The Beautiful Hangover

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaerin wakes up with the worst hangover ever. She groans and presses her head. Looking down, she’s still in her leather shorts and sleeveless top. Feeling dirty and sticky she walks groggily towards her bathroom and start prepping her bath tub.

“Wake up!!!!” Seunghyun enters and Chaerin who is waiting half asleep for the bath tub to fill, startled over his loud voice.

“I’m in the bathroom~ go away!!!”

“How are you feeling??” he leans on her closed bathroom door and laugh.

“Death~” she rolls her eyes.

“Who told you to drink that much last night? Hurry up, dad is waiting for you… for LUNCH!” he accentuate lunch as an indication to how long she passed out.

“Whaa? Wha yime ish it ayway?? Yah! Why shin you wahk me yuhp?!” she yell while brushing her teeth.

“I can’t understand what you said just now~” Seunghyun frowns.

“I said…. What time is it??? Why didn’t you wake me up just now?”

“I did! Several times! I thought you’re dead, you’re not moving at all…”

“Urghhh…. You’re annoying… Go away~”

“It’s almost 1 by the way my LADY” he chuckles and leave Chaerin to her peace.

‘My lady? Damn it’ totally blank about what happened last night. She’s sure Seunghyun will have an addition to her shameful moments.

Chaerin enjoys her bubble bath just now, feeling a little bit fresh, she puts on something comfortable, shorts and sleeveless. She flip her wet hair and start drying them, then she noticed her hand phone blinking repeatedly inviting her over. She completely forgotten about her phone yesterday, she remembers charging it before she fell asleep yesterday afternoon and it had been there since, untouched.

Just how much had she missed. She unlocks her phone and straight away checks the ‘missed calls’.

7 missed calls, 4 from Bom, 1 from unknown number and 2 from Dara. ‘okay, not much is missed’

She then checks her messages 11 messages. ‘Okay, wow..’

From: Dara

9.25pm: Youngbae is out for men’s night out with his ert friend! Urghhh! I’m going to kill that Seungri…

10.00pm: I’m planning to go all CSI on him, I’m bringing Mingkki… we’ll see you later? K Bar…

10.34pm: Plan aborted since you’re not responding, I assume you’re busy and Mingkki is bringing me somewhere else to cool off, she’s nagging me right now… saying I’m being obsessive and all… I’m not! I’m not!!! >.<

Chaerin sigh and groan.

To: Dara

1.31pm: I’m at dad’s… forgot my phone.. I hope you didn’t do anything stupid last night -_-“

She scrolls down to the next one.

From: Bommie

10.32pm: You’re fetching me tomorrow right?

11.48pm: Don’t you ignore me…. You promised…

3.03am: Yah! You better be there when I arrived! I just got back from a function, I have a lot to tell you…. so you better be there to pick me up, or I’m going to leave this present from Ambush..

‘I’m so dead..’ Chaerin start typing her reply to Bom.

To: Bommie

1.33pm: Babe I’m sorry, yeah I’ll be there tonight… don’t worry, I forgot to bring my phone, left it at home… I’m at dad’s… will explain later, xoxo~~

Chaerin remembers last night Seunghyun wants to surprise Bom and smile. His brother can be so cheesy sometime. She then moves to the rest of her texts and bite her lips seeing the bold name on her phone screen. She blinks few times to confirm the sender of the texts. .

From:

3.03pm: Hey.. Have you cool down yet?

7.22pm: Stop hiding in your home and come out to face me! Yell at me if you want to!

Chaerin frowns. Then she realized, he must’ve been to her apartment. But why?

9.01pm: I can see your car still at the parking lot, you’re home right? Stop hiding..

9.10pm: I’m scratching your car…

Chaerin rolls her eyes.

1.02am: I know I crossed the line.. I shouldn’t say those things to you this morning… I’m sorry, I really do..

Chaerin swallow the lump on at his last text. Those words are enough to make her forget everything happened between them. She tried to picture that arrogant Kwon Jiyong saying those words. Knowing him, it takes a lot for him to even say he’s sorry.

‘Should I go there later? We’re neighbours anyways, it would be awkward if I were to go there and not talk to him…’. Deep down it’s not even about the contract anymore. After he showed her his different side, Chaerin is beginning to view him differently as a person but she still have her guard up and will not put it down until she’s sure.

Chaerin sigh.

“Yah!! Come down!” Seunghyun open her door abruptly giving her stern look.

Chaerin snaps back into reality and almost drop her phone to the floor “Aishh oppa!”

“What were you doing?” still at her door leaning with his arms crossed.

“Replying to your girl, you better be there tonight~ she thought I’ll be picking her up…” Chaerin walk towards her brother leaving her phone on her bed, she’ll think about it later.

“No worries, I have it all planned out, you should worry about your own problem..” he put his arm around her shoulder and lead them down.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“What?” Seunghyun pretend to not know anything.

“Hmm…” she squints her eyes.

“Dad is waiting…. Prepare your speech why you woke up late this morning” ignoring her stare.

“Like you haven’t told dad I was drunk right?” she knows Seunghyun would already explain why she’s late and punch his shoulder.

“Yup and you’re screwed!” he leave her on the stairs and quickly move to the dining area.

“Yah!!”

 

************************************

 

Jiyong is staring intensely at the clock, it’s almost 4. His nerves are killing him right now. Nothing seems to feel right at all, even sitting down feels like it away his life bit by bit. He stood up, walk to the refrigerator and pour himself a glass of water, he walk back to the couch and groan. He forgot the water. He found his way back to the kitchen counter and grabs the glass.

“Aish!! What’s wrong with me!” he scratches his head and lay down on the couch.

4.30pm. ‘Hmm..’ he stare at his phone. Chaerin was never late before this and he starts thinking that maybe she’s not coming ever again.

5.12pm and Jiyong is in front of the television watching discovery channel. A lioness is hunting down a zebra and Jiyong stare blankly uninterested while glancing at the door few times. He changes the channel every 5 seconds. Nothing seems to catch his attention.

6.00pm Jiyong is brushing off some stain on the bathroom sink while wiping his sweat. He already vacuums the whole place before that. Suddenly he stopped and lifts his head up in the air. Squinting his eyes and listening carefully to something. He rushes off to open his door after confirming it’s the sound of doorbell ringing. But nothing. He look around the corridor only to discover that it’s empty. ‘I must be crazy. Damn it!’

By 7.00pm Jiyong is cooking his ramen trying to imitate Chaerin’s recipe and fail miserably. “Damn you Lee Chaerin!!” he blurted out his frustration at the ramen. Letting out a big sigh he bring the finished product in front of the television and swallow it forcefully. Feeling frustrated, he put down the chopstick and grab his phone. He search for her number and start dialling.

Chaerin is at the living room munching on fruit salad while watching her favourite show, Running Man with aunty Choi. She is slapping her thigh while laughing out loud. Seunghyun is out to fetch Bom and his dad is out with uncle Youngdon to meet with their shareholder from Japan. Chaerin was still laughing when she reached for her phone that is ringing on the coffee table but her laugh died down when she realized the person who is calling her. She exited to their backyard and swallows the lump on , contemplating whether to pick it up or not. She pushes the green button and slowly brings the phone to her ear.

“Hello?”

Silent.

“Hello? Chaerin? Are you there?”

“Mmm.. Yes… What is it Soohyuk oppa?”

“Oh…. Umm.. I’m just calling to check up on you…”

“Oh….” Chaerin feel awkward

“How are you?” Soohyuk felt the same way as Chaerin is right now.

“I’m fine… you?”.

“Same…” he chuckles but Chaerin knows that he is nervous. That is his nervous laugh. “Are you busy?”

“Umm… no.. Not really… Why?”

“Oh… I was thinking… if you’re free right now, would you like to meet up?”

Chaerin went silent again. She remembers clearly how Bom and Seunghyun reacted when they know he contacted her. She doesn’t know what to say to him. She questioned herself, is it necessary for her to meet him? What for? While she is having a debate with herself, Soohyuk jumps in.

“I promise no hanky panky.. I just want to meet you, that’s it, I will not say anything about what I said the other day..”

“Hmm… I don’t know oppa…”

“Please?” Soohyuk’s voice is soothing to her ear

“Umm…”

“We’ll go eat that favourite strawberry waffle of yours~” he said cheerfully.

Chaerin smile. ‘urghh it’ “Okay~”

“Yes!!!” Chaerin can’t help but throw a small laughter over his excitement.

“But… you have to pick me up…”

“No problem~~~ I’ll be down at your apartment in 20minutes…”

“Oh…not there oppa, I’m at dad’s”

“Dad? Okay…” Soohyuk smile, he used to call him that when they were together.

Chaerin slam her palm on her forehead and bite her lips “Sorry, old habit… Lee’s residents…” she corrected.

Soohyuk feel a slight pinch of his heart telling him to come back to reality “Okay… in that case, I’ll be there in 10minutes, is it okay?”

“Umm… make it 15?”

“Okay.. I’ll see you…”

“Drive safe oppa…”

“Will do…” he ends the conversation and smile widely to his ear.

 

*****************************

 

Bom is waiting for Chaerin’s car to arrive for the last 30minutes and it’s beginning to get on her nerve. She already gave the green light to her manager to go home because she was sure Chaerin would show up. She’s been calling her since but she didn’t pick up. Seunghyun is watching her every move in amusement. He has given his direction clearly to Chaerin to ignore any calls from Bom.

At this rate, Bom is beyond angry, she’s furious. She is stomping her feet and keep glancing at her phone and her watch. Seunghyun giggles and get off from his car with a bag of candies and chocolate. He knows what could make his girl happy in a blink of an eye. Food. He slowly crept from behind and wraps her waist.

“Bommie” he whispers to her ear.

Bom was ready to implement the defence move she learn together with Minzy the other day at the defence class 101 when she feels someone holding her waist. But she stops when she heard that deep y voice whispering into her ears. She turns around and discovers her gorgeous boyfriend is gazing deeply into her eyes while holding a bag of candies. Her frown turns into a wide grin.

“Chocolate!!!” she grabs the bag and starts rummaging the insides.

“Right… greet the candies first~” Seunghyun drop his arm to the side after opening it like an idiot thinking that Bom would jump directly to his arm.

“Yah! Why are you late???” she slaps his arm and start looking around “Where’s Chae?”

Seunghyun stare at her. Definitely not the reaction he was hoping for. “I can’t believe you… are you not happy to see me?”

“Of course I do~~~~ Are you here to surprise me?” she asked casually. He can’t accept her reaction. Seunghyun is sulking. He grabs her trolley and start walking towards his car.

Seunghyun feel a little bit embarrassed by her reaction over his surprise.  He had this expectation where she would jump into his arms and shower him with kisses and ended up in her bed, the end. Happy ending for him. But of course, this is reality after all.

Bom followed Seunghyun from behind and smile. Of course she’s happy, more than happy. She’s ecstatic. But how could he? If she knows he’s the one who is going to pick her up, she would wear better outfit, better shoes, put on some make up, style her hair and spray her special perfume that give her the confident that she need. But instead, she is wearing a baby t, with her short ripped jeans, no make-up, hair is pull up in a bun wearing only body mist. Definitely not her best appearance.

She watched as Seunghyun places her bag in the back of his black Hummer and closes it roughly. Bom smile and shakes her head. Before he reached to the driver side, she pulls him and pushes him to the side of his car. Seunghyun sigh and stare at her girlfriend, a little bit taken aback by her sudden bold moves. Bom then lean closer to him gently, pressing her weight onto him and move to stand in between of his legs. Seunghyun adjusted to give her some space and smirk. She’s giving him a seductive gaze and presses onto his core even more making Seunghyun let out a small groan. How can he resist this? He places his hands on her waist and she smile. With one hand placed on his chest, Bom uses the other one to trail her index finger from his hair all the way down to his lips before crashing her lips onto his.

Seunghyun smirk and pull her to him closing any more possible gap between them, devouring her plump red lips. A little bit of nipping, biting and is happening between them. Bom search for his fingers and intertwine with it while the other one is leading his other hand down to her hip. Seunghyun pull her hip closer to his and Bom moan inviting his tongue to play with hers. They are showing dominance and Bom just have to let Seunghyun win because the intensity is so overwhelming that she’s afraid they will be lost in their own world and get it on right here right now.

“Get a room!!!” they heard when a car passes them by and someone yelling from inside the moving vehicle. Seunghyun giggle releasing her lips. They pressed their forehead together and starts chuckling. What happened just now was prove to how much they want each other so bad.

“Happy that you are the one who came~” Bom whisper looking at his lips.

“Really? I can’t tell~” he smile playfully and throw his piercing gaze to her and she surrender. Women could die over his gaze and she rests her head on his shoulder while chuckling.

Seunghyun kisses her forehead “Let’s go before someone reports us~” he joked and Bom just nod.

“Where to?” seunghyun asks when they enter his vehicle.

“Eat? I’m hungry”

“Unbelievable” Seunghyun mumbles at his girlfriend’s behaviour how she can change in a split second from being seductive to adorable.

“What?? It’s true… I am” Bom pouts.

“Fine, whatever you say you alien…” Seunghyun start driving to their destination and grab her hand to put it on his lap. They exchan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter