The Chaerin Effect

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaerin is the farthest behind upon entering the Lee’s resident. Given a chance, she wanted to flee away from the scene. The awkwardness and the tension she can sense between Jiyong and Jay is killing her. Bom is assisting Seunghyun to enter at the front while the two men is strutting in front of her, one carrying Seunghyun’s luggage while Jiyong is carrying the groceries they bought for tonight dinner.

Even the car ride was in dull. Chaerin tried her best to brush off the tense between her and Jiyong in the car by making lame jokes and cute antics. She knows Jiyong is uncomfortable and doesn’t want to be in the same room as Jay but she still has no idea why and what exactly they talked about that led to this aggravating situation.

“Oppa, you just rest since you might black out all of a sudden, we certainly doesn’t want that to happen…” Chaerin lighten the situation soon after Aunty Choi greeted them all with enthusiast, happy that the boy she’s taken care since he is still in diapers is alive and kicking.

“Don’t treat me like a handicapped Chae, I’m fully capable of smacking you~” Bom slap Seunghyun’s arm while all the men broke into laughter.

Chaerin smile while glancing at Jiyong and Jay who seems normal for a while there.

“Since today is a special day, I’m going to prepare dinner, what do you want to eat?”

“Anything that doesn’t kill me…” Seunghyun reply.

“Haha.. very funny..” she lifted the two plastic bag that were rested on the floor by Jiyong when he helped Bom to rest Seunghyun on the couch.

“Oh, Jay… you were bragging about your cooking the other day at the party… would want to try your Crème Brule that you hold pride to…” Seunghyun jokes.

“Oh, Bommie, don’t blame me if Top come running to me afterwards…” Jay replied with Chaerin unable to hold her giggles due to Jay humour. She’s a fan of his humorous character.

Jiyong just rolls his eyes over the lame jokes.

“A woman should never carry heavy stuff” Jay takes over the groceries from Chaerin hands making her fluster while glancing at Jiyong who is giving them a piercing stare.

“Where’s the kitchen?” Jay nudges at Chaerin acting nonchalant over the whole ordeal.

“Ah.. umm.. there…” Chaerin disappear into the kitchen with Jay, making Jiyong uneasy in his seat. Jay on the other hand wouldn’t want to miss the opportunity to be with her alone. He knows it’s wrong to feel this way but the way he see it, he hasn’t done anything wrong on the surface.

Bom sense Jiyong agitated face “Ji, why don’t you help them in the kitchen.. I need alone time with Seunghyun as well…”

“Ah… yeah, okay noona~” his face lighten up again. Bom just smile giving him the eye.

“Bommie… you stay here..” Seunghyun mumbles quietly resting on the couch laying on her lap protecting his injured head with a pillow. Bom his hair gently.

“Are you comfortable though?” Bom whisper.

“Mmmhmmm” Seunghyun take her hand and kisses it gently before placing it on his chest. He just needs this and nothing more. Bom smiles over his rare public affection and rest her eyes as well. Looking after him these past few days has taken a toll on her sleeping hours.

Aunty Choi knows when Chaerin or Seunghyun in the kitchen they would force her to rest and she’s now resting in her room probably enjoying some drama.

Drama is definitely bound to happen in a bit when Jiyong slowly crept in the kitchen where he discover Chaerin and Jay ready to work their asses off while giggling over something Jay had said earlier.

Jiyong scoff.

“Having fun already? Without me?” Jiyong enters and move next to Chaerin where he leans in front of her. Chaerin knows what he wants, a kiss on his lips.

Frowning she glance at Jay beside her briefly and raised her eyebrow to Jiyong but Jiyong insisted and pout even more. Wanting to save his bf from embarrassment and not wanting to make it awkward, she peck his lips and quickly move to the refrigerator to get some ingredients and if she could, hide in there to save herself from what’s about to happen.

Jiyong smirk and glance over at Jay where they made a brief eye contact driving Jay to shakes his head over Jiyong’s childish antics.

‘Two can play this game Ji’ Jay thinks to himself and starts plotting something in his head.

“Love, what do you need me to do around here?” Jiyong move and grab Chaerin by the waist.

“Love?” Chaerin cringe over the name calling and look horrifyingly at Jiyong but he just smiles like an idiot. Now she understands what he’s trying to do. He wants to show he’s the man to Jay.

Chaerin rolls her eyes and elbowed him away from her. “You can start by helping me to cut the onions…”

“No problem, LOVE~” he accentuate and move to the counter smirking at Jay.

Jay scoff and he’s not going down with it. Chae arrive in between of them to use the sinks and starts washing the vegetables.

“Oh, !” Jay raised his tone gaining attention from both Jiyong and Chaerin.

“Oh no.. your shirt~” Chaerin points out to the cream that splashed “accidentally” to Jay’s shirt. “You should wear an apron…”

Chaerin opens one of the cabinets and take out an apron handing it over to Jay.

“Can you help me? Dirty~” he lift his hand and Jiyong just eye him while tightening his grip with the knife.

Chaerin on the other hand just smiles and put the apron over his head while Jay shows a winning smile to Jiyong.

“Turn around, I need to tie it” Jay turns around and Chaerin notice with the corner of her eyes somebody is glaring at them, burning holes through her back.

“Calm down~” she mouthed to Jiyong and rolls her eyes. Jiyong exhale loudly trying to maintain his composure before continuing with his work.

“Umm, wait… you need one too~” Chaerin stops her by his arm and turn him around. Jiyong smile cockily while placing his hands on her waist and Chaerin can’t help but giggles over his behaviour. She just knows that her boyfriend can be a jealous freak.

Everything continues smoothly for a while before Jay decided to open his mouth.

“Ahhh~ ahahaha….”

“What?” Chaerin look at him while Jiyong whom is struggling with cutting the onion, stops and glimpse at him with annoyance.

“Nothing, I just remembered something funny…”

“Tell.” Chaerin smiles, it must be funny coming out from Jay.

“I probably shouldn’t..”

“Yeah, why don’t you share it with us…” Jiyong ask pretending to be interested.

“Okay, since you insist… well, you remember that time in New York? Where you got so drunk, you almost jump off the stage, good thing I manage to catch you and CARRY you down stage~” Jay laugh heartily which doesn’t gain any response from Chaerin because she is basically standing there froze in her state. Good thing she told everything to Jiyong though. She carefully turns to Jiyong to see his expression and as expected, he’s gritting his teeth.

Just about she wants to say something, Jiyong suddenly laugh making her confused, so as Jay. But after a while pass by, and he’s still laughing, Jay laugh as well, making Chaerin even more confused while looking at them both. It’s as though they are having a competition who can laugh the longest.

“Oh god, that’s funny… how did he carry you? Like I carry you last night to the BEDROOM?”

“Yah!” Chaerin smack Jiyong’s chest.

“Hopefully she’s not that wobbly like how I carry you last time to your hotel room~”

“Jay!” Chaerin is getting annoyed with this two men’s behaviour. She doesn’t know what’s their deal, but she definitely can’t deal with it anymore.

“Oh, dude… you didn’t…” Jiyong starts moving forward alerting Chaerin who is now stepping in the middle of them both.

“Calm down both of you….”

“I just did… it happened bro~” Jay smirks and widened his chest.

“What? Nothing happened, urghhhh~” Chaerin places both of her hands on their chest preventing them from getting closer.

Jiyong scoff and tilt his neck cracking it to the left and right. Jay on the other hand is cracking his knuckles. Both men is ready to attack each other while ignoring Chaerin’s plea.

“I’m so ready to get it on…” Jiyong gritted his teeth while saying those words.

“Ji… don’t you dare get anything on…”

“Bring it! Bring it!” Jay provoked Jiyong.

“Enough!” Chaerin shriek, enough to quiet down both Jiyong and Jay.

It’s as though an angel just pass through them, it became silent. Both are looking everywhere but Chaerin avoiding her glare.

“Out of my kitchen! Both of you! You guys want to fight so much right? Out!”

“Chae…” both of them said unisonly.

“Don’t Chae me, get out or I’ll kick both your asses out of here” she said sternly.

“You, go to the store and buy some wine” she pointed to Jay “And you, go and buy me some tomato and asparagus at the market”

“But Chae…” Jiyong try to protest but seeing her lion-like expression is enough to silent both of them.

“Try to reflect on your behaviour while you’re at it. I’m disappointed at both of you” she said quietly and continues with her work.

Both of them realized what an idiot they were before and leave the kitchen with their ego inside.

 

 

**********************************************

 

 

 

“Min, I need to talk to you…”

“What is it this time?” Minzy lower down the heat to her stew and gesture to Daesung to keep on eye at it.

It’s weekend and since it’s their off day, Minzy spend it lazying around at Daesung’s apartment. She walks to the balcony for some privacy leaving the shirtless Daesung to take in charge of the kitchen.

“I made a mistake” Dara replied.

“Babe, don’t tell me you cheated on Youngbae!” Minzy quickly jumps into conclusion.

“What?! No! How can you even have that thought?!” Dara squeal making Minzy quickly squints her eyes over her squeals.

“Oh, good… then what?”

“I kind of invited someone inappropriate to my wedding…” Dara says quietly.

“What? I can’t hear you…” Minzy raise her tone.

“Urghhhh~ I invited a person that should not be in the wedding, my wedding~”

“Who?”

“Sohee…”

There’s a brief silent and Dara closed her eyes ready to be yelled at.

“Sohee who?” Minzy sounded clueless.

“Babe! Sohee… the Sohee~ Jiyong???”

There’s another brief silent before..

“WHATTT???!!!!”

‘Yup, there it is…’ Dara thought to herself while biting her lips.

“What? What??” Daesung come running to her with a concern face while carrying a ladle.

“Sorry oppa, it’s nothing~” Minzy places the phone to her chest.

“Don’t do that~ urghhh…” Daesung rub his exposed chest clearly startled over it.

“Sorry~” Minzy pull him by his neck and planted a kiss on his cheek before showing her guilty smile.

“Who’s that by the way?”

“Dara~” she mouthed with her phone back next to her ear.

“Say hi to her” he smack her plump in those y black shorts before smiling playfully making his way back to the kitchen.

“Ouch! Urghhh…” Minzy shriek.

“What?”

“Dae say hi~” Minzy reply while rubbing her stinging .

“Oh~ you’re with him? Another y time huh?? Can’t keep your hands off each other after that night… told you it’s addicting~” Dara said playfully making Minzy blushed. Luckily Dara is not there to see her turning into a red lobster.

“Yah! Don’t change the subject…” she clears .

“Oh, yeah… right… what should I do??? Oh my god… it was unintentional.. she was so pitiful, I just had too..”

“I’m not following… what?”

Dara be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter