The Clouded Mind

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom is looking at Chaerin and Minzy. Her boring eyes are burning holes at those two maknaes, pestering either one to stop Dara who have been repeating all the details for her wedding. They have been going around in a circle due to Dara’s paranoia is kicking in. Well, it’s understandable since the wedding is going to be held in less than a month and they still have not chosen their dresses yet because everyone were so busy and now they had to hear Dara yapping for hours about that  in this restaurant. Believe me, if only those crème brule able to speak, they’ll be crying their eyes out to not be involved in this conversation.

Everything is pretty much settled though.

The venue.

Chaerin was overwhelmed when Dara chose their resort as the place they’ll get married. Thanks to Dara, their resort will gain enough publicity for years to come. Dara already got in touch with Seunghyun and that’s settled.

The dress

It is going to be custom made by Vera Wang and she already flew to meet with Wang herself few weeks ago.

The event planner

She is doing a great job with the flow of the events.

Miscellaneous

All the other details had been done by all three of them such as the flowers, spa treatment, the after party which is organized of course by Bom herself, photographer for her wedding by Chaerin who already appointed 3 of her best most trusted photographers from her firm. There’s also a surprise from the three to perform a song for Dara during her special day. 80% of the planning is done. The thing that causing Dara’s panic attack are the sitting arrangement and again, the fact that their dresses have yet to be finalized.

“Sandara Park.. calm down please..” Chaerin finally blurted out.

“Calm?? Calm Chae? What is calm? Try getting married than you know how stressful this going to be! You’ve been MIA last week, you are going to Japan again in two days and you Bommie, you’re going to be so busy again for fashion week in two weeks and can only be back 4 days before my wedding… and bloody hell Mingkki, would you stop for a second obsessing over dancing and just come for fitting session?? Okay, hyperventilating here..” Dara slumps in her chair.

All three of them exchange looks.

“Okay, babe, stop… tomorrow. I’ll free my schedule and we’ll pick a dress by the end of the day…” Bom raised her brows to the maknaes which they both know what it means. She won’t take no for an answer.

Dara sit up straight from her chair and look at Minzy and Chaerin with those hopeful eyes.

“Okay, yeah sure….” Chaerin put a reassuring smile though deep down inside she’s thinking how she’s going to tell Teddy later that she won’t be able to attend the meeting with Vogue Korea.

All three of them turn to Minzy who have a troubled expression plastered on her face.

“Can I just like… go to one practice session with-“

“Seriously??” Dara starts showing her protest.

“Okay okay okayyyyyyyy~ jeezzzz… I would put my career on line just for you, you little human”

Chaerin chuckles.

“I love you guys so much, seriously you have no idea…”

“We know Dara….” Bom rolls her eyes.

“Now I can breathe…. Let’s cheers~~~”

All four of them raise their glass while continuing on chit chatting about girls stuff. Mostly about their partners.

Girls. They love ing out about their significant other, pretending to hate them on a regular basis just so that they can discuss about each other’s personal life.

The meeting is mostly about the wedding preparation and after confirming again to meet tomorrow, they went on their separate ways.

 

 

*****************************************

 

 

 

“Eh? Jay?”

Aunty Choi looked puzzle to witness that handsome visitor standing with his bright smile on the Lee’s residence front door.

“Hi aunty~”

He wave at the lady and waited to be invite inside the bungalow.

“Omo, neither the kids told me you are coming?”

“Oh, it’s because I didn’t tell them…”

“So you are here to…. What was it called again? that thing young kids always do nowadays…”

“Surprise?”

“Ahh yes, yes.. surprise”

Aunty Choi utters the word in English using her heavy Korean accent, making Jay chuckles.

“Come in silly boy”

Jay smile widely as he entered following closely to Aunty Choi. She disappears into the kitchen and Jay find himself comfortable on the couch while looking at one of the family photos that catches his attention. Judging from how little Seunghyun and Chaerin are, this might be taken around 15-20 years ago. He move closer and shamelessly takes out his phone to capture Chaerin’s picture.

“Ahhh, Chaerinnie just got her medal on the singing competition in her school, it was a happy day for her”

Jay was startled and quickly put his phone back in his pocket. Aunty Choi smile and put down a glass of refreshment on the coffee table.

“Thank you, you shouldn’t trouble yourself, if I can, may I know where she is?”

Jay politely sits down and sips the drink. He noticed that the lady is staring at him making him smile awkwardly.

“Are you…. interested in our Chaerinnie?”

Watching Jay completely off guard on her question, she knows there might be some truth in it. She knows people might think that it’s not her place to ask such question but she has been with the family for a long time and she love this family with all her heart. Why not? This is the only family she knows since she ran away from the orphanage long time ago. But that’s a different story.

“Umm…”

“Look here young man, I know a lot that have been going on inside this family and Chae… She’s very precious.”

“Ahh… yes of course..”

“I know that her heart can’t handle another heartbreak”

Jay bites his lips and nod quietly. ‘another’

“We are very protective when it comes down to her…”

“I understand”

Jay wonders whether Aunty Choi knows if Chaerin is already involved with Jiyong and if she did, did they have this talk too?

“So, before I tell you where Chaerin is, are you going to be that man who is going to give her a heartache?”

 

 

 

*****************************************

 

 

 

Chaerin parked her car at the side road looking straight at the graveyard. She needs strength. After that brief meeting she had with Sohee, she has been thinking a lot about the future and she’s restless of what to come. Chaerin make herself occupied with work and spend less time with Jiyong although he haven’t have that talk with Sohee. She can’t bear the feeling of knowing that she might lose him. Every moment spent with him that feeling would creep up.

She carries together a bouquet of white roses and walk towards her mom’s grave. The breeze that is blowing giving her chills, she quivers and pulls her coat to cover her petite figure.

“Mom…. Hi..”

Chaerin places the white roses while cleaning up dead leaves scattered on her mom’s grave probably brought by the breeze.

“Sorry I’ve been busy…. I know I haven’t visit you in the longest time… I just, I just need to talk to you today mom.. I miss you a lot..”

She choked and smiles painfully.

“Mom, I met someone”

Chaerin started the conversation and stare deeply on the bouquet of roses she brought with her.

“He is arrogant, think highly of himself and a pain in the … Opps, sorry mom, language I know.”

She chuckles and continues.

“You know mom? He can’t even cook well and he has this OCD where he needs to layout his wardrobe according to colors, types and brand? Right? Who would’ve thought that I would finally meet someone that has the same pet peeves as I do..”

She laughs heartily.

“But mom, I love him.. With all my heart… I never felt so much love like this from a man. I feel really special when I’m with him. He makes me feel complete. I feel like I can achieve anything when I’m with him. It’s a good thing right?”

She paused and smile as she remembers the times she had with Jiyong.

“But, that’s just what I’m afraid of mom, I am really used to his presence now that I don’t know if I could afford losing him. Even now as we speak, I am wondering if he already eaten, is he resting well enough and if he is thinking about me all the while…”

“I have become this clingy girlfriend that the girls and I always make fun of… and probably you too mom if you are here to witness this”

Chaerin chuckles but comes back to her worrying look.

“Mom, I don’t know what to do… Do I need to give all this up? I want him, and I don’t want him to go, but it’s just not right… So, I did what I have to do, make things right. That’s how I am right? Always wanting to fix things….”

Her eyes becoming watery.

“You would probably say something like, do what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter