Chapter 42

Virtual Heart Shape Means Love?

After Kyuhyun and Jongwoon hang up (although of course, it’s still Yesung for Kyuhyun), he stands up from where he’s sitting and decides that it’s probably time to go home. He still wants to call Sooyeon and check on her but it’s getting dark and he doesn’t exactly know where he is, though he figures it should be some place at Seoul he hasn’t frequented much. He can see buses and taxis so it shouldn’t be far from the university considering that he only ran to get where he is.

He decides to walk first although he doesn’t really have any idea where to go from there.

Surprisingly (and unsurprisingly), Kyuhyun finds the place and the neighborhood rather very familiar, like he’s been there before. No, not like he’s been there before because that means he’s been there once or a few times but for Kyuhyun, it’s like he’s spent so much time there before, like there’s a significant part of his life that he spent there, in that place, but Kyuhyun can’t quite place it. He knows that all his life, before going to the university and living away from his parents in the university dorm, he lived with his parents, in the same neighborhood where he first met Sooyeon.

No matter how much Kyuhyun digs his brain for memory and recollection of when he was there, he can’t come up with anything that it actually makes his head ache.

Giving up, Kyuhyun decides that it’s probably just a hunch and with everything that’s happening, he decides that this isn’t the best time to think about a place where he could have been. He still needs to check on Sooyeon, after all, and maybe think of what he’ll do with Yoona when he sees her. He might not have any evidence against her but he still knows she was the one who did that to Sooyeon and Miyoung and Kyuhyun is not letting her get away from it.

‘If she really likes me, why is she hurting those who are important to me?’ Kyuhyun shakes his head even though he doesn’t realize that it’s not just Sooyeon he’s considering when he thinks that.

There’s also that moment when Yoona suddenly kisses him out of nowhere.

And Jongwoon’s expression after that.

Kyuhyun continues walking as the sun keeps on setting. Because he probably doesn’t know where he is or where he’s going, he doesn’t notice a car moving the same way he does, like it’s following Kyuhyun. He walks until he reaches a huge, huge, huge house. No, house is an absolute understatement. It looks like a mansion to Kyuhyun, a real estate.

He stares at it for a second and it amazes him how huge it is.

Fortunately (for Jongwoon) and unfortunately (for Kyuhyun), Kyuhyun is still gaping over the vastness of the mansion that he doesn’t notice Jongwoon almost walking up to him. Jongwoon immediately halts and turns the other way around, hiding behind the bushes on the corner of the street and staring wide-eyed because, ‘What the hell is Kyuhyun doing in front of our house?’

It doesn’t take long for Jongwoon to notice the ebony black car tailing after Kyuhyun’s every move.

, Jongwoon thinks. It will be very, very bad if they see him right now. Jongwoon continues walking backwards, leaving the vicinities of the street in front of their house when he sees Kyuhyun walking farther and farther away. He scolds himself for going back home when he realizes where Kyuhyun is but Jongwoon just wants to know if Kyuhyun’s really okay.

Jongwoon isn’t sure if they know already or if it’s just a suspicion as of the moment but no matter what, it’s not safe and damn, he’s going to make sure Kyuhyun is safe.

Kyuhyun continues finding his way home.

Jongwoon follows behind Kyuhyun, watching both Kyuhyun and the car.

Kyuhyun stops.

The car stops.

Jongwoon stops.

Suddenly, the car opens and two men in dark suits and dark sunglasses come out and walk fast to where Kyuhyun is. Jongwoon stares at the car’s open door but even though he didn’t, he’s knows who they are. He just wants to make sure who is he dealing with here.

Several meters away from Kyuhyun, Jongwoon is ready to leap out of his hiding place and drag Kyuhyun out of there. To hell with safety, Jongwoon thinks. Kyuhyun will never be safe if they get to him. But then, out of nowhere, Sungmin suddenly appears.

“Kyuhyun,” Sungmin says, walking towards Kyuhyun hastily, looking pass Kyuhyun at the two men in dark suits retreating back to the car and the car hurriedly driving away.

“Sungmin?” Kyuhyun looks surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, I saw you ran out of the university,” Sungmin explains, finally looking at Kyuhyun when the car is out of their sight. “And I followed you. I lost you and I was looking for you.”

“Really?” Kyuhyun looks amused. “Why did you do that?”

“You should have seen your face when you ran out of the university,” Sungmin shrugs, maintaining his usual composure and stoic face like he always do. “You look like you’re going to get yourself hit by a truck or something. How on earth am I going to explain that to your mother?”

Kyuhyun laughs and doesn’t argue because he realizes that Sungmin must be right, on going to get himself hit by a truck or something, before he talked to Yesung. Then, Sungmin leads the way to get the two of them out of that place and back to the university.

Jongwoon, on the other hand, still behind the post where he’s hiding can only let out a sigh of relief, leaning back against the post and muttering, “Thank you, Sungmin.”

That night, when Kyuhyun arrives at his room, after declining Sungmin’s suggestion that they go eat dinner first because it’s been one hell of a day for him and right then, all he wants to do is sleep and probably forget about everything for several hours, he sees a small package in front of his front door. He looks on his right and left, if there’s someone around and sees no one.

He picks up the package and goes inside, wondering what it is and who it’s from.

‘Peach Rings,’ it reads.

Along with it is a small piece of paper:

‘It’s difficult, but not impossible.’ I hope this can make you feel better, Baby Kyu! Good night! ^^

Kyuhyun can’t help the stupid grin (Kyuhyun’s words) that’s gracing his face as he dumps down his bag and opens the package.

 

 

 

A/N: I’m so happy that you’re still here, guys. Thank you so much! :’)