Fifty nine

Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Fifty nine

 

Dating someone whose father is a taekwondo instructor is a very exciting experience. He really cared about him, but was always secretly afraid he’d cut him. The first few days after they moved in together, he had continuous nightmares revolving around her father chasing after him with a stick. She never knew about any of those dreams. Of course it was much better now and he came to really love him and consider him as family. Her father’s speciality also meant that his girlfriend was in fact a warrior, a very fierce, brutal warrior. 

 

 

That day seemed like a very peaceful, calm morning. He was at work while she went to college like usual. It was spring and she decided to walk, enjoying the blooming trees on the way back.

 

 

She saw a man trying to grab a young lady’s purse. The poor girl tried to call for help but no one seemed to pay attention. That was when she knew she had to do something. Her father always taught her to defend the ones that need protection. It was simply not right to ignore it.

----

 

He was sitting in bed. He was reading a book while she buried herself in the blankets. He knew the mere mention of what happened that day would earn him a deadly stare. Perhaps he’d end up like the pitiable guy on the 6 pm news.

 

 

He heard her mumbling something. “Melon pie? You want a melon pie?” she lifted her head for the first time that evening.

 

 

“I said I want to die. How did you even catch that as melon pie?”

 

 

“I can’t understand you when you’re making out with the pillows. You’ve been in bed all day now; don’t you think you’re exaggerating? I’m sure no one saw it anyway”

 

 

“Do you really think so?” she gave him a pout. “No one watches the news these days anyway baby” he caressed her back. She was easing up a bit. He really didn’t think that many people saw it, aside from all his colleagues at work, half his students, and both their parents.

 

 

She finally gave him a smile and sat up in bed. She leaned against his arm and switched on the television. He went back to his book.

 

 

“You better run!” he looked up. He tried his best not to laugh.

 

 

“A local actor was battered by a young woman today, who holds a black belt in taekwondo. She was under the impression that the actor was in fact a pickpocket, failing to see the filming site, cameras and lights. No charges were pressed as it caused no serious injuries. Still, this video never fails to make me laugh”

 

 

 The newscaster then proceeded to snigger while they played the video of her beating the guy, for the fourth time that day. He was trying to suppress it but eventually busted in laughter. He stopped when she went back under the blankets and begun to sniffle.

 

 

“Baby I’m sorry” he turned off the TV and tried to tug the blankets off. “I’m really sorry. Ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter