The Boyfriend and The Girlfriend

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaerin wakes up that Thursday morning, as usual, practicing her Yoga while facing the sun that is rising ever so beautifully, shining right towards her, kissing her soft skin. Everything is normal. It’s the same routine she does every day, she wakes up, she does her Yoga, she make her coffee and she indulge in her soothing bubble bath. But, something is different. She’s humming while dancing her way to her wardrobe, picking up her outfit for the day, even putting on makeup, she is smiling from ear to ear.

Nothing special happened last night except that Jiyong asked her to be his girlfriend and yesterday marks the day as their first official day as a couple. February 10th. Chaerin giggles when she remembers how it goes last night. It was funny.

 

“Would you let me love you?”

Chaerin cringe when she heard him say those words “Oh my gahhhhddd~ can you be anymore cheesy??”

She laughs, a big laugh that makes Jiyong confused at first and slowly turns into irritation added with some embarrassment due to the fact that his confession was laughed at by Chaerin. Certainly not the reaction he was hoping for.

“Fine, you know what? I take back what I said” he turn away from her and sit on the couch. While Chaerin stopped laughing immediately.

“Chill, I was kidding” Chaerin follow him from behind, he looks kind of cute that way.

“What’s so funny? There I was spilling everything I feel about you and you laugh, you’re mean Lee Chaerin~” he said coldly and turn on the television.

This is actually, Chaerin’s problem. She has issue when someone confesses to her. She will get so nervous until she pass a point where she feels like she needs to make a joke just to lighten up the situation. When she was in high school, this poor boy whom she likes confess to her and she ended up running away after laughing at him. They never talked since. It was worst when Soohyuk confess to her, she was so nervous she ended up snorting while humming at the song that was playing in his car. They almost didn’t happen.

“Okay I’m sorry… I just… I don’t know, I was nervous” she said slowly while sitting beside him with her legs on the couch, hugging it and resting her chin on her knees, pouting.

“You’re nervous and you decided to laugh? You’re something…” Jiyong is holding himself from pulling her into his embrace. She looks so adorable like that but he have to restrain himself because he is punishing her for her respond just now.

“I’m sorry… can we… um continue where we left off?” she gives the classic puppy eyes to seek for his forgiveness.

“That dog look is not going to work…” he scoffs and he lied. Of course, he felt the urge to kiss her right there right now.

“Its puppy eyes look~” she snorts.

“Whatever and no… I already take back what i said just now…”

“You cannot just take back what you said” it’s Chaerin’s time to fluster and Jiyong is having fun seeing her that way.

“Well, I can… and I did… consider I didn’t say anything…”

“Yah… Kwon Jiyong~” she nudge his thigh with her feet when he switch on the television.

“Yah Lee Chaerin, weren’t you just getting out from here just now? Bye~ See you when I see you” he focused back on the show and know that the person beside him starts to get annoyed by him.

“Don’t you dare ignore me…” she grab the remote from his hand and turn off the television.

“Or else, what?” he challenge her and glance at her briefly before switching it back on.

“Or else..” she switch it off again and before he could react, she climbs on his lap. Chaerin doesn’t know what possessed her to do that and all she knows is, it’s too late to back down now.

Jiyong was startled by her bold move, leaving him speechless and dumbfounded. Chaerin was glaring into his eyes but her expression change as if she just realized she is on top of him. Their faces are just inches away from each other and Jiyong's startled expression slowly turn into a smirk when she saw Chaerin beginning to fluster.

Chaerin desperately wants to get off his lap, but Jiyong wrap his arm around her waist, trapping her.

“Yah, g-get your hands off” she tried to release his arms but her effort is in vain.

“Why? You ask for this…” he tightens his grip.

“It was a mistake, let me go” Chaerin is blushing really hard and Jiyong hide his smile.

“Was it a mistake?” he asked while Chaerin still not giving up to free herself.

“Yes…” she said quickly.

“I give you another chance to answer me correctly, was it a mistake?” he look into her eyes and Chaerin swallow the lump in . She bite her lips and slowly calm down in that position.

“No…” she mumbles quietly.

“What? I can’t hear you…” Jiyong lean closer to her and Chaerin look down immediately.

“No~” her voice become stiff but still not loud enough for Jiyong.

“Say again…?” Chaerin is irritated with Jiyong at this point

“I said no, no.. no.. no.. big fat no~~~~~~~~~”

Without warning, Jiyong plant a kiss on her lips. Chaerin eyes widened. She can’t believe that it is finally happening. Jiyong kiss her with his y lips and she can sense he is smirking while he’s at it. She cannot explain her feelings right now. Jiyong has been waiting for this moment to happen and honestly he is as nervous as Chaerin is but of course he wouldn’t want to chicken out. He’s done waiting and playing ‘hide and seek’ with Chaerin. It’s time to make his move, and just go for it.

“You taste like strawberries~” he mumbles on her lips. Chaerin chuckles and pressed her forehead with his.

“Shut up” she whispers and rests her head on his shoulder.  She can’t bear to look into his eyes anymore. Chaerin is afraid that her heart will explode.

Jiyong wrap his arm around her and feel the warmth from her body.

“So, Lee Chaerin… no more dancing around with rapper…” Chaerin gasp and quickly sit up and look at him.

“You saw?”

“It’s hard not to notice when you put on a show like that” he rolls his eyes.

“Oppa… it’s just a dance… he’s a friend”

“How did you guys know each other anyways?”

“New York~”

“Oh~ so is there anything else you want to tell me? Secret admirer maybe?” he’s being sarcastic.

“Nothing” she smack his chest playfully.

‘really?”

“Oh… there’s one”

“What?” Jiyong ask nervously.

“You’re mine now Kwon Jiyong~” she pinch his nose and continue resting her head on his shoulder.

“Now who’s the cheesy one?” he chuckles and caress her hair.

They talked, they laugh and they reminisce until Chaerin excuse herself to go back to her apartment as tomorrow is still working day. As much as Jiyong wants her to stay, he doesn’t want to be selfish so they end their night with Jiyong sending her off to her apartment.

 

Chaerin puts on her black ankle boots and step out of her apartment. As soon as she’s out, there is a lovely sight in front of her. Jiyong is leaning on his door and eyeing her from head to toe.

“Morning~” she said and walk pass him, giving him her smize.

“Morning…” Jiyong follows her lead and stand beside her, waiting for the elevator to arrive at their floor.

“You’re early…” she said without looking at him.

“Well, I had a good night sleep…”

“Sure you do…” she glances briefly and enters into the elevator.

Jiyong lean across of her and studies her.

“You look provocative~” Jiyong move closer to her.

“This winter outfit?” Chaerin feel he’s being ridiculous.

“Mmhmm” he snakes his arm around her waist.

“Behave…” she eye at the cctv and push him away slightly.

Jiyong chuckles and fold his arms. Moving back to his original position just now. They exchange playful glance few times before they arrived at the parking lot.

“Chae, ride with me~” he stand beside the passenger side.

“Oppa~ your office and mine are at the opposite direction” she ignores him and insert her belongings to the back of her car.

“So?”

“Save your money and time” she rolls her eyes before moving to the driver side. Jiyong move swiftly towards her and stops her.

“We’re going to be late oppa~” Chaerin place one hand on her waist.

“That attitude missy~” he pull her to him and whisper on her lips.

“Oppa~” she pushes him. This man is already making her adrenalin pumping early in the morning.

“Drive safe and take care, text me when you arrive at your place…” he releases her and glances at her briefly before entering his vehicle.

“Idiot~” she shakes her head and smile at him before entering her vehicle as well.

 

 

***************************************

 

 

Chaerin and Bom squeal when they saw Minzy hurried to them excitedly.

“Baby Mingkkiiii~~~!!!” Bom stood up and hug her tightly followed by Chaerin.

“Oh gahdddd!!! I missed you guys so much you have no idea…”

“A lot happened while you’re gone babe…” Chaerin’s tone changes after Minzy settles beside her.

“I know… Dara told me…”

“Dara told you?” Bom widened her eyes. “Oh, so she told you and kept us on the side….” She continues to sulk.

“Oh come on… you guys know how she is, right…?” Minzy try to reason with her friends.

“Yeah, but still… she should at least tell us before she leaves~” Bom sigh.

“Babe, let it go…” Chaerin smile when she sees Bom nods.

Lunch hour is almost over, and there’s no sign of Dara yet. By the time Bom’s dessert arrive at the table, Dara finally arrived in her usual disguise. Large sunnies and large hoodies.

“I’m sorry I’m late…” she sits next to Bom.

They become so quiet because they don’t know how to react to Dara.

“How are you holding up?” Bom finally breaks the silence.

“Actually, I took your advice and talk to Youngbae…” she slowly takes off her sunglasses and glance at her friends.

They waited patiently for her to continue.

“So, we’re back together…” she smiles.

“Oh Dara!!” Bom hug her tightly and shakes her.

“Omo omo… Bommie~~” she slap Bom’s arm that accidentally chokes her neck.

“Sorry~” Bom calms down.

“Babe~ we’re so happy… I knew you guys won’t break up because you guys are like Lily and Marshall…” Minzy clasp her hands.

“Who?” Chaerin frowns.

“How I met your mother?” Bom squints her eyes.

“What?” Chaerin become more clueless.

“Forget it….” Minzy sigh.

“Anyways, how and when did this happen?” Chaerin asks Dara who is smiling. Her bubbliness is back.

“Last night… I came and we talked…”

“Just talk?” Bom eye Dara suspiciously.

“Etcetera… etcetera…” Dara rolls her eyes making the rest laugh at her. Dara is blushing and she rubs her cheeks with her palms.

“Make up is the best~~~~” Bom winks and Chaerin shakes her head.

“No talk about Tabi or I’m going to barf…”

“Oh~! By the way, we’re organizing a dinner party Saturday night and I expect full attendance from everyone… Nope! No excuses~” Dara raised her index finger to indicates that she doesn’t want the rest to make excuses not to attend.

“Where?”

“I’ll text you the place… Youngbae wants to make it special he said…” Dara smile and play with the cutleries.

“Ooohhhh~~~~ I love it when you guys fight! You always he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter