The Agreement

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oh~ Tablo oppa! It’s been a while….” Chaerin is talking on the phone.

“Chae…. How are you?”

“I’m fine oppa, eating dinner with dad now…”

Junghwan raised his eyebrow “Who is it?”

“Tablo oppa~” Chaerin mouthed to his father and he nods.

“Oh, am I disturbing you?”

“No no…. we’re finished, we’re waiting for desert actually…”

“Oh, Chae… um… I know you don’t do DJ-ing gig Sunday night…. but please listen first, my friend, he just opened his club months ago, but it’s lacking the wow factor…. So, I was thinking that this Sunday you could help, maybe?? Please…”

“Hmm…. Since you say please twice and plus, you’re my favourite cousin, sure…why not~” Chaerin chuckles.

Junghwan nudge at Chaerin once more and ask her “What he wants?”

“He wants me to DJ” she mouthed again and he nod.

“Really?!” Tablo exclaim on the other line.

“Yeahhhh anything for you oppa~”

“My friend going to be so stoked! We are going to spread the news okay?”

“Haha, okay oppa… but I’m warning you, it’s been a long time since I last spin~ I may not be that good… oh dad wants to speak to you~”

Chaerin pass the phone to her dad who is anxious to speak with his nephew.

“Hello…”

“Hello unc… I-I’m sorry to disturb you guys having dinner~”

“Why didn’t I see you in Jeju the other day?” he ignored him, catching him off guard with his question.

Chaerin chuckles listening to his father. He always do that to people. Flustering them.

“Ahhh…..”

“And now you ask my daughter to DJ for you~~”

“Ahhhh….. it’s ahhhhh……..”

“Promise you’ll visit soon okay? And take care of Chae….”

“Of course uncle! I will” Junghwan chuckles and pass the phone back to Chaerin.

“Oppa~~”

“Chae!! Why you didn’t warn me uncle wants to speak…”

“Hahaha, you nervous?”

“I don’t know what to say…. I’ll see you Sunday okay?”

“Okay…”

“Bye…”

“Bye oppa” chaerin chuckles and ends the conversation.

Chaerin devour the fried strawberry ice cream roll in front of her. They are at their favourite restaurant eating dinner together before heading home.

“Tabi should be here with us”

“Soon… he’ll be back soon~” he smile at her daughter. “Can’t you just quit on being a DJ?”

“Why?”

“I don’t like the feeling of knowing you will be in a club fill with men hovering over you”

“Oh gosh dad… we’ve been through this talk countless times~”

“Yeah, but as time goes by and you grew older, I just don’t like the idea anymore”

“Dad, if it makes you feel better, DJ-ing is not my priority anymore now…. Only when cases like this happen….” She smiles.

“Hmm…”

“Dad, why are you not eating your ice cream?”

“You want it? Eat it, I’m full seeing you eat”

“No, I’m on a diet~”

“Yeah, you just ate a plate of roasted chicken, the other half of my meal and now desert, what type of diet is that?” he teases her daughter.

“It’s called, say-no-to-wasting-food diet” she chuckles and grabs her dad’s plate.

“How’s work?”

“Ummmm everything is good~” she smile, she remember being at Jiyong’s office this evening and signing the contract. Jiyong wasn’t kidding when he told her about Seungri. He kept on showering her with his sweet talks but all she saw was he is trying too hard and it became obvious to her that he only wants to get in her pants which make her even more repulsed as time goes by. One thing that confused her was the stare from Jiyong though and how he never leave her even for a moment when Seungri was around. It’s as if he was trying to monitor her and protecting her from the wolf.

“We seal another deal~~~ and dad, you know…. I um seal the deal with… ummm.… Jiyong’s company”

“Jiyong? Uncle Kwon’s son?”

“Umm yeah”

Upon hearing that, Junghwan laugh heartily at her and Chaerin pouts. She knows what that laugh means, it’s a sign of mockery.

“Dad~~~~”

“What happen to ‘I don’t like him, he’s a jerk’ huh? Princess? What type of deal?”

“He’s still a jerk, but I can’t deny his work though… he’s good… do you know he’s a fashion designer? We became his only official photographer”

“As a matter of fact I do… we hang out twice”

“Since when do you guys hang out????” Chaerin frowns.

‘First it’s Seunghyun and now you dad? God…’

“Together with his dad, we exercise together~”

“What? Ahahahhaa….. Oh my gahd, that skinny jerk also does exercise? What kind of exercise? Pilates?” she lets out a big laugh.

“Chae….”

“Sorry dad… too funny” she closes

Junghwan shakes his head “I don’t understand…. what had happened between the two of you”

“Let’s just not talk about him okay….”

“How are you going to work with him if you hate him that much…”

“I didn’t say I hate him….”

“Well, that’s not what you said the other night….”

“Well, ok let me rephrase that, not hate but dislike…. I just don’t understand his behaviour sometimes…”

Junghwan just smile watching his daughter mumbling while eating her meal. He sometimes amazed by his daughter, how she’s very mature when talking about current issues and act like a kid at the same time.

“Okay dad~~~~~ finished! We can go now….” Chaerin look at her father cutely.

After paying, Chaerin link her arm around her dad’s and walk to their car giggling and teasing each other. Chaerin could give everything away just to have this moment with her loved ones but sometimes she secretly wishes that her mother is still here with them.

 

***************************

 

Chaerin rings the bell repeatedly purposely trying to annoy Jiyong, this is her second week and she wishes it will be her last.

“Can’t you press the bell like a normal person does?” he says after opening the door with a very annoyed face.

Chaerin secretly smile and quickly enters. She put her stuff properly on the kitchen counter and straight away heads to the store room.

“Excuse me miss, where do you think you’re going?”

“The store room” she said flatly.

“Are you not going to greet me properly?”

“Hi” she said flatly and move to the store room. Jiyong grit his teeth and look at his phone, his mom has been sending him a reminder about his date. Eyeing Chaerin’s every move, he doesn’t know how to say to her ‘hey, let’s go on a date…. Yeah, real smooth Jiyong, you might end up getting vacuum by her’

He contemplated and keep questioning himself whether he should ask her or not and before he realized it, she had finished her task. Today was very silent for both of them, Chaerin did her work diligently and cooks for him yet another meal that she experiment with the limited ingredients in his fridge. Another attempt that is not disappointing to him.

“I’m going sir~”

“Wait….”

“What?” she looked at him blankly.

“Did you give your  number to Seungri?” he was going around the bush.

“No.”

“Good..”

“Why?”

“Nothing… he’s too good for you anyway~”

“What? That manwhore?? Of course….. no wonder you’re friends with that type of person considering your attitude, it’s no surprise…”

“Yah!!”

“Is there anything else? By the way can I stop calling you sir?”

“Can I give your pictures then?” he smirked.

“…” she mumbles under her breath.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing sir….is there anything else?”

“Ummm…”

Chaerin is waiting while tapping her feet and folding her arms.

“Ummmm…. I ummm…” the wait is starting to burden her.

“What?!” she squeals trying to rush him.

“No-nothing~ see you tomorrow…”

“Whatever”

Chaerin exited and Jiyong start to feel uneasy.

From: MOM

My dear son, tomorrow is end of the week…. End of negotiation for you….

“Urghhhhhhhhh~~~~~~~” Jiyong brushes his hair roughly and throw his phone away.

 

********************************

 

Chaerin enter Jiyong’s apartment and sit on the couch crossing her arms over her chest. Jiyong lays on his couch while watching Inkigayo and glance over Chaerin who is sitting comfortably watching the show with him. After 10 minutes, she was still in her seat and Jiyong watch her enjoying the show and frown.

“Yah! Are you planning on sitting the whole day?”

“In case you hadn’t notice, SIR…. I cleaned everything yesterday~ I even hand washed your coat SIR… so there is nothing for me to do except to cook for you, SIR” she replied, while exaggerating on the Sir and focused back on the show.

Jiyong looked around, it’s true. His house is squeaking clean because she does her job very well. He bites his lips, thinking about something. Suddenly he switches off the television.

“Yah~ I was watching…. I want to know who won~”

Jiyong ignored her and look at her intensely.

“Let’s go on a date…” he said out loud.

Chaerin keep quiet because she thought she heard something crazy from Jiyong’s mouth.

“Yah~ did you hear what I say?”

“Are you talking to me?” Chaerin says sarcastically.

“No, to that chair” he rolls his eyes.

Chaerin frown and ignored him.

“I said… let’s go on a date~”

“You’re losing it sir…” Chaerin gather her stuff and ready to walk out of his apartment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter