Chapter 1

Virtual Heart Shape Means Love?

Cho Kyuhyun wakes up cheerily, to the point where he is humming love songs while folding his covers, swaying while making his toast and coffee and jumping wherever he goes. Truthfully, nothing is wrong with Cho Kyuhyun. It’s just that he spent eight hours straight last night, from eight in the evening until four this morning talking to Yesung, his clanmate.

Kyuhyun doesn’t even mind that his class starts at seven in the morning and he only got three hours of sleep because right after waking up, he texts Yesung:

Are you awake, sleepyhead? You’re gonna be late. Wake up!

And it’s not that Kyuhyun actually knows Yesung’s schedule. But he does, actually. He knows that Yesung is a university student, like he is, but Yesung is two years older. Kyuhyun is only a freshman and Yesung is a junior.

After about two minutes and thirty four seconds, and not that Kyuhyun is staring at his phone while distractedly gulping his coffee, Yesung replies:

Hey, you wake up earlier than me, Kyu! I woke up to your text. A good start of the day!

Kyuhyun grins. And he immediately puts down his mug to reply, two-handedly, because Kyuhyun actually thinks that it’s faster to type down things with two hands even though that actually makes him look like a text addict.

Kyuhyun: I’m touched~ ^^ Are you eating breakfast already?

Yesung: Nope! I’m staring at my phone, waiting for your replies~ ^^ You?

Kyuhyun: Goodness, hyung! Eat breakfast~ Your class starts at eight, right? Eat eat eat!

Kyuhyun waits for more than a minute, unusual because when he is texting with Yesung, it only takes about less than thirty seconds for the other to reply. He patiently waits, though, because Yesung might be making himself a toast or something.

Yesung: I miss you, Kyuhyun~

Kyuhyun: Hyung, we just talked last night until this morning. ^^

But Kyuhyun smiles at Yesung’s text because believe it or not, he misses Yesung, too. Like an hour or so of not talking to Yesung seems like a decade or a century. It’s crazy but Kyuhyun would talk to Yesung rather than sleep, eat, take a bath or go to his classes.

Yesung: I know~ but I want to hear your voice.

Kyuhyun: Me, too! ^^

Yesung: Should I call you tonight?

Kyuhyun: Okay, hyung!

Yesung: 8 pm? 9? 10?

Kyuhyun: 7 hyung~ ^^

Yesung: Okay ^^ I’ll call you tonight~ Kyu?

Kyuhyun: Yes, hyung?

Yesung: Your class starts at 7, right? What are you still doing, you idiot?!

Kyuhyun: OHHHH! Right! I’ll text you later, hyung!

And Kyuhyun runs to his bathroom, brushes his teeth and takes a quick bath because Yesung just has to remind him that his class starts at seven five minutes before his first period. Not that Kyuhyun minds.

Kyuhyun arrives on his first period just before the professor enters the classroom. It’s a God-given glory that his parents allowed him to live in the school dormitory when he entered the university which is about thirty seconds sprint to his building, not counting the stairs. And Kyuhyun arrives, panting and puffing, like he just won from a marathon across the world.

“You okay, Kyu?” Sungmin, his friend, who’s already sitting beside him with pencils sharpened and notebook ready on his desk asked.

Kyuhyun manages to nod.

Donghae, another friend of Kyuhyun, who is sitting behind him playfully slaps his back and whispers, “Why’re you so late, Kyuhyun? You did something last night?” Then, he snickers along with Hyukjae, who’s sitting beside Donghae and behind Sungmin.

Sungmin shakes his head and focuses his attention on their professor while Kyuhyun mutters, “Shut up, hyung.”

This is what Kyuhyun loves about his relationship with Yesung. Nobody knows about it; nobody knows about them. And with that, Kyuhyun feels that it’s more them; it’s more theirs. Kyuhyun doesn’t want to share Yesung with anybody because he wants Yesung to remain his.

Kyuhyun is just taking out his notebook from his backpack when their classroom door suddenly opened, revealing a fifteen-minute-late-already-marked-absent Kim Jongwoon.

It’s weird but when Jongwoon looks up from panting, his eyes met Kyuhyun’s, but Kyuhyun doesn’t seem to notice it because Donghae slaps his back again. “He’s really stupid,” Donghae says quietly. “He’s already marked absent. Why still come to class? He could have just slept on the turtle garden or something.”

Kyuhyun laughs along with Donghae and Hyukjae this time so he doesn’t notice the way Jongwoon glances at him and smiles lightly.