Chapter 2

Virtual Heart Shape Means Love?

A/N: Hi, here’s my first Author’s Notes for you, guys. First off, I love you all, for reading, for subscribing and for commenting. Second, I want to explain what a clan is on my story since some of you might be unfamiliar with it.

A clan is a virtual community, sort of like a community online, through instant messages/chat messages or a text community, through text messaging and/or phone calls. Most often than not, you meet people there only virtually. You only know them through the computer screen or your phone but you don’t actually have to know them personally.

So there, that’s a clan.

A clanmate is another person from the same clan, from the same virtual community.

Now, let’s get to the next chapter, shall we?

 

 

Kyuhyun waits for nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two… and the bell finally rings, ending first period and signaling that all students leave for their next periods, before immediately digging his phone from his pocket and looking if there are new and unread messages. Sure enough, smiling goofily, there are four messages from Yesung:

So, did you arrive in class late, baby Kyu?

I hope you didn’t~ I should have reminded you earlier..

I’ll call you tonight, okay? ^^

You don’t have to reply, Kyu~ Study well! Fighting ^^

Kyuhyun smiles, pressing Reply and typing:

I wasn’t late hyung~ And anyway, it isn’t your fault if I was >_< I’ll wait for you call tonight, hyung ^^

He hits sends and doesn’t notice that Sungmin, Donghae and Hyukjae are already beside him as they walk together out of the classroom.

“Where are you going, Hae?” Hyukjae asks Donghae when he notices the latter turn the opposite direction from their next period class. For their second period, Donghae and Hyukjae have class together on the right wing of the building while Kyuhyun and Sungmin have theirs on the left.

“Extraterrestrial Club,” Donghae grins. “Donghee told me they heard something from the newest…” And seriously, whatever Donghae said for the next one hundred and eighty seconds is lost to Hyukjae.

Hyukjae is only able to comprehend whatever Donghae is saying when Donghae finally says, “Tell the professor I feel sick, okay, Hyuk? I’ll see you third period.”

Donghae waves his hand to his friends and runs to their club room. Hyukjae shakes his head and says, “Poor Donghae. He’s living off in fantasy. Seriously, aliens?”

Sungmin shakes his head and says, in a matter-of-factly way, “For someone who calls a person talking to turtles weird, Donghae’s obviously not looking in the mirror.”

“Well, sometimes fantasy’s better than reality, hyung,” Kyuhyun mutters, not noticing the words that escape his mouth before he feels Hyukjae and Sungmin’s eyes digging holes on him.

“What? What did I say?” Kyuhyun asks, looking from his phone to Hyukjae and Sungmin because well, Yesung replied to his text after about fifteen seconds and obviously, Kyuhyun’s replying as well.

“You’re texting again, Kyu?” Sungmin asks back, looking at the younger man questionably.

Kyuhyun furrows his eyebrows and asks, “Is there something wrong with that, hyung?”

Sungmin looks like he’s about to say something else but then changes his mind and shuts his mouth close. “Let’s go, Kyu. We’ll be late,” Sungmin says. “We’ll see you at lunch, Hyukjae.”

Hyukjae turns to the right while Sungmin and Kyuhyun walk to the left.

Kyuhyun: Sometimes fantasy is better than reality, right, hyung?

Yesung: Why’d you ask, Kyu? Is there something bugging you?

Kyuhyun: Nothing, nothing! It’s just that… Sometimes, I’d rather think of you than talk to people around me.

If Kyuhyun is definitely telling the truth, he will tell Yesung that most of the time – if not all of the time – he’d rather think of Yesung than talk to those around him but he doesn’t want to sound like a depressed teenager to Yesung.

Yesung: So I’m the fantasy?

And Kyuhyun panics. Because what if Yesung got offended? What if Yesung didn’t like being regarded as only a fantasy for Kyuhyun even if that’s what Yesung is really to Kyuhyun? Not that Kyuhyun thinks Yesung doesn’t exist but it’s the opposite. It’s Kyuhyun who doesn’t exist in Yesung’s world.

Yesung’s just so much that Kyuhyun can’t fathom if he’ll ever be enough, if he’ll ever be right to be with him.

And he hasn’t even met Yesung in flesh. Yesung has been all but a virtual friend, a perfect man for Kyuhyun but even though that was the case, Kyuhyun feels like Yesung was too much for him.

Kyuhyun: No no no hyung! That’s not it! It’s not what you think! That’s not what I meant.

Kyuhyun swears that the panic in his message is very, very obvious.

Yesung: What do you mean then?

Kyuhyun: Whether fantasy or reality, as long as you’re there, will be fine with me. I guess that’s what I mean hyung…

Kyuhyun feels it’s cheesy but he can’t think of any alternative answer to Yesung’s question. Besides, it feels right and Kyuhyun thinks that’s all it has to be.

He waits for Yesung’s reply but it takes more than his and Yesung’s usual less than thirty minutes reply and Kyuhyun thinks that maybe, Yesung’s already on his next class. But even if Kyuhyun’s thinking that very possible reason as to why he hasn’t received Yesung’s reply yet, if Yesung will ever reply to him again – God forbid Yesung won’t reply to him – Kyuhyun’s still holding his phone, waiting for it to light until finally, Sungmin turns to him and says, “The professor has arrived, Kyu.”

Kyuhyun forcibly pushes his phone to his pocket after quickly changing it from silent mode to vibrate mode even though whenever he is feeling his phone vibrate on his pocket, he feels like he is seriously being electrified.

It doesn’t vibrate until the first bell of the third period.

Yesung: Fantasy or reality will be better for me wherever you are, Kyu… That’s my answer to your question. ^^

Sungmin can’t figure out why Kyuhyun’s smiling idiotically until lunch when Hyukjae points it out, “Something good happened to you, Kyuhyun?”

“Huh? What, hyung?” Kyuhyun asks absentmindedly, texting with his two hands.

“Never mind,” Hyukjae shrugs while Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun knowingly.

Just then, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun’s friend from the university choir, arrives and puts his arm around Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun irritably removes Ryeowook’s hand but asks, “What’s up, Wookie?” And it actually surprises Sungmin, Donghae and Hyukjae because if Kyuhyun’s texting, nobody and nothing can make him talk. But somehow, this Ryeowook guy…

“Change of venue for choir practice later,” Ryeowook says, sitting in between Sungmin and Kyuhyun, not quite minding but certainly must be noticing that the seat’s only made for two.

Kyuhyun only nods, still texting while Ryeowook explains where they’ll be practicing later.

“Sometimes fantasy is better than reality, hm?” Sungmin suddenly hums quietly that nobody other than Ryeowook who’s been sitting exceptionally closer than usual to Sungmin hears.

Then, Kyuhyun’s phone suddenly vibrates again and Ryeowook smiles. “Speaking of fantasy…”