The Intervention

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her fingers were trembling when she pushed her floor button and her heart is pounding to the state where Chaerin think it will blow up.

On the surface, she looks poised but her eyes are fixed on the floor.

The ruckus are still heard, but she remained composed in her position, waiting forever as the elevator door closes.

 When Chaerin thought she could regain back her breath, a hand slips in the middle, preventing the elevator door from closing.

A hand she knows well enough belongs to whom.

Her heart beats even faster as Jiyong presses the button harshly, wanting it to close before those securities reach them.

If Chaerin were to describe the situation, it was just like in the movie, with the lead actor panting as he lean both palm on the closed door before he finally took a long breath and turn to face Chaerin.

Chaerin does not budge her eyes from the blinking numbers, praying in her heart that it would go faster.

“Chae”

Jiyong tries to grab her face but Chaerin slaps his hand.

“Do not touch me, Kwon Ji Yong!”

Jiyong was startled but he knew this is coming. He bit his lips and gaze longingly at Chaerin.

He look briefly at the elevator button and swiftly press “STOP”.

They wobble a bit due to the sudden stop and Chaerin finally look at him but quickly shift her eyes as she knew how weak she can be by staring deeply into his eyes.

“Don’t be stupid!”

Chaerin’s heart pounds faster by the moment. She reaches for the buttons but Jiyong grab her wrist and push her slightly towards the wall.

“I said DON’T TOUCH ME!”

Chaerin squeal and pushes him off her. She can feel the cold metal brushing against her exposed thigh but nothing can soothes the fiery feeling inside her that suddenly abrupt when their faces were just inches away. She makes her effort again to reach them but Jiyong did not lose his composure and repeat what he has done to her.

“Get OFF OF ME!”

Things got a little chaotic as Chaerin struggles to free herself, she started to be aggressive but it does not stop Jiyong.

“I’m sorry Chae! Please, listen to me.”

Jiyong tried to overcome her outbursts but it only triggered her much further.

Chaerin began to tremble after she was stunned by his words.

“Sorry?!! Sorry?!”

She starts to push him hard. Harder this time that it make him wobble at his feet but Jiyong quickly regain his stance.

“It’s easy for you huh? Huh?!”

Her tears are threatening to fall as she pursue.

“You disappear! You left! You left me behind! And now, you’re sorry?!”

Jiyong gaze into her eyes and immediately pain struck through his chest. Those eyes that used to glisten with so much compassion and love towards him are filled with sadness and anger.

“I hate you!”

She slap him across the face again and then the tears roll.

“I hate you so much!”

“Chae..”

Jiyong felt the pain in his entire body. Her words tore him apart inside.

She burst into tears and throw her punches and slaps him solidly but sloppily. Chaerin’s tears overflow, her emotions is poured together with her action and words. Every action that Chaerin did she felt her emotion and body become submissive and weak-kneed. Jiyong stood still letting her to vent all of her emotion at him.

He knows, he deserved it.

“After all the promises! After all the things I have gone through! I thought you would be the last person that would ever do this to me! But I am damn wrong! What have I done to you to deserve this? Am I not good enough? Pretty enough?”

Jiyong bite his lips and clenched his fist. He tried to embrace her but Chaerin’s behavior is preventing her.

“Chae, please..”

He starts to avoid her outraged and it made Chaerin much more irate by him. Chaerin become much more aggressive and become more persistent.

“Chae!”

Jiyong dodge her attack and grabs her wrist.

“Let me go!!! Let me go!!”

Jiyong become unbothered as his grip becomes tighter.

“Chae please…”

He pulls her towards him and finally wrap his arms around her body locking her hands at the side of her body firmly.

“Let me go!!”

Still persistent, she tries to wiggle but her effort is in vain, making her frustration grew.

“Let me go Kwon Ji Yong! I hate you!! I hate you!!”

Chaerin continue to express her frustration but Jiyong caress her back and gently at her head until finally, she gives in, wailing in his arms.

“Shh Chae… I’m sorry Chae.. I’m sorry”

His words is almost unheard, it penetrates her soul and she concede.

No words. Just her cries.

Every cries she lets out, Jiyong feels a knife stabs through his heart, repeatedly. Jiyong loosen his grip as he felt her body is weaken and her head that is now on his chest.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry”

He whisper to her ears as she whimper. He sounds so apologetic and fills with regret. For what feels like forever, Chaerin is finally in the arms of the man she love. They stay in that position until Chaerin’s whimper turns into soft sobs. Jiyong was just starting to feel the serenity when he felt Chaerin tilting her head, creating a gap in between them.

“Do I need to have cancer too so I can have your love”

Chaerin mutter those words with much struggle and Jiyong look into her swollen eyes. He began to wipe off the tears on her cheeks lightly and Chaerin just let him do it while she closes her eyes, feeling the warmth. Watching her soft whimpering, he shuts his eyes firmly and continue to pull her back in his embrace, tightening his arms around her.

“Don’t say that Chae”

Jiyong shakes his head not wanting to imagine the ordeal if it happens.

Since the beginning, Chaerin never put her arms around him. Oh, how much she wanted to. Contemplating, her trembling hands are starting to react but instead of doing the same as Jiyong, she pushes him, lightly.

Reluctant at first, Jiyong releases her not wanting to be in the same position earlier.

“Chae?”

Chaerin wipes her face with the cardigan’s sleeve and expand the gap in between them.

“Chae?”

Jiyong took a step but Chaerin look at her with a teary eyes.

“Please, let me go. I can’t do this anymore.”

She pleads and it broke him into a thousand pieces. Chaerin press the stop button again, and the elevator resume to work as Jiyong watch her feeling defeated. She is just so close but yet so far away.

Moments before they reach the floor, Chaerin took a deep breath and turn to him once more. With much more composure, she convey her next words firmly.

“This will be our last encounter, Dara’s wedding is just around the corner, if you were to be there, I won’t.”

Jiyong was struck by her words and felt the arrogance coming out of her as he know this is all said with ego and stubbornness.

“So, it comes to this? You won’t even listen to what I am going to say?”

“Why should I when clearly you didn’t do the same for me”

He bite his lips and sigh.

The elevator open before he could continue and Chaerin was prepared to go out but she is startled over the sight of the opening door.

All of the crew is there. Looking at both Jiyong and Chaerin with various expression.

Chaerin catch Jiyong eyes and both quickly search for a certain someone’s reaction.

Seunghyun. His eyes are fixed on Jiyong. And it is showing no compassion at all.

Chaerin know what she is looking at and so is Jiyong, ready for whatever it is that will come at him.

Suddenly, it becomes silent. Seunghyun is coming at Jiyong steadily from behind all of their friends.

“Baby…”

Bom grab his arms with concern and he stops but never once he throw his gaze elsewhere.

“Don’t.”

It sends shivers listening to that one word spoken by Seunghyun enough to make Bom release her hand.

Dara link her arms to Youngbae and he caress her cheeks before touching her hand, indicating her to step away. Dara did just that, and she move closer to Bom and Minzy whom are already holding each other’s arms.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter