The Talk

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m telling you Bommie, that was rude to me…” Chaerin on loudspeaker with Bommie while applying lotions to her legs.

“It ~ his handsome face does not reflect on his behaviour”

“When did I say he’s handsome”

“The way you describe him just now.”

“How can you…. urgh nevermind~ please stop talking about him”

“Hey, I’m not the one yapping for an hour about the boy I met a week ago and honey, in case you haven’t noticed, it’s 6am here in States and I just got back at 2 just now. You ruined my beauty sleep”

“God… sorry” Chaerin chuckles.

“Yeah, I can feel how sorry you are, go and it out with Dara and baby Mingkki”

“I did Bommie, it’s just… when I called just now I realized you haven’t heard about it yet so… anyways, as usual Dara being Dara, she’s so busy you know. When I told her, she was in her filming site, so she can’t really focus…as for Mingkki~ well, she saw that douche, she was at the party remember? God, have you been listening?” Chaerin rolls her eyes and shifted to her other legs to apply the lotion.

“Well, let’s see.. You called me when I was just fallen asleep and to top it off, I’m hammered, so basically I’m having headache and nausea right now. So, yeah, half of the conversation went out the window”

“Damn it, have you been drinking again? How’s the damage?”

“Nothing much, accept Jeremy said he saw my drunken humiliate the designer that try to get into my pants the other day”

“Well, he deserved it, how the hell can you pick up my calls anyway?” Chaerin scoff

“Erm, cause my phone was on my ear, don’t ask”

“Oh, you just wait till Tabi hear about this”

“Damn it Chae, can you not? Please..”

“Why? God, as much as I love my brother, he’s not even your boyfriend, why you want to care?”

“Exactly why you don’t need to say to him…” Bom suddenly sits up on her bed and all the pain she’s feeling was washed away after hearing his name.

“You have to stop playing this teenagers bull thingy among you two. Stop sending mixed signals and stop acting like you don’t give a damn about all this…”

“I am…. I mean, I will stop…”

“Why am I listening to the same song? Look, he’s my brother, you’re my best friend okay? I don’t want to see you guys hurt each other. At least, have mercy on me… I’m basically stuck in between..”

“Hmm… I don’t know, I’m confused as well, he act like he doesn’t care if I screw with other men”

“Did he say that?”

“No…but action speaks louder Rinnie… so….”

“I’ll talk to him…but you have to sort out what you want”

“No. This is between us… I don’t want you to get involved”

“How am I not involved? Gosh…”

“Whatever..”

“Yeah whatever me now, just don’t go running to me when it’s too late.. Don’t say I didn’t warn you”

“Chae! Damn it! It’s early in the morning and yet you already ruined my mood”

“I know right?” Chaerin chuckles.

“I hate both of you”

“But… I love you~”

“Yeah, I’m hanging up…”

“Aww, Bommie, you know why I’m being hard on you~ Sorry if I went too far~”

“No, I’m hanging up because something is crawling up my throat. Maybe it’s the caviar from last night” with that Chaerin heard a loud sound of vomiting and she makes a disgusted face.

“Bommie~ are you okay?”

“Yeah… ~ well well… look at that~ did I eat spaghetti last night?” Bommie said with her sore voice.

“God! You alien… please stop, you’re disgusting. Go wash up and go back to bed. Don’t forget to pop a Panadol, I’m not there to baby you, so you better do it while I’m on the phone”

“Chae….”

“Now.”

“Gosh Chae, I can’t believe I’m following your orders~ you’re 3 years younger than me” Bom starts walking up to the bathroom and put her phone on loudspeaker.

“What would you do without me?” Chaerin chuckles and smile hearing the sound of water flowing.

“Probably die because of loneliness”

“You have Tabi~”

“Well, I’m not sure I want to live with an alien for the rest of my life”

“Says the female alien”

“Yah!!”

“Yah~ I’m gonna hang up now, and leave you to clean yourself, don’t forget to text me after you pop the Panadol okay?”

“Yes, mommy~”

“Good girl!”

“Bye~Oh! Don’t forget to fetch me next thursday”

“Yeah, will take note of that~”

“Don’t leave me at the airport again or I swear you and I are over”

“Gosh, it was one time only Bommie, are you going to shove it in my face every time?” Chaerin bite her lips, remembering how she accidentally left Bom at the airport due to her gig at a club.

“Yes, love you. Bye”

“Urgh! Say hi to Jer for me.. Love you too, bye~”

Chaerin switch her phone off and walk over to her bed and make herself comfy under her fluffy comforter. Its weekend and she’s at her family house. It’s been hectic since the opening of her father’s resort on Jeju Island. Seunghyun is still there and they haven’t had lunch together since. Not seeing him for a week is weird to Chaerin. They will at least have lunch together once a week. Her father is here, he basically let Seunghyun take over things now, she can see that he wants to enjoy more now and why not? He’s been working his whole life, and it’s time for him to just rest and let them handle it.

*KNOCK KNOCK

“Come in~”

His father walk in and Chaerin sits up on her bed with her knee to her chest. Making his way to his daughter’s bed, he sits in front of her and smiles.

“Why are you still awake?”

“I was talking to Bommie just now. Why dad? Is there something you want to talk about?”

“Nothing, I’m going to Japan tomorrow and I just want to see you” Junghwan caress Chaerin’s head and smile.

“Oh really? So? I’m going to be alone this weekend?” Chaerin pouts.

“Your brother is coming back tomorrow honey~” Junghwan chuckles.

“Oh, yes! Hee… so dad, be a good father and bring me that chewy rice cakes from Japan okay? And have fun there, go to club or something with uncle” Chaerin laugh earning a light pinch on her cheeks from her father.

“We’re on a business trip my dear~”

“Yeah, but it’s no harm to have fun~”

“I’m going with Junhee and Youngdon”

“Junhee? Who’s that? Oh!! That …..ehem I mean….jerk’s dad?”

“Jerk?”

“Uncle’s son who has that cold expression….How is he different from his parents? I like his parents”

“Who? Jiyong? why?”

“I don’t like him dad…I just don’t”

“Honey…”

“He said I’m a stuck up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter