The Bomb

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Ji?”

Chaerin enter his apartment and walk comfortably towards his bedroom.

“Are you in? It’s me.. Can I come in?”

She twists the doorknob after not getting a reply, thinking that he might still be in bed.

But the vision in front of her crashes her heart immediately. Yes, it’s Jiyong and yes, you guessed it right.

Sohee.

They are so absorbed in each other’s arm and not even bothered to the sound of the open door.

“What the is going on here?” Chaerin mouthed the words in fury.

She wants to leave the scene.

She wants to walk away.

But she can’t move.

She froze.

“Oh, Ji… haven’t you told her?”

Sohee chuckles while whimpering on Jiyong’s neck.

The scene playing in front of her disgust her so much but she can’t look away. She has lost control of her own body.

“Chae, your insecurities over Sohee is becoming a reality, you glad now?”

“Ji.. wh-what’s the meaning of all this?”

Jiyong continue getting busy with Sohee. Her question is left unanswered and she tried frantically to walk away but she couldn’t. There is a force that makes her watch how Jiyong kiss Sohee passionately.

“This isn’t happening! Why are you doing this to me?! NO!”

 

“Chae, baby.. wake up, what’s wrong?”

Chaerin open her eyes and panting frantically catching her breath. She saw Jiyong with a worried face holding her arm to calm her down.

Chaerin took a while to process that it was all a dream and she immediately curl back into foetal position on her bed.

She shakes her head in hope that the images would go away with it.

“Baby, you had a nightmare? Shh.. I’m here..”

Jiyong take her in his embrace and Chaerin submit to him. That warm welcoming feeling Jiyong has calms her almost immediately.

“Baby what’s wrong?”

“Do you love me?” Her watery eyes are piercing through Jiyong’s worried but calm gaze.

“You had a bad dream?” Jiyong tighten his embrace over her small frame.

“Answer me please…” Chaerin sounding almost begging, his brows puckered in a frown.

“Chae, I am one who is not easy to fall with just anybody. My presence here after what happened just now? Doesn’t it show how much I care about you? If this is not love then I don’t know what is..”

Jiyong caress her hair and let out a soft sigh. He then gazes into her eyes as an action to console Chaerin’s worried self.

“Trust me when I say I love you.. I am falling deeply in love with you, baby. Please don’t question or doubt my feelings to you. Tell me Chae, what is bothering you so much?”

Chaerin throw her gaze away and swallow the lump in . She bites her lips so hard not wanting any words to spill.

Seeing her reaction, Jiyong hugs her even tighter.

“I don’t know what is it you’re worrying about, but do know whatever it is, remember that tonight.. I am here with you. Even after seeing you home in a drunken state, with a guy that you know would enrage me. I ignored what happened and resolve with my own feelings. Baby, I’m holding you in my embrace, telling you how much I love you. Rest assure, I won’t ever leave you.”

Chaerin look at his gleaming eyes filled with hope.

“If there is one person that should be worried, it should be me but I’m not, because I know and sure that you love me just as much as I do”

He sealed it with a brief kiss on her lips which leads to Chaerin whimpering on his chest.

Right here.

Right now.

She realised how much she treasure Jiyong’s presence in her life.

And most importantly, how much she loves this man.. The man whom is holding her tightly as though Jiyong knows her fear of losing him to his past..

 Sohee.

 

 

 

***************************

 

 

 

“Dara, it’s been almost two weeks, can you just tell me what’s wrong with Chaerin?”

Jiyong stare at the petite figure in front of him for a moment before his eyes met with his cousin whom is seating next to his fiancé.

Dara clearly is avoiding their eyes and stirring her drink nervously. Being an actress does not mean she is capable of hiding her emotions in real life. They don’t call her drama queen for nothing.

“Dara..”

Jiyong is losing it and Youngbae took notice immediately.

“Babe, Jiyong is having a tough time here. Help this dude out…”

“I um…”

Dara bite her lips immediately. She sworn with their friendship to not tell anything to anyone after Minzy lay out every detail she know from Chaerin herself regarding her worrisome behaviour over the past few days.

Everything has been elevated with Chaerin.

Overly angry, overly sensitive, overly happy and most importantly she is over thinking things and obviously her friends are curious of her state.

Chaerin have avoided talking about this “petty things” to Dara and Bom as quoted by Minzy due to their own state with Dara busy preparing for her marriage and Bom dealing with her own rollercoaster emotions with his brother.

At Minzy’s place.

“She is having issues with the sudden existence with Ji’s past, Sohee”

Bom and Dara take turns to look into each other’s eyes and finally fixed their gaze at Minzy.

“Why though?” Bom being the eldest and closest to Chaerin felt lost when she herself doesn’t think that Sohee’s presence is bothering her.

“Well, she was Ji’s one and only true love….”

Both Minzy and Bom stare at the actress so hard making Dara rephrased her sentence.

“I said was… means, it’s irrelevant.. like, for now… obviously it’s our Pudong..”

Dara clear and lay down nervously on Minzy’s bed, avoiding Bom’s stare.

“Yes, and it’s better be. Because, I would not hesitate to hurt Ji if he ed up..”

“Relax, I don’t think it’s Ji whom is causing problem… I think it’s Chae herself..”

Minzy release a long sigh and lay down on the bed, making L shaped with Dara. Dara bend her knees slightly so that her feet would be away from Minzy’s head.

“Did she tell you?”

Dara lay on her side so she has a clear view of the girls and Minzy mirrors her form. Bom took a pillow and puts it behind her back while resting on Minzy’s bed post, straightening her legs.

“She only tells me that much, she’s bothered by Sohee’s presence and that she’s afraid of losing Jiyong”

“Why?”

Bom lifted her eyebrow and look at the girls who exude the same curiosity as her.

“Only God knows why…”

Minzy lie on her back and stare at the ceiling.

 

“Babe…”

“Hmmm?”

Dara clearly has gone for a second there and Jiyong studies her nervous being.

“Dara, please just tell me.. It’s so hard to meet her even if we live like literally a few steps away from each other.”

Jiyong recalls how it went after that night. Not that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter