Sixty nine

Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sixty nine

 

It was evening and he was reading a book. It was a very interesting book about embracing life and enjoying the little moments. He thought she’d like that and that they could read it together, but she told him it was too depressive, that’s why he was reading the book alone in bed while she was studying downstairs, supposedly.

 

She walked into their bedroom and slowly climbed the bed to join him, obviously exhausted. He offered his arm and she rested her head on his chest instead, obviously asking for a hug. The book was pretty remarkable and he was going to finish it soon. He decided to hold her waist with one hand and continue with the book. The next paragraph, the author was asking readers to imagine what their life would be like, if they never met their loved ones again. That sentence really moved him. “Baby?” she faced him.

 

“What would you if you never met the ones you care about again?”

 

”I told you that book is depressing oppa” she simply replied and he chuckled. She went back to his embrace, her hand feeling his chest. “I’m getting sleepy” she ended her sentence with a pout.

 

“Then go to sleep”

 

“I can’t with the lights open” he sighed and placed the book on the side table.

 

“I’m spoiling you” she giggled and sank deeper into his arms, finally satisfied with the embrace she received. He turned off the light and softly caressed her hair.

 

She was quiet and he figured she fell asleep; she usually drifted to sleep before him. He felt her taking his hand and holding it, obviously not sleeping yet.

 

And that was when it hit him. What if they never met again?

 

If he never met her again… he couldn’t really imagine what he’d feel like. He pictured that she wouldn’t be there as he walks home, kissing him and giving him a tight hug when he gets tired.

 

She sleepily kissed his cheek and he couldn’t help but think about what he’d feel like if that was the last kiss she ever gave him. “Oppa is something wrong?” she asked as she slowly fixed her position to face him.

 

“Nothing baby”

 

If they never met again, she wouldn’t be there to be so concerned for him whenever he does anything as simple as heaving a sigh. “Are you sure about that?” he gently pressed her back to lie. He wouldn’t have anyone to hold, even when he’s deep asleep. He won’t wake up to find her peacefully sleeping in his arms either.

 

Just before dawn that night, he woke up to her scream. He switched her over and laid her on the pillow, shanking her shoulders. She whimpered as she woke up, relaxing as she saw him staring down at her.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter