The Confrontation

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Right?”

Chaerin is immersed with her phone. Seunghyun glare at his sister.

“Who are you texting with?” although it is quite clear she is texting with Jiyong due to that silly smile on her face, his intention is to bring her back to earth. Chaerin has been glued to her phone for the past 15 minutes.

“Why don’t you eat with your phone next time and don’t even bother calling me for lunch?” finally Chaerin lift her head from her phone and showing guilty expression.

“Sorry oppa… it’s work..”

“Work” he lift his hand to gesture the quote-unquote to Chaerin.

“Oh come on… you’ve been in that phase~” she rolls her eyes and start sipping her mushroom soup.

“Yeah, 5000 years ago, when I was a teenager..”

Chaerin glare at him.

“You look like those high school girls over there..” he pointed out at a group of girls in uniform not even bother to talk with each other but are giggling while looking at their phones.

“Yaa.. I’m nothing like that…” they look at them taking selfies together all smiles and back to ignoring each other. Seriously, what is wrong with people?

“Wow… I bet they are posting it on instagram…”

“With caption ‘Having lunch with friends~~ girls run the world!! We are having so much fun!! Wooooo!!’”

Chaerin continues Seunghyun statement while their eyes still stuck on them.

“Yeah.. And don’t forget.. The hashtag spree…” Seunghyun said.

“#wefie #allgirlsbeautifulgirls”

“#whorunstheworld #girls”

#youcantsitwithus #hatersgonnahate”

“#wearetalkingtoeachother #bffforever”

“#weeatokaybut #saladonly #ondiet”

“#skinnyisthenewfit #thighgap”

“#squats #myanacondawantnoneunlessyougotbunshun”

There is a pause before they look at each other bursting into laughter garnering attention from other customers including the high school girls.

“What the hell was my-anaconda-want-bun” Seunghyun eyes his sister who was still laughing with her husky voice.

“That was Minaj’s new song…” Chaerin look at Seunghyun as if he just asks the most absurd question in the world.

“Whatever…”

“We are bad people” Chaerin shakes her head chuckling, still not over the whole thing.

“You started it…” Seunghyun tease his glowing sister.

“What??? Me? You..” she pointed at him.

Seunghyun raised his shoulders not denying anything.

“So… where were you these past few days? Glued next to Ji huh?” Seunghyun raised his eyebrow.

“Whattt… no! It was only during the weekend, I was busy these past few days shooting snobby models for high fashion mag okay~!” Chaerin being over defensive. That’s because it’s true.

“How was it?”

“I got major headache after that shoot and plus the new intern I told you about messed up few of the still-cuts. I feel like eating him that day… urghhh”

“Wow….”

“Uh-huh… by the way, how’s Jeju?”

“Oh, I met this girl that reminds me a lot of you….”

Chaerin gives him a judgy stares “The one that Bom got so mad right? What’s up with that? You are the least person in the world that would most likely go to a dinner with stranger… don’t tell me….” she gasped.

Seunghyun knocked her head gently.

“If you girls can stop with your dramatic assumption, it would be great….”

“Fine, then what was it about? Did you clarify the issue with Bom?”

“You know Bom, she doesn’t care about the whole detail, and she only wants to know the level of insignificancy of that person…”

Chaerin broke into laughter.

“Got me curious though…. What’s her story?”

“Lunch break almost over for you… tell you later..”

“Urghh, come on… Jackie can cover for me…”

Seunghyun shakes his head.

“You are such a gossip girl…”

“Shut up!”

Seunghyun starts telling Chaerin about the whole ordeal that happened at the beach where Sohee bumped into Seunghyun causing a cut on his hand and walk few miles to the nearest pharmacist to get it cleaned up.

“Give me your hand” she gasped.

“It’s all good now Chae…” he rolls his eyes when Chaerin grab his hand.

“Tsk, I thought it was deep…”

“Yaa… what? You’ll be happier if I lose a finger?”

Chaerin chuckles and sip her drink.

“I bet she just want to hit on you… I mean who the hell bumped a person on a beach, like… isn’t the place is huge… you have many spaces to run…”

“Nahhh, she’s in love with someone else…”

“Of course” Chaerin scoff.

“She told me about her pathetic love life after dinner…” Seunghyun try to reassure her.

“Tabi! That’s basic moves 101… you bumped a person, bring him to dinner for feeling guilty and drown him with your sad sad story and boom! Impact…. She becomes an impact in your life…”

“What..” Seunghyun frowns. “You have one messed up mind…”

Chaerin snorts, not offended at all by his remarks.

“She just made that up…”

“I don’t think a person would made up story she had cancer and had to leave town because she’s afraid of becoming the reason for holding back her ex’s dream….”

 Chaerin stops and look at Seunghyun.

“Seriously?”

“Yeah… she left Korea few years back because she found out she had cancer… leaving her ex-boyfriend without any words…”

“Oh my god… I feel sorry for her, she must be so confused back then…”

“She said she was young and confused… we talked for a while back then, she mentioned about her ex was just getting started with his career and she doesn’t want to become a burden…”

“So, you mean… she left and say nothing to her ex?”

“Yup”

“it’s not fair, man…” Chaerin sigh.

“That is why she’s back in Korea… to explain to her ex…”

“Really? Wow.. and her ex? He’s still waiting for her huh?”

“Apparently he had moved on with his life….she told me he’s in a relationship now and she has been trying to find comfort to clear her mind over this situation at our resort…”

Chaerin shakes her head and mumbles quietly.

“That’s a pity…”

“And she’s quite good looking too, I have a picture here…”

Chaerin looking at him in suspicion.

“Tabi, why are you taking picture with her?”

“It’s for remembrance, shut up.”

Chaerin chuckles

“Here”

The whole world stops as she saw the picture of the girl they were talking about. How is that even possible?

Can fate be anymore cruel to her?

 

 

 

 

**************************************

 

 

 

 

To: WildBrat

Didn’t see your car parked down there… are you still at the off? You haven’t pick up my calls, so I assume you’re busy… don’t forget to have dinner…

Jiyong smiles and put his phone away and lay on the couch. He never was this happy before. Chaerin in his life is giving him the energy to function and since they be together, everybody says he become more vibrant and lively. His workers seems to be the one who gain the most as there are no more of his unexpected tantrums, cold tone and pms syndrome.

Jiyong quickly grab his phone thinking it was Chaerin but bummed out when he sees the caller id.

“What?”

“Dude, let’s go out…”

“I’ll pass.”

“Dude….” Seungri seems to be in a loud place, but soon the sound fades.

“Where are you?”

“I’m at the club”

“Of course…” Jiyong roles his eyes.

“Yaa… all of you , need to stop and take a breath for a while from your girlfriends… give them a break, not literally… you know? Break their back….” Seungri laughs at his own jokes and ends with a snort at the end.

“You need to get a life man..”

“I am!! I’m at this party and I think you boys should come too…”

“No..”

“What??!! Come on!” he starting to be annoying. “Dude!! Come on!! Dude…. Dudeeeee…. Commmmeeeeeee onnnnnn~~~~”

”I’m going to hang up…”

“Yaa!! If I can make Youngbae and Dae come, you have to come too…”

“Then it’s not going to happen… YB is g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter