Sixty seven

Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That 'I just touched her ' look :D I'm helpless... just ignore me...

 

Sixty seven

 

He sighed as he gulped on his coffee, getting prepared for his following lecture. He secretly hoped some coffee would spill on the shirt he wore. It was the floral shirt she fell for. While he hoped leaving it at the very end of the wardrobe would make her forget about it, he was very wrong.

 

She told him to wear it when they were changing in the morning. He wanted to argue but she pouted, ending their discussion with him putting it on.

 

His students will be delighted to see all the flowers!

-----

 

She was standing at the entrance of the lecture hall. She was trying to determine whether to walk in or not. She was supposed to take the car that day to go to college. She left early and felt bad about having him walk back home so she decided to drive to take him back.

 

He was supposed to leave around an hour later, that’s why she was waiting in the canteen, but she always wanted to see him schooling. The lecture seemed to have just begun and she wasn’t really likely to be noticed.

 

“Our lecture today will be about human emotions” she beamed as she looked at him in between the students. He just looked amazing with that shirt she insisted on getting him. More colorful clothes for him.

 

“How many of you here ever felt in love?” He was very different from her professors. He was so handsome and manly standing there…

 

Her thoughts broke as some students raised hands, obviously as a reply to his question, whatever that was. “How many of you felt that it was the most significant feeling you’d ever experience?” he smiled in reply as they raised hands again.

 

“Love is, according to this course, an overrated feeling. It’s simply not as special as people describe it. It’s often a sense of familiarity, of wanting to keep that person by your side. That’s what we mistakenly define as love”

 

That hurt. She was hearing the man she fell for, who told her he loves her, saying that he didn’t believe in love. Her smile fell as she stood there listening to him explaining all about the hormones, philosophies and enlightenments on love, reaching to an end result that it was a trivial element of life. “That’s why most relationships don’t work” he concluded.

 

“But then again, what’s wrong with that? Of wanting to spend all your time with that person close to you, wanting to care for, hold and support that person through every little event. What’s wrong with wanting to devote the rest of your life for one person? is that not considered to be special?”

 

She turned back to see a very warm smile on his face, the one he usually reserved for her. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter