The Date

Let's Play With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaerin has been staring on her phone for the past 30 minutes.

From:

7.03pm: Fake date happening tomorrow..

Hyperventilating, she’s been sitting up, rolling around, inhaling and exhaling profusely, pacing back and forth around her room.

‘Okay… remember Chae, Bommie said, don’t get too excited.. Be cool.. Be cool..’

To:

7.41pm: No cleaning tomorrow then?

From:

7.42pm: Be ready at 8am, will pick you up..

To:

7.43pm: WHAT??? 8 am? Who goes on a date at 8am? Where are we going?

From:

7.44pm: See you tomorrow, be prepared..

Chaerin swallow the lump in . ‘be prepared? …’

To:

7.48pm: Can I at least have a hint where we going? I want to dress appropriately… you don’t want me to show up overdressed or underdressed right? -_-

Jiyong chuckles seeing the text he received from Chaerin and turn to his side while laying on his bed.

To: Wild Brat

7.50pm: Casual and comfortable.

 

He remembered his conversation with his hommies this afternoon

 

 

“Where do you guys bring your dates?” Jiyong ask the three of them who is occupied with their own lunch.

All of them turn to look at him with questionable look on their faces.

“Random question~” Jiyong justified himself with his poker face. Only Youngbae smirk in return because he knew about his little secret.

“Because my girl love to dance, so I usually bring her to clubs and dance our aces off until we’re tired, grab some late supper and hang out at her or my place.. That’s when we really want to have fun and go crazy and wild” Daesung mumbles while munching his rice.

“That’s your definition of crazy and wild?” Seungri rolls his eyes. “If I were to bring a lady-“

”Nobody asking you~” Jiyong cuts him off and Seungri shoots his glare at him.

“Dara… she loves to cuddle and snuggle, because she rarely have time off, so she just love to slack off in her pad… so we usually hang out together, watch movies the whole day and cook together and end the night with….you know…” he raised his eyebrow.

“God~~~~ borrrriiiiiiinnnnnnggggggg~” Seungri yawn. “Well, for me…”

“Well, sometimes I’ll go do something out of the ordinary with Min… Sometimes, she has dancing gigs overseas and I’ll surprise her and we go totally spontaneous and try out different kinds of foods you know… it’ll be a good memory for us..” Daesung cut Seungri from saying anything further.

“That’s exciting…” Jiyong exchange looks with Youngbae and Daesung while nodding.

“ you guys… I’m still here” He wave around his chopsticks but they pretended to not see or heard anything.

Seeing no response from his friends, Seungri mumbles “ing s…”

“Somebody sulking like a girl” Youngbae laugh followed by the other two.

“Oh…baby, you mad?” Daesung pinches his cheek and Seungri only stare at him.

“ you guys… you should actually ask for my opinions… I am the masters of dates, if not… how else would I be able to tap all that women with V.I?” he smirk and wink at his junk.

“He named his ~” Youngbae gasping while saying it to Daesung and Jiyong who is repulsed by it.

“What? It Short for Victory, Seungri.. Get it? Get it?” he said with a hint of pride on his face.

“You seriously need help man…” Daesung shakes his head.

“You’re the one who needs help.. You haven’t even have with your girl… I mean, come on…”

Daesung scoff. “Unlike you, it’s special for me, it’s not just .. It’s more than that… heck, why would I need to explain these things to you? Not like you would understand anyway~”

“Fair enough” Seungri brushes it off, not offended at all.

“So.. What’s your idea of a fine date?” Jiyong can’t believe himself he asks Seungri about it.

“I thought you never ask~” he smirk. The rest of the guys turn away their attention from him not wanting to entertain his boasting.

“Listen.. If you guys want to go on a date… well, if you followed my tips, you may get laid on the first date, but I highly doubt it… so…”

“Are we seriously listening to this?” Youngbae rolls his eyes.

“Let feed his ego and just listen” Jiyong shrug his shoulder to Daesung and Youngbae.

“ it..” Daesung said and with that all three listens diligently to Seungri.

“Never knew the day you guys asking me for advice will come” the boasting starts.

Seeing the guys are starting to leave the table he immediately retorts “Yahh… fine, fine… Geezz, sit down.. Listen, how do you want to make a girl fall head over heel for you?”

They stare at him blankly. Deep down inside, Jiyong is listening and paying attention on whatever the ert is trying to say. Among all of them, Seungri had encountered with countless of women with different characteristics anyways. So, there might be little bit of input he can use here.

“You guys are hopeless.. Simple. Listen, agree and protect. Listen to whatever crap the girl is saying. Probably they would talk about their day in the office, about their cat or dog or how ty their best friends are.. Just be a good listener, just nod here and there and keep on making acceptable eye contact. You don’t want to scare your date by looking deep into her eyes like you want to eat her.”

The guys nod. Satisfied with their reaction, he continued.

“Number 2, agree. Even when you’re not. That’s the trick. It’s an extension to point number 1. When you agree, it shows that you listen. You don’t want to argue with a girl, because you never win. Never. But! Be careful of tricky question such as “I’m fat, right?” or “She’s prettier than me, right?” IT’S A TRAP…” he emphasizes the last word and sip on his drink.

They laugh and both Youngbae and Daesung chuckles while recalling some of the moments with their significant other. Probably they encountered some of what Seungri have said.

“Last, protect. I’m not saying you should protect her like a bodyguard, you know? Protect here is acting like a gentlemen. Open the door for her, fight for her… if her order mistakenly given to her, then you make it right. Make her feel safe beside you… Once you have that impression over her, then it’s a win already. When you finally want to pursue her to be your girlfriend, she’ll say yes.. Trust me…” he winks and show a cheesy expression.

‘Crap. Listen, understand and protect huh? Then I ed up. All I did was argue with her all the time..’ Jiyong rolls his eyes.

“But… umm… if you start on the wrong foot with a girl? Then how would you make it right?” all of them turn to look at Jiyong.

“That would be a bit tricky, then your first date should be amazing and memorable enough to overlap that bad impression she had on you… I say spontaneous like Daesung says but still interesting and exciting you know. Something that can show her who you really are… So, who’s that girl?”

Jiyong flinched when Seungri asked and cough “No one.. I’m just asking dude..”

“Stop ing with us Ji, is Sohee back?” he raised his eyebrow.

Daesung nod and Jiyong sigh while looking at Youngbae. Youngbae nod giving encouragement to Jiyong.

‘ it.’

“It’s not Sohee, it’s somebody else. That’s it.. No more questions” he put up his serious expression. Daesung and Seungri can’t help but form a smile.

“It’s about time bro~” Daesung pat his back which soften his expression and he smirks.

“Ji… I’m genuinely, honestly happy for you…that you could finally… finally let your juice out of the system~” Seungri pat his back as well and getting a smack on his head in return.

“Good luck~” Youngbae squeeze his shoulder before they continue on with their topic that day.

They finished their lunch hour giving points and tips to Jiyong as a preparation. Finally absorbing everything in his head, he’s quite thankful at Seungri who gives a lot of ideas to him minus the ual remarks he throws once in a while. He’s prepared for the date.

 

************************************

‘ ’

Chaerin has been waiting for the clock to strike at 8am. She’s been up since 5am, practicing her Yoga to gain mental preparation for the date today. She’s been fixing her make up since 7am. She remembered what Bom said.

“Be presentable, but you don’t want to look trying too hard. Moderation! Make up is essential, but not too much, natural natural natural!! Be seductive yet decent enough to make him quiver”

“Okay, this is natural enough… light eyeliner.. Pink cheeks, rosy lips… Givenchy black skinny jeans and this white see through top should do the trick right? It’s casual~” she said to herself. She looks stunning. She wore a tube inside the white shirt to cover her girls, but her belly is showing, a hint of y. “Perfect” she said to herself.

*Ring*

Chaerin glance at the clock, its 8am sharp and she gasp.

‘Okay.. 1, 2, 3, 4….. 10” she counts until 10 before opening the door not wanting to look excited for the date. She let out a big sigh before she opens the door.

“Hey…” she sounds as casual as possible. She wonders how he can just stand there and make her heart flutter immediately. Jiyong is wearing Balmain cropped cargo pants, HBA sweatshirt with his Saint Laurent shoes. Definitely casual. Suddenly she feels overdressed and hides herself behind the door.

“Morning…. What are you doing?” he holds the door open and went inside while chuckling.

“I’m overdressed…” she hides her face behind her long black locks.

“You look perfect” he tuck her hair behind her ears and Chaerin flinched. “Maybe not that though…” he points the heels she’s wearing.

“Oh…” she looks at him who is having a different vibe today. Far from his usual cold self. Nice first impression.

“How about these…” he pulls out her Pierre Hardy white calf sneaker and places it beside her feet. He began to remove the heels she’s wearing to apply the shoes to her feet but Chaerin pull away her feet.

‘I’m not ready to die over this fasten heartbeat yet Jiyong!!’

“Err, it’s okay… I can wear them myself…”

“Today….” He pull back her feet and look into her eyes “Let me treat you…” he take off the right heel and slips the shoes to her feet and takes her other feet “Like how you deserve to be treated…” he finishes and smile.

‘Smooth Ji…. Very smooth’ he thought to himself.

He studies her from head to toe “Perfect…” Jiyong move out and hold the door for her “Are you ready for an unforgettable and amazing date?” he winks and Chaerin froze, she swears her heart skips a beat just now.

“Sure…” she replied smiling while composing herself. She grabbed her jacket, her DSLR and her purse before being led by Jiyong.

Chaerin waited for a cheesy move from Jiyong to open the car door for her but he didn’t and she’s relief. It would’ve been too weird.

“So, may I know where we’re heading now?” Chaerin asks when they are on the road.

“Have you eaten breakfast yet?”

“Nope… are we going for breakfast?”

“Perfect… and um.. No, we’re not going for breakfast…”

“So, where are we going this early?”

“You’ll see…” he glances at her and show a playful smile.

 

*************************************

 

“What are we doing here in Yuldong Park?” Chaerin look around started getting nervous, wearing her jacket and the camera around her neck.

‘Don’t tell me we’re going…’

Suddenly they heard a loud scream from on top and Chaerin froze at the sight she’s seeing. Jiyong turn to look at Chaerin who is now losing her soul and chuckles.

“Let’s go…” he said and Chaerin desperately trying to get back in the car.

“No… Freaking NOOO!! You have to kill me first in order to get me up there…”

“It will be completely safe…” he grab her arms but she pulls herself back and start fanning herself while walking back and forth in front of him.

“No…no… please, let’s do something else… Let’s swim in the lake instead…” she grab his colar and Jiyong chuckles.

“I can’t swim.. Chae…” he call out her name and release her hands slowly. Chaerin stop at the mention of her name.

“Nothing bad will happen.. I promise…” he held her hand. The touch of Jiyong’s hand feels like magic. It calms her down instantly.

“Trust me…” he said and tighten the grip. Chaerin nod and let him lead her to the tower while praying for her life.

Still praying for her life, she closed her eyes and doesn’t realized that she was holding his hand the whole time they are in the elevator riding to the top. Jiyong smile looking at her troubled face before pulling her closer to him. “It’s going to be fine…” he whisper to her ear.

Chaerin nods nervously holding onto his arm when they finally arrived at the top. Jiyong does all the talking and he was also the one who put away their stuff into the locker. She’s too busy looking at her surrounding calculating the damage it would do to her body if the strap snaps and she fell hard onto the water.

“I would die..” she mumbles and Jiyong look at her.

“Don’t worry, you’re not going to die…”

“I’m going to die and it’s your entire fault…. Yah bring me down!!” the panic start kicking in and she release her hands from Jiyong wrapping it around her body tightly.

“Chaerin… chae…listen…”

“No…No!! It will snap!! And I’m going to fall down and break my neck… Bring me down… Bring me down…” she begged him frantically and the instructor just watch them blankly. He probably had seen this scene so many times already. He gives them room and Jiyong cupped her face trying to gain her attention.

“Chae… listen to me…” he look into her eyes and finally getting her attention, Chaerin touch his hands on her face.

“I’m scared…” she whimpers.

“I know you do… I am too, I get that. It’s a new experience… It’s unusual, but that’s the challenge.. Everything’s going to be fine…”

“You probably had done this… easy for you to say…”

“Believe it or not, this is my first time too... There’s nobody else I want to do this with aside from you.. When you reach that moment, where you finally realize that you’re falling but completely safe, that’s when the magic happens.. The weightlessness, the bliss, the euphoria of having done something no sane person would ordinarily do. Will you take this challenge with me?” Jiyong finishes and all of Chaerin’s worry is washed away by his gaze and comforting speech. Shutting her eyes tightly, unknowingly, she nods and Jiyong smile. Taking her by her hand once more, he led them out of the practice room and meets the instructor.

“We are ready..”

After talking with the instructor, Jiyong turn to look at Chaerin and release his hand slowly from her “I’ll go first okay… I promise I’ll come back up, wait for me…” he smile and Chaerin nod letting out a sigh.

“Jiyong… careful..” she call out after Jiyong being prepped by the instructors.

“Always..” he turn around and took a few steps back on the platform. Chaerin hold her breath as she sees him running to the end of the platform and took his leap of faith. He looks so serene and relaxed when doing it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter