying each other’s company.

“Even in open space you guys are all over each other, god, help me”

Both turn their head after hearing the familiar voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter