The Contract

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey~ neighbour~”

Chaerin’s breathing gets heavy and she closes her eyes when she sees him lift his right hand.

 

*************

 

‘! Did he just say neighbour? He is my neighbour?!! ~!!!!’ Chaerin was having a mental breakdown while waiting for Jiyong to slap her.

But, nothing.

She open up one eye before opening up another and saw Jiyong standing in front of her folding his arms with a cold expression.

“Ehem….” She clears and tries to act normal. She probably looked like an idiot just now. Before she can continue to say anything, Jiyong grab her arm harshly and drag her into his apartment.

“What the….let me go, yah!!!! Let me go you jerk! Yah!! Let me go!!! Help!!!!! Somebody is trying to kill me!!” Who is she kidding? There’s basically 4 tenants only living on this floor and she doesn’t even know who they are minus Jiyong.

Chaerin was struggling to release herself but it was no use, she is already inside his apartment. She turns around and run to the door trying to open it but it’s no use since it’s locked, with codes.

Jiyong watch her with amusement and walk calmly towards the fridge to pour himself a glass of water. He sits at the counter watching her in desperation to get out from his apartment.

‘, okay, be cool now Chaerin, you look like a fool’ Chaerin turn around slowly and stand straight watching his relaxed expression.

Honestly, Jiyong is trying hard not to laugh at her behaviour and he is feeling excited when he heard her yelling just now. Excited to see her state when she’s helpless and powerless.

“Yah! Wh-what do y-you want?” hearing her stutter feed his ego even more. He didn’t say anything but continue on drinking his water ignoring her.

“I’m talking to you boy!” she said and Jiyong glare at her making her flinched.

He studies her closely from head to toe “I wonder what my mom sees in you”

“What?” Chaerin couldn’t hear what he was saying.

“You embarrassed me” he ignored her.

“Well, you deserved it” she smiles mockingly at Jiyong forgetting what state she is in right now.

“Really? Why so?”

“Well, You embarrassed me first~” Chaerin glare at him.

“Are you forgetting where you are right now? Aren’t you scared” Jiyong says earning nervous laugh from Chaerin.

‘OF COURSE I AM’ it’s only in her head.“Why should i? Our fathers are best friends”

“All the more reason why you should be very afraid miss Chaemin” Jiyong said confidently.

“It’s Chaerin, you ” she said and Jiyong feel embarrassed immediately but he scoff.

“I call you whatever I want, God, you have a filthy mouth”

“My mouth, I can say whatever I want~ ~”

Jiyong can only bite his lips. He grits his teeth and massages the back of his neck to calm himself.

“Look, enough of this game okay~ what do you want? You want to stab me repeatedly and throw my body in the ocean?” Chaerin asked nervously.

“Why would I want to do that?” he asked and couldn’t help but form a smile.

“C-cause I embarrassed you~” Chaerin was freaked out seeing that smile form on his face.

“Although it sounds tempting, I have something else that’s even better” he stood up and walk to his briefcase that he put on one of the many boxes in his apartment and took out a file.

He signalled her to seat on the couch in the living room. She hesitates at first but move over to sit.

Jiyong throw the file in front of her and she grabs it to prevent it from sliding off the table and she opens it. Her eyes widened at the contain of the file and bite her lips. Jiyong smirk looking at her expression.

“Wh-Where did you get this?” she look at him with disbelief.

“You will come here every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and be my maid” he ignores her once again.

“Huh???” Chaerin tilt her head to the side trying to figure out what he meant and slowly it starts to register into her mind. Jiyong is up to something.

“Oh, why? You thought the file was what? A scrap book? A memoir of your wild moments? How’s your old man going to react if he knows his precious daughter have wild history when she’s in college… you sure do know how to have fun huh?” Jiyong shakes his head and throw an annoying laugh to mock Chaerin.

“You…..” Chaerin can’t even think what cussing word is appropriate for her to use on him right now.

Looking at the pictures, it was series of pictures of her and Bom wearing skimpy clothing with bunch of college dudes with drinks on their hand, and cigarette on her hand. They look really wild. Pictures of them pole dancing, taking shots, grinding each other. This was during her prime time in college. Freshmen year. What a year that was. She was on top of her game and boy were they living life to the fullest maybe a little bit too much. Well, she smoke before but she quit. She suddenly got a headache.

‘Wait….. what the?? These are all pictures Bom put out on the dating website as a joke, but we already delete it!!’ Chaerin turn to look at Jiyong feeling mortified.

She thought she deletes all the evidence. They both sworn to never open this chapter in their life again and agree to let it bury it in the past. She starts to imagine if her father and brother saw these pictures, ‘OH MY GOD I WOULD RATHER DIE’ she pinches her nose bridge. She wonders if they can look at her the same way again. She shuts her eyes tight and inhale and exhale long and hard to calm herself.

“Th-this…. how..?” she seems to lost words and Jiyong just smirk.

“This was years ago, this was in the past. I’m not this person anymore” she continues.

“I don’t give a damn”

“Then why are you showing me all this? What’s your game?” Chaerin knows what he wants. He wants to make her life miserable.

“Told you…It’s payback time~” he smirk.

“Where did you get all this??” she seriously wants to know. It will be the end of her if her brother saw these pictures.

“That’s my secret” he scoff.

After she left during lunch just now, Jiyong was so furious that he storm off to find her but it’s too late, because she was gone. Feeling furious, he left his friends and went to his friend’s place nearby to change his soaking wet shirt and also to save himself from embarrassment. After venting out, his friend who happens to be an expert in computer programming starts asking so many questions while on his computer. After few minutes, there it was a website with her information and series of pictures. ‘Wild Kitty Cat’ was her id name and Jiyong were laughing his head of already smelling the victory.  After asking his friend to delete everything from the system, printing the pictures and saving it in a pendrive, he starts plotting on how to make her life miserable with that. It’s only minutes ago that he knows what he wants to do with her.

“What??? What are you looking at???” she covers her chest and Jiyong scoff.

“You’re not even up to my standard” he continues to mess with her self-esteem.

“What then? You want me to kneel down and ask for forgiveness?” she said feeling a little bit embarrassed.

“Didn’t you hear what I say just now? You’ll be my maid”

“In your dreams~~” she said and starts ripping all the pictures in the file furiously and throw it in front of Jiyong.

Jiyong smirks watching Chaerin’s behaviour making her feeling hot in her seat.

“You seriously thought I don’t have a copy of that? Softcopy, hardcopy, I have it…”

“Damn it…” she mumbles. Congratulation once again in making fool of yourself Chaerin.

“Let me see uncle’s reaction on this, or your brother, perhaps?” Jiyong fakes on dialling numbers on his phone when he didn’t even have their numbers.

“Damn it! Okay okay…. Stop! Fine! I’ll do it!” She grits her teeth and bites her lips.

“Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 7 to 10 pm.”

“What? My working hours is not fixed. I don’t run normal business here. And… I have things to do at night….sometimes”

“Like what? Party hard?” Jiyong teases her.

“None of your business” ‘’ she continued in her mind.

“So weekends then”

“Wait what? No! Weekends for family and friends” Chaerin blurted out.

“Do I look like I care?” Jiyong look at her with an i-don’t-give-a--at-all expression.

“Okay…..how about I find you a maid? I pay for all the expenses, medical…. Food….whatever.. And I will even give you bonus treatment, I will stock your food supply for a month.. For free of course~” Chaerin try to negotiate by forming the sweetest smile on her face.

“How about I call up your family now?” Jiyong start faking up again.

“Fine fine! Stop… okay~ w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter