The War Is On

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What’s wrong?” Seunghyun question the quiet Chaerin.

“Hmm?”

“What is it this time? Who made you angry?”

“Nothing~” Chaerin sit at the end of the bed and flip the Nylon magazine which belongs to Bom.

“Where’s Ji?”

“Don’t know, don’t care..”

That simple answer clears out what’s been bothering Chaerin. By the look of it, Seunghyun sure that the two got into a fight.

“Yah, what have you done?” Seunghyun nudge Chaerin with his toe.

“Why is it always me? Urghhh~” Chaerin close the magazine and fold her arms.

“What’s wrong? You two were all smiles when you left last night…”

Chaerin glance at Seunghyun briefly, contemplating whether to tell him what happened or not.

 

“Chae… wait up…”

Chaerin walk out from the hospital leaving Jiyong behind. She was troubled with what Sohee said just now and been keeping it quiet ever since.

“Chae, you okay?” Jiyong finally reached to her side and take her fingers into his. Chaerin pull her hand and fold her arms.

Jiyong sigh. It really bugs him to see Chaerin acting that way. What irritates him even more is he doesn’t even know why. Seeing her behaving that way, he keep his patience and just go with the flow.

The silence is killing him and when they arrive at their apartment, Jiyong starts coaxing her.

“Chae..” he move closer to her in the elevator and place his hand at her back.

Chaerin stare blankly ahead not making any sound.

“Not feeling well?”

Chaerin shook her head.

“Hungry?”

Chaerin roll her eyes.

“Tired?”

Chaerin sigh.

“Well, say something will you? I won’t be able to know if you don’t start talking…”

His tone starts to change. Chaerin look at Jiyong.

“I…” her words are cut off by the elevator’s arrival at their floor.

“I, what?” Jiyong urges her to continue where she left of when they stand in the middle of their doors.

“Do you know why Sohee invites you to her home?”

“Oh god, this again? Chae… enough already…” Jiyong is done talking about her but apparently his girlfriend always tries to raise unnecessary issue. Well, at least what he thinks right now.

“No, I’m asking you oppa… You want to know what’s wrong with me right? Answer me then…”

“Why can’t you let go of this Chae..”

“Just answer me…”

“Does it matter?”

“Yes”

“I don’t know, to show her house? To hang out?” his sounded not interested at all.

Chaerin scoff.

“Think about it oppa, she’s wearing full make-up with that showy dress. She even set her hair and prepares food. If you notice, she was preparing something for you… probably she wants to get some tonight but boo hoo, I ruin everything..” Chaerin utter those words fill with anger.

Jiyong can’t believe what he heard. This is not Chaerin whom is talking.

“Do you know what you sound like right now? You sound so negative and judgemental. This is so not you Chae…” Jiyong frowns.

“Can’t you see?” Chaerin starts to raise her voice a little.

“See what? No.. she is like that, she dress up well, she likes to beautify herself, so I didn’t notice anything wrong…”

“What if she’s not? I’m a girl… so I know…”

“Well, I’ve known her in and out to know if there’s something’s up…”

Chaerin feel the sting when Jiyong say those words. Immediately regretting what he had said, Jiyong sigh and scratch the back of his neck. Both of them become silent.

“Chae, I didn’t mean it that way….” Jiyong try to grab her shoulder but Chaerin step back failing his attempt.

“I’m tired, forget what I said…” Chaerin turn around and march towards her door.

“Chae….”

Chaerin punch the codes ignoring him. Jiyong watch helplessly as Chaerin enters her premise.

 

 

“So? Are you going to keep quiet about it or….”

“I have to go oppa, lunch break is over… I’ll come back later..” Chaerin avoid the topic and walk over to Seunghyun to say her goodbyes.

“Fine… just know I’m all ears when you’re ready to talk about it…” Seunghyun eye his sister whom walking towards the door.

After looking at Seunghyun briefly, she give him a small smile and exits the room. Chaerin glance at her handphone in her hand. She let it rings before it stops on its own. Jiyong have been texting and calling her the whole morning up until now without fail but she’s not ready to pick his calls because she’s afraid their conversation will turn into arguments once more.

 

 

 

********************************

 

 

 

“What’s up…?” Seungri eye his bestfriend.

“What?” Jiyong question him back.

“Is there something wrong? You’ve been staring at your phone and keep sighing… Trouble in paradise?” Youngbae smirk.

Jiyong lean back to his chair, ignoring both of them.

“Yah, I still can’t believe you’re IN A RELATIONSHIP right now…” Seungri sounds amused and emphasize on those particular words.

“I’m glad it’s Chaerin” Youngbae smile and Jiyong smile too.

“It should be me though….”

“Don’t make me laugh” Youngbae snort.

“Anyways, are you guys having a lover’s quarrel now?” being the nosy one, Seungri just could not drop it.

“Sohee’s back..”

Seungri sit up on the couch, exchanging glance with Youngbae. They straight away form a serious expression.

“No.” Seungri mumbles.

“Yes, we met her Sunday and yesterday..” Jiyong lean back forward and sigh.

“We? As in you and Chae?” Seungri sound shock.

“Mmmm”

“Dude…. Tell us more..” Seungri look at his bestfriend and Jiyong took a couple of breath before telling them what happen during the meeting.

“So, what? You’re having doubts now? About Chae?” Youngbae asks him.

“God no. I can assure my feelings towards Sohee are gone, completely. I was surprised myself when I met her the other day, I’ve been thinking about it… How am I going to react if I meet with her and surprisingly I feel nothing. Just, glad. Glad that she’s fine.”

“Good, I don’t like that anyway…” Seungri said nonchalantly.

Both Youngbae and Jiyong glare at him.

“What? I’m saying the truth. Don’t you think so?” he look at Youngbae but Youngbae shows no expression.

“Since we’re at it, let me tell you something Ji… I don’t favour Sohee, because she’s too controlling over you. Can’t do this, can’t do that, have to come back home early, she act y around your friends, you might not know this, but she always interrogate us when we want to go for a guy’s night out and control everything, she gave us a list of not do things. I’m like, what the ? Now you know why guy’s night out was so boring and not adventurous.”

Seungri sudden outburst gain Jiyong’s attention. He look at Youngbae for confirmation and Youngbae nod quietly.

“Well, pity you…” Jiyong said without any expression.

“That’s it?”

“What do you want me to say?”

“I don’t know… my ex was a psycho?” Seungri raise his hands in the air and put it at the back of his head.

“Don’t be an …” Youngbae rolls his eyes.

“I don’t care about that anymore, I’m only interested in Chaerin and Chaerin only…” Jiyong say those words while his fingers are busy typing message for Chaerin. Seungri and Youngbae look at him and smile, they never thought Jiyong will be like this ever.

 

To: Wild Brat

Chae, have you eaten your lunch? Don’t forget to eat… hmmm, again, I’m sorry about last night…

 

*knock knock*

“Sir, there’s someone here to meet you, I said you are in a meeting, but she insisted, she said she knows you well enough to not make an appointment…” Jiyong PA, Chunhee comes in and grab their attention.

Frowning, Jiyong finally say “Let her in…”

The two gentlemen starts tidying up and sit properly, maybe it is one of their clients.

“Hi…” Sohee smile brightly as she enters the room bringing shocked to all three of them.

Seungri quickly eye Youngbae and doesn’t know how to react. It was shocking to them since they were talking about her few moments ago.

“Why? You look like you’ve seen a ghost..” Sohee smirk and move closer to Seungri and Youngbae whom is sitting on the couch. Both of them automatically stand up.

“Nice to meet you….” Youngbae sounded calm and offer a handshake but instead he got a hug from her. Youngbae manage to make brief eye contact with Jiyong. Jiyong just shrug his shoulder, clueless about her presence here.

“Hey…” Seungri lift his hand, not interested to make friendly conversation.

“Wow, both of you look really good…” Sohee smile.

Youngbae tried to flash a genuine smile while Seungri scoff and settle himself back at the couch. Sohee bite her lips seeing the cold shoulder Seungri is giving to her.

“What brings you here?” Jiyong ask her.

“Nothing, I just want to visit you guys…”

“For?” Seungri ask without lifting his face and set his eyes on the papers.

The atmosphere turns awkward. Seeing that neither Jiyong nor Seungri is treating her properly, Youngbae play the part.

“So, how you been?” he smile inviting her to sit next to him. Sohee know he deserve the cold treatment but thankful to Youngbae who manages to took pity and entertain her.

“I’m doing good…”

“How long are you going to be in Korea before you leave again?” Seungri throw his sarcasm and Youngbae look at him, giving him a warning to behave. Jiyong on the other hand is pretending to be busy with his work.

“I’m staying here for good…” Sohee mumbles quietly.

“Why? Are you running away from someone?” Seungri smirk. Jiyong stop what he’s doing and turn his attention at Seungri.

“Yah, no” Jiyong give him a stern look.

Seungri sigh “Sorry, I didn’t mean to..”

“It’s okay, I deserve it” Sohee smile bitterly.

Seungri fake a smile which didn’t go unnoticed by Youngbae. The atmosphere becomes tense again. Everybody is quiet.

“We have to get back to work…” Youngbae stands up and wait for Seungri. Seeing Seungri wouldn’t budge from his seat, Youngbae clears his throat.

He contemplated for a while. The last thing he needs is leaving this woman with his once eternal lover in the same room. He was there when Jiyong crumble down and as friends, they promised to not let it happen again. So, when Youngbae did that, he is trying hard to understand why?

“You going to be okay?”

Jiyong nods as they pass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter