Fifty three

Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Fifty three

 

He was exhausted that day. He had so much work to do; she took the car so he had to walk to a station so far away from his university. He received a call on his way. It was his friend from college. He told him he was hosting a small reunion with all their class mates that evening in his place.

 

“I’m home baby” he called out as he unlocked the door.

 

She was by his side in seconds, taking his folder and bouncing up to meet his lips. “I missed you” she told him as she broke the kiss.

 

“I missed you more”

 

“Can we go out tonight oppa? I’m bored” she ended her statement with a pout and he chuckled.

 

“Remember Seuk Hyun? He invited me for a gathering tonight. Do you want to come?”

 

She excitedly nodded. “Do I know anyone?”

 

“I don’t think so. It’ll be fun though”

 

---

 

He felt like he was about to faint and the occasion didn’t even start yet. He asked her to drive saying he wanted her to develop her skills, truth was, he was afraid he’d sleep on the steering wheel.

 

She glanced over. He seemed to be having a nap against the window. She decided to be quiet, finally waking him up when they arrived.

 

She was greeted by a wave of men launching for her boyfriend. That would’ve been quite an interesting sentence, except those men were his college friends. She was moved; she imagined that’d be her friends seven years ahead. The hugs lasted and got more… passionate, while she was standing some distance away.

 

He was about to hug some of his female friends when he imagined the sermon she’d give him. He simply shook hands with them instead. She was by his side almost immediately. It didn’t take long for him to figure out why. Some distance away, Choi Sunhye was standing by the grill. He was condemned.

 

“Seung gi-ah!” it didn’t take long for her to see him either. She made her way toward him and greeted them. While Suzy was quite bothered by her, he didn’t want to lose her friendship. Truth was, they were good friends and she was so nice. That’s why she felt comfortable enough to give him a hug. He was so condemned.

 

“Oh hello. I didn’t notice you. It’s Sunny right?” she asked her and he could notice her veins surfacing so dangerously close to her skin.

 

“Suzy” she answered with a plastered smile.

 

Seuk Hyun walked toward them and offered them cocktail glasses. He really needed the alcohol right now. “Aren’t you too young to drink?” Sunhye asked when she picked up a glass. The glass was about to break under her shrinking clench.

 

---

 

Sunhye went a bit too far that day. It didn’t help that there was alcohol. He knew she loses control when she drinks. Back when they were dating, she had him through all sorts of colourful situations, that’s why he rarely ever drinks.

 

“Does she think it’s normal to hug a man like that?” She was criticizing her ever since they left. He was driving since he imagined her temper would cause them a car crash.

 

“We were friends for so long baby”

 

She made a face in reply. “You were more than friends” she fell quiet after that little comment and he decided to let it go.  “And what’s with her hair? Did she have an accident with a power socket?” he sighed. “She’s just too skinny. How did you have with her?”

 

Her statement caused him to hit the brake pedal in shock, earning him horns and some very nice gestures from the cars behind him. “That has nothing to do with being skinny”

 

“You should know” she simply replied while scowling. He should’ve just stayed in bed all day.

 

---

 

“It’s really nothing baby, I promise. You know I love you” she was giving him the silent treatment. That was the worst punishment for him since he was so used on her liveliness around him. “I’m really tired. Can’t we just delay this? You can fight with me all you want tomorrow. Just come to bed yeah?”  She decided to ignore him, tuning her back to him and switching to another channel.

 

He tried to kiss her but she avoided it. He kissed her forehead instead. “Goodnight baby” he sighed when she didn’t answer again. “You’ll still sleep in my arms right?” he gave her a smile. Disappointed when she didn’t return; he went to their bedroom, hoping she’d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter