The Frustration

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s weekend.

Chaerin wakes up and checks her phone. It has been her routine to check her phone religiously since Jiyong left.

From:

My stay got extended for another week

“Urggghhhh!!!! ! You ruin my day!”

She throws the phone away and rolls abruptly to the side. Chaerin stare at her Rillakuma and throw a punch at the stuffed bear.

Another message came in.

From:

I miss you.

Chaerin immediately soften up and sigh.

“I miss you too, …”

 

 

 

****************************************************

 

 

 

After taking a bath, Chaerin joins her father for breakfast in the dining area together with Youngdon.

“Morning dad, uncle” she gave her father a back hug and Youngdon a wave.

Chaerin sat down next to Youngdon.

“Youngdon, is there a special event today”

Chaerin look at them continuously and begin to pour the milk and cereal that she took from the kitchen just now. She decided to go on a diet after following Bom on a food spree for 3 days straight. Bom’s way of soothing her feeling is fattening to people around her.

“Not that I know of, why is that hyung?”

“Oh, there must be.. Because Chaerinnie is up so early in the morning”

The two men begin to laugh while Chaerin rolls her eyes.

“Ha ha.. very funny” she took the first bite and immediately regrets of promising to herself to go on a diet and ignore all the delicious food in front of her right now.

“You need to go somewhere?” Youngdon asked her.

“Nowhere uncle..”

“Really? Why are you up so early?” Junghwan showing interest. She’s only up this early if she has something to do.

“Seriously you guys? Is it that shocking I woke up this early?”

“Yes” they replied.

“Urghhh” Chaerin pouts and continue to eat as if she’s enjoying the meal.

“You always woke up late during weekends”

“Not always dad…”

“Right~ everytime…”

“Dad! Urghh…”

Junghwan take it as a cue to stop teasing his daughter.

“When is Jiyong coming back?”

“I don’t know… and I don’t care…”

She pours herself the orange juice and sip. Junghwan and Youngdon exchange looks.

“Are you guys fighting?”

“No dad… he’s ignoring me.. he didn’t reply my text and my calls…”

“You sounded like his mom.. she’s complaining too”

Chaerin raised her eyebrow. So, Jiyong didn’t call his parents too? Now that’s worrying.

“But no worries I think… he’s busy working.. it’s normal for men to lose themselves doing work passionately.. you women have to understand…”

Chaerin sigh and pouts.

“So, when are you going to visit the resort? I don’t think you ever went there after the opening ceremony…” Junghwan remembered the talk he had with Seunghyun yesterday.

“I’m busy dad, you know that…” she began playing with her food.

“Yeah, but you should come and visit and learn a thing or two you know, after all, you’re going to be in charge of it someday…”

“Whyyyyyy??? Ask oppa…” Chaerin retorts,

‘Handling resort? So not me’ just the thought of it took half of her soul away.

“Seunghyun alone to handle my other businesses is not enough, we are getting old, and our time will come… who else is going to take over if not my two annoying children…” Junghwan convey the words in the most casual way while referring to Youngdon and himself.

“Dad… don’t use that card” Chaerin stop stirring the cereal and glance at her dad. Losing her dad? That took away her soul completely.

“What?” Junghwan say innocently. Watching the father daughter conversation becoming deep, Youngdon excused himself.

“Dad….”

“Everyone will leave this world… it’s a matter of time… whether you like it or not..”

“You know I hate talking about this stuff…”

Suddenly she lost her appetite and put down the spoon.

“Chae…”

Chaerin just stare at the bowl in front of her. Ignoring her father.

“Chaerinnie…”

Ignored.

Junghwan smile a little and moved to the seat next to Chaerin.

He rubs her head gently.

“Sorry for talking nonsense early in the morning…”

Chaerin’s eyes become watery and look at her father briefly before moving into his hug.

“Dad… just the feeling alone can make me depressed..”

“You understand that it will happen right?”

Junghwan knows it’s a taboo to talk about death with Chaerin but it’s good to speak of it once in a while to understand that death is a part of reality.

“Yes but still dad, please… I will deal with it when the time comes…”

Chaerin breaths heavily. Junghwan release her from the hug and sweep the tear off her face.

“You know, I’m not worried of leaving this world because I know both my children will be taken care of well by their partners. I’m happy with the person both of you with right now and I know, Jiyong will shower you with happiness and probably with 8 to 9 kids..”

”Aigoo dad!” Chaerin slapped Junghwan shoulder lightly and chuckle embarrassingly at her father’s last words.

“It was beautiful right before the last few words” she sniffs.

“What? I thought you like children?” Junghwan continue to .

“Aish, dad… stoppp~~~” Chaerin picks up her bowl and her dad’s and heads towards the kitchen to hide her face that is getting redder by the moment.

“So, have you guys….” Junghwan follow from behind and lean on the kitchen counter.

Chaerin drop the utensils and felt her face reaching 100 degrees.

“Omaigaaaddddd!!!! Dad!! How can you ask about that stuff???”

“What? I was about to ask have you guys decided when you going to hold your bachelorette party? What were you thinking??” Junghwan was crossing his arms and laugh at Chaerin clumsy behaviour.

“Daddd~ don’t you have like golf or something with uncle Junhee and Youngdon?”

“Oh, you mean with your father in law?”

“Dad!!”

Junghwan chuckle and finally leave Chaerin at peace in the kitchen.

She trail Junghwan until he disappear and continue washing the dishes. Her lips form a small smile before shaking her head to brush off the embarrassment.

 

 

 

 

***********************************************************

 

 

 

Bom is still contemplating on the text she received just now from Chaerin to hang out tonight. Chaerin accepted last minute gig out of frustration since Jiyong extended his stay another week.

She sighs and walked to her balcony, with a glass of wine. It’s never too early for a glass of wine. Wearing only a white shirt belongs to Seunghyun on top of her voluptuous body, she watches the busy street from level 24 of her condominium.

Bom is supposed to be at the airport now picking up Seunghyun but she’s in the midst of showing her protest. Just because she seems ok with things doesn’t mean she’s not affected with what Seunghyun did earlier this week. This is the first time since they become a couple that Bom shows her jealousy like this.

Maybe it’s because Seunghyun cancelled their date to spend the whole day together before he goes to Jeju because something came up and he needs to be there earlier. Or maybe, she just doesn’t like the fact that Seunghyun didn’t explain in details the girl he was having dinner with or maybe she’s a bit disturbed knowing that the dinner is not a businessy dinner.

“Aishh!!!” she squeals and stomp inside with her glass of wine.

Another ring from her Iphone, she took a glance and ignore. It was Seunghyun.

“Just rot!” she rolls her eyes and stand in front of her massive mirror she installed at her living room.

She look at herself wearing the oversized shirt and feel the emotion dwelling inside.

“Why are you acting like a … Yaa.. Seunghyun going to leave you if you act this way”

“So what?! He can leave for all I care.. he can never find someone like me, ever again”

“Yes.. yes.. act that way… he deserve better anyway, not some woman who act as a child anyway”

“Urghhhhhhh~~~~~ whatever~”

After having an argument with herself on the mirror she continues staring at herself but not for long.

*ding dong*

Bom frowns and look dazed, could it be her manager? She doesn’t have anything today. She strut herself lazily to the door and decided to open it. Maybe one of the few of her model friends decided to come visit.

“Already drinking?”

It was Seunghyun.

Bom look surprised and there is this tingling sensation building inside of her, happiness, that’s what it is. Looking at the man she supposedly be angry at present at her door now washes all those rage away but of course her ego stands in the way of expressing herself.

She immediately closes the door but Seunghyun block it and manage to get inside her condo. Bom shows irritation by going to the living room and sit on her couch with much arrogance by crossing her arms and legs.

Seunghyun raised his eyebrow and make his way towards Bom.

“Here” Seunghyun placed a bouquet of red roses on her lap. Bom glance briefly but still won’t budge from her position.

Seunghyun move closer to her. He removed the bouquet and placed it on the table.

He rubs her hair gently. Seunghyun know his girlfriend is on a silent treatment. Seeing how Bom doesn’t show any negative reaction, he placed a box of chocolate on her lap.

“I’m sorry~” he mumbles slowly.

Bom’s heart race. Seunghyun just know how to tackle her heart, she’s submerged completely but decided to push it to see how far Seunghyun can take it.

“Do you think all of these can melt my heart?” she finally turned to look at him. Big mistake. Her heart is about to explode.

“Bommie..” Seunghyun uses his husky voice to his advantage and her arm gently.

Bom swallow the big lump on and decided to move away from Seunghyun. She swears her mind and heart is having a war to see who’s going to win the battle. She stood up abruptly, but with Seunghyun swift reaction,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter