One hundred

Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One hundred

 

“I’m going to kill him.”

 

“Who?”

 

Hyo Ri jumped to find Suzy sceptically watching. “No one”

 

“Isn’t my makeup over the board?” Suzy asked Yoon jinn, who assured her everything was fine.

 

A small period of peace occurred right before Suzy fell to the floor and begun hyperventilating once more. “What if he doesn’t want to anymore? There are so many others… what if I get old and cranky and he doesn’t love me anymore.”

 

“You’ve always been perfect together, Suzy.” Her friend commented as she rubbed her back.

 

“Besides, he’s a good man.”

 

“He really is,” Suzy bit her lip as she finally resurfaced from the paper bag. “And I love him.” a chuckle escaped her. “I love him so much.”

 

“And he’s here to prove the same” Mrs Bae smiled.

 

Hyo Ri took her chance to sneak out of the room to dial Seung gi once more, resulting in another unanswered call. “I’m so going to kill him.” she swore.

 

“Who?” the reply came from the other side of the line.

 

She winced. “No one.”

 

He chuckled. “Is she cussing already?”

 

“Suzy doesn’t know yet” he could hear her talking to a worker before getting back to him. “Why are you taking so long? She’s already a wreck of nerves.” she reprimanded.

 

“It’s not my fault!”

 

Seung gi explained that a traffic accident occurred right before he reached the highway. A truck swerved to avoid smashing into another, hitting the crash barrier and blocking all movement along the street. He assured Hyo Ri that he’ll make it on time, and hung up.

 

“How on earth will I make it on time?” he sulked. “I can’t be late to my own wedding!”

 

“I don’t think they’ll clear the road soon” his cousin announced.

 

“Why thank you for the shot of optimism!”

 

“However…”  Yonghyuk interrupted. “I came prepared.” He leaned to the glovebox to take out trainers, smirking.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Quite.”

 

---

 

 

Seung gi heard his own steps as his black leather oxfords clicked on the solid floor. From his post, he could only see a group of chairs with sweat pea flowers bonded to its back. A man in blue carried some and hurried across the garden.

 

Though it was the end of spring now, and humid atmosphere was well expected, the air was rather breezy. Frequent clouds covered the sun, providing a temperature he could imagine Suzy describing as ‘just right’. Perhaps it’ll get colder near the evening, but he couldn’t care less.

 

Peruvian lilies, tulips and carnation they had picked together wrapped the venue with an intimate mood and delicate scents.

 

Careful not to mess his charcoal tux and rose boutonniere, he undid his neck tie and used it to cover his eyes. That was Hyo Ri’s condition to take Suzy out to see him before the wedding to calm her. The small period of separation they had built up a feeling he couldn’t quite figure, he was only sure he missed her dearly.

 

Just then, he could hear footsteps.

 

“Oppa?” Seung gi heard her voice, followed by a small gasp. He could tell she tripped with her heels and probably long dress.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked.

 

“It’s alright” Suzy chuckled. She was also blindfolded, as agreed.

 

She stopped near the pillar where he stood and leaned her back against it. She reached her hand out and sensed the soft fabric of his tuxedo; she let go just before touching his skin. “I missed you,” she spoke in a whisper.

 

“Me too, and I was told my bride is scared.”

 

“Not scared,” she objected. “Nervous is a more suitable expression.”

 

He chuckled. “About what?”

 

“I had a bad feeling, like you’d be late or…” she swallowed, “that you’d change your mind.”

 

“I’d run across roads for you, baby.” quite literally, but she didn’t need to know that now. “You’re a part of me,” he swore. “In any other version of reality, you’d be the one for me. In no realm will I ever seek other than your kisses.”

 

His words fell right to her soul. Only he possessed such power. He heard her gentle sigh. “I’m thinking about getting naughty and kissing my future husband before we’re allowed to.”

 

He chuckled. “We’ll have a lifetime of that”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter