Get To Know Them

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday comes. As usual, Chaerin wakes up early. Her everyday routine except for weekends is to wake up at 5am and starts her yoga practice. She loves it when the sun rise and kissed her skin and feel the warmth shining to her bare skin. Slipping into her sport bra and yoga pants, she settles the yoga mat in front of the sliding door and starts stretching.

She was never into stuff like this compare to her girls, they are obsessed with gym. Well, with the exception of Bom of course, in her case she has to. As a model, it’s in the contract and you can’t run away from that and her surreal appetite does not help as well. There’s a reason why she started yoga, it all started when her mother left her, her psychiatrist asked her to do it. What? Oh… yeah… Chaerin went to a psychiatrist previously. Yes, it was to that extend, but it’s all good now. Yoga keeps her in peace. It calms her and since then she’s been practicing yoga. No matter how late she got back from work or where she is, she never failed to do yoga except for weekends. Weekend is the time for her to get away from routine and enjoy the company of her family and friends. She treasure weekends very much.

After finishing, she walks to her coffee machine and start brewing the coffee, oh how she loves the smell of fresh coffee in the morning. Coffee is her bestfriend. Americano to be exact. She walks to her bedroom and starts undressing herself and prepares the bubble bath. Her bathroom fills with strawberry scent. Her mother’s favourite and now hers. She walks to the sink and starts brushing her teeth and washes her face. By the time she’s done, the tub is already full to her liking and she step inside taking her time soaking and feeling the water flow around her. She leans her head back and closes her eyes. She loves bathtub, she loves soaking in water. Yes, you guessed it right, her favourite place is the ocean. Island is where her and her bestfriends number one choice if they want to go on vacation.

This is Chaerin and her routine. She will always start off her day like this. She love it, taking charge of her life, being in control but once she steps out of her house, the feeling change into excitement of not knowing what the day could bring her.

Being a photographer, she position herself in the industry among the best ones there is. The thing she enjoys most about her work is ‘the perspective’. Telling a story from just a picture is what she does best. Whatever the clients want, she will try her best to fulfil it and that is why she is being acknowledged by those who have been long in the industry. She doesn’t limit her potential, she’s doing wedding, fashion show, magazine, art, street, you name it, and she’s done it. She’s quite proud of herself. She admits, her father got pretty amazing contacts and he did contribute towards the construction of her company but that does not mean she’s any less talented than those out there. That perception is what get her going and be a tough competitor out there.

She learned the hard way from the bottom up, her business used to be on hiatus for 6 months due to the economic crisis but that doesn’t wash away her passion. When everyone closes their company, she organized a party inviting her famous friends from all over the world and make sure the press knows about it. As a result of that, her event was covered more than 17 newspapers over 7 different countries and the rest, is history.

Finishing her bubble bath, she wrapped herself in a towel and walk to her bedroom connected with her bathroom. Oh, she’s obsessed with Rilakumma. From teddy bear to kitchen utensils, she collects everything. No..no, you can’t see all her collection here, she keeps it at her family’s home. That’s not her only obsession, she’s obsessed with accessories and designer shades. Chanel Chanel Chanel~ she’s obsessed with that brand too. Oh you can ask the other girls, their favourite place in her apartment is her wardrobe which she modified one of the rooms there. Dara basically appoints Chaerin to be her unofficial fashion advisor and Minzy always come home from her place borrowing accessories. Another section that is quite interesting in her apartment is the hallway across her master bedroom. She turns the wall into her own “Wall of Fame”. It fills with Polaroid pictures of memorable events with her loved ones. The wall is modified, protected by glass and it has lights shining to it perfect to fit the name of the wall.

One thing about her that might be a turn off to someone is that she is super sensitive with cleanliness and Bom even swears that she has OCD. There is not a speck of dust in her apartment and everything is so organized. You might think she’s a very uptight person, very strict and snobbish but you’re wrong. However, she can’t deny it because people always say her first impression is the worst. Dara called her a and Minzy said she was snobbish.

Anyways, you guys remember right? She is a DJ. DJ-CL is her stage name. It started off as a dare between her and Bom when they were in college. She told Chaerin to learn DJ-ing from the most popular guy in college who is a DJ at a club nearby their college. It feels like love at first sight. No, not the guy, but the turntable set. The complicated buttons and tuners that intimidate her quickly take control of her life at that time. She fell hard into ‘spinning’ and ‘mixing’ and decided to spend all her pocket money on her first turn-table set. It’s still here, the turntable, at the corner of her living room.  Bom had to do intervention but it didn’t turn out well, long story short, they ended up being a regular at a club near their school. Her first time was spontaneous, the ‘dare’ guy called her on stage one night and it resulted to the club having the highest profit they received that month. From that moment, her, the DJ gig and photographer cannot be separated.

Bom, Dara and Minzy. A model, an actress and a dancer. The three names that she will surely trades her life with aside from her family. Chaerin and Bom go a long way since preschool. They do everything together. Everything. Bom basically live with her during that time because her parents are always away until one day, Chaerin have to leave Korea and move to France for their father’s business purpose. The day before she went to France, they spend the whole night together crying in each other’s arms. When they woke up the next day, their whole face was swollen. Years gone by and fate brought them back together until now. They become inseparable. Oh, but Bom also developed her relationship with Seunghyun along the way. They say it is just teasing. Yeah right~ they are in love with each other, just too stupid to acknowledge it. Blame it on their ego. Chaerin knows it, Dara, Minzy, basically, everybody knows it except them.

Dara, on the other hand, was the total opposite of her case with Bom. They hated each other in college. Girls. They never talked to each other but they hate each other to the point of dissing each other in public. But, one night it changes everything. As usual, Chaerin was on the stage DJ-ing trying to get the club hyped and there she is Dara, she was on the bar dancing wildly, making fuss and drunk as ed. Apparently she got into argument with her then boyfriend and started to make a scene. Chaerin saw and scoff at the sight before seeing her bf grabbed her roughly and slapped her across the face and dragged her out of the club. Leaving the music on auto mode she rushed out only to see Dara was pinned to the wall and slapped repeatedly by her abusive boyfriend. That’s when Chaerin comes into the picture. No, she didn’t pull off any Karate Kids move or suddenly possessed by Pacqiao and hit the boyfriend, she did what she knows best. Called up the bouncers and her male friends to settle it for her. After that night, they hit it off right away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter