Eighty one

Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Brace yourselves for a long chapter!

 

Eighty one

 

Suzy smiled as she could swear she felt him giving a gentle kiss to her forehead. She felt the sheer silky fabric underneath her, an obvious change from last night’s sands. She realised he must’ve carried her to bed. She turned to face him, only to find his side empty.

 

She frowned as she lazily rubbed her eyes, looking around the room. It was still early morning.

 

She hugged the bed sheets, standing and planning to search for him. She stopped upon noting a small box and a note on the bedside drawer.

 

‘Missing me already?’ She rolled her eyes at the cheekiness. ‘The box is for you’

 

She reached for the box with an excited grin on her face.

 

She gasped as she was greeted with a dazzling sight. It was a glass, heart shaped pendant with pressed white, blue and red baby breath. She stared in awe at the necklace.

 

‘Because if you have baby breath, your love will last forever. I want nothing more’ he wrote inside the box.

 

She beamed, picking the necklace and wearing it in front of the mirror. Her eyes narrowed at another pink hued note on the dressing table.

 

‘I think I’m becoming a professional makeup artist thanks to you’ she giggled. She was suspecting that there are more notes in the room.

 

She glanced around, discovering another one on bed. She raced over with a grin. She had to thank him for making sure the notes are in bright colours, knowing how bad she is with finding things.

 

‘With your terrible morning temper, waking you is a mission reserved for the bravest of men’ she frowned. ‘But the smile you give me, right after you wake up, is so soft and heavenly that I can’t wait for the next morning to have it again. Knowing that I’m the first person to receive your smile everyday is so special to me’

 

She held the note close to her heart as she finished reading. He managed to give her such warm, fuzzy feelings so early. It was an accomplishment, even for him.

 

She wore her sleep robe as she left their room. She almost choked at the memo on the door.

 

‘You’re always so y with your bed hair and tiny sleeping gowns; I almost want to lock you back in our bedroom for a couple of days.’

 

She remained frozen before clearing and walking down the stairs. She leaned over the handrail as duct tape was supporting another paper.

 

‘I’ll chase you down, and then up the stairs every day, that can be our morning exercise from now on.’

 

Shaking her head, she tried to fight a grin. She wondered what was up with him that day. It was certainly entertaining though.

 

The bathroom mirror was covered with small messages.

 

‘It was because of you pouting that I bought my very first Sensodyne toothpaste with the unmanly, pastel pink shade’ the troubled expression on his face when he first opened it was present in her memory. ‘I don’t think I’ll ever feel the same if it doesn’t greet me twice a day’

 

She was caught in a soft fit of giggles, mostly at all the kawaii emotions he decorated the notes with.

 

She picked another one. ‘After much postponing, I’m always the one to brush my teeth first on winter so you get the warmer water’ that was true, they always sleep late on winters because they’re both so stubborn, yet she always wins eventually. ‘Because, let’s face it, I do better aegyo, but your smallest, most unintentional pouts melt my heart’

 

‘They look so cute together don’t they?’ she nodded as the note was attached on their toothbrushes.

 

She stepped into the kitchen, hoping to find him there. She was beginning to worry. She found a note on the kitchen door.

 

‘A onetime confession I’ll never repeat: you make the best, tastiest pancakes, it always helps to start my day’

 

That note will be saved in a bank, considering how he insists he makes it better.

 

Suzy looked around the place, trying to search for utensils to make breakfast, even if he was nowhere to be found.

 

She stood on her toes, trying to reach for the cupboards. ‘My favourite thing about you cooking is that I get to lift you when you try to reach for tools’ she read on the handle. Fetching a chair, she could imagine his arms going around her.

 

‘You’re in perfect height you see, tall enough to kiss you so easily, and still small enough for your head to go right on my heart when I hug you’ this one was on the pan. He seemed to remember every move she makes. The next step in their usual morning routine was tea.

 

The kettle was already on the oven, inside was another one. ‘I believe that’s why I love hugging you so much; no one else can fit so well’

 

She picked another one on the oven. ‘Remember how obsessed you were with mayo when you made your first few meals?’ her head leaned to a side, trying hard to recall. She didn’t believe she used any mayonnaise. ‘At least I hope that was mayo’ she tried not to laugh as she finished reading.

 

He had left her another one in one of the cups. ‘A few days ago when we sat in the garden, you didn’t notice it, but I kept looking at you. You were far more beautiful than the warm summer morning, you always are’

 

He didn’t take his phone as it was in front of her on the dining table, above it was another memo. ‘Your photos have been my background and screen saver for a few years now; I don’t think any sight could be more beautiful’

 

Unlocking his phone with a smile, she was greeted with a photo of them, with her in his embrace on the beach. It was from last night. It replaced the old one, of her smiling widely while pointing at her cheek for him to kiss. Of course, he kissed her lips instead once the photo was taken.

 

The tray had another one. ‘Next time when I get sick, and you bring me food in bed, don’t let your eyes show all the worry, it breaks my hearts to see you like that. You don’t know that the gentle smile on your lips, every time, is enough to heal me’

 

Her eyes were widening by the second at the sweet messages. She carried the food, making her way to the living room. As she’d expected, there were many on the couch.

 

 ‘There are a lot of pink items in our place, results of dating you, but my favourite one would have to be the sofa you insisted on buying’

 

She recalled the trip to the store they made that day, since she told him his all-white couch was depressing her. It was a cold winter day with a lot of rain, they were frozen by the time they finally settled on a couch, more like she convinced him to buy the pink one. They cuddled on it the first thing once it was delivered, and it led to a wonderful opening as well

 

‘It’s so puffy, soft, and perfect for ’ she flushed as she continued reading the no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter