Chapter 31

Virtual Heart Shape Means Love?

Kyuhyun’s meeting with Yoona that lunch passes in a blur. Other than one-sided conversations initiated by Yoona and Kyuhyun’s one-word/one phrase replies, there’s not much to remember and it’s not even like Kyuhyun would want to remember. As a matter of fact, he wants to forget all about Yoona and her crazy antics to get him interested to her because the thing is, Kyuhyun would never, never and he means never be interested in her.

After lunch, Yoona needs to get to her class much to Kyuhyun’s delight because he’s getting more pissed and pissed every ticking second that’s passing that Yoona has her arms tangled on Kyuhyun’s and he’s practically declaring to the entire university that they’re dating.

Kyuhyun wants to strangle her, seriously and to throw her to the farthest planet in Milky Way but every time he’s about to say that they’re not dating to a stranger he doesn’t even know that Yoona’s talking about their current relationship status, Yoona with lean over him and whisper to him, “You wouldn’t want Sooyeon to change schools now, do you, oppa?”

And then, Kyuhyun would grit his teeth and pretend that he’s at least fine with Satan’s daughter clinging unto him. He doesn’t really care about what these other people think of him and Yoona. But Yesung’s also studying at the university and Kyuhyun’s pretty known at the university now because of the basketball team. What will Yesung think if it goes around that he’s already dating Yoona?

He can’t lose Yesung.

And seriously, Kyuhyun doesn’t even want to think what will happen if he’ll be forced to choose between Yesung and Sooyeon because the only person Sooyeon can hold on now might betray her as well. He loves Sooyeon; he really does. When he tells that Sooyeon’s like his younger sister now, it’s the truth.

But the thing is, Kyuhyun can’t lose Yesung.

No, he definitely can’t.

And thinking about it, Yesung hasn’t replied to him, yet.

He wonders what’s up.

Did the news reached Yesung already?

Kyuhyun suddenly gasps, thinking of what might be clouding Yesung’s mind now and the paranoia that Yesung might never talk to him again because Yesung thinks he betrays him and Yesung thinks he’s a playboy and a jerk and an and yes, Kyuhyun’s mind is going overdrive within a split second.

Yoona turns to him concernedly and looks at his face. “What’s wrong, oppa?”

Kyuhyun looks at Yoona and this time, he really does almost strangle her because this is all her fault! But fortunately, he stops himself just in time before reaching for Yoona’s neck to choke her and just nonchalantly shakes his head, hoping to keep calm despite all those worst case scenarios he has on his mind up to the extent that he’ll get do depressed because Yesung won’t talk to him anymore and he won’t be able to find out about Yesung’s identity and he’ll probably do to himself the list he made for Yoona when she first blackmailed her about Sooyeon.

“Nothing.”

“Are you sure, oppa?”

Kyuhyun doesn’t even answer now but he only nods his head. Thanks to all the gods and angels there is in every faith in this world, they reach Yoona’s next class because as a good boyfriend, Kyuhyun is supposed to take Yoona to her next class. Kyuhyun is about to turn around and walk away – hopefully, permanently from Yoona’s grasp but he thinks that won’t be possible as of the moment considering Sooyeon – when Yoona pulls him and hugs him.

Now what?

For some people – especially Hyukjae and Donghae but probably not Donghae now because he’s still dating that girl named Sunye, Kyuhyun thinks – this might be the highlight of their lives. The most beautiful and sought-after girl in the entire university and maybe in the entire Seoul hugs you. What for Kyuhyun, he’s only got one question on his mind and he doesn’t even voice it out because he’s really trying to minimize their conversations.

Now what?

“Thank you, oppa,” Yoona says softly, sincerely and for that one brief second, Kyuhyun actually believes her that her feelings for him are genuine and his not just one of the things on her -list that she wishes to acquire.

But what can Kyuhyun do? He’s told her several, if not multiple times that he doesn’t like her and he’s not interested. He hasn’t just told him. Hasn’t he shoved her away many times as well? What more must Kyuhyun do just to get it through her that he’s not feeling and he’ll never feel the same way she does towards him? He can tell her this now but who knows what she’ll do with Sooyeon? Kyuhyun still doesn’t even know how the hell she learned about Sooyeon.

When Yoona pulls away, Kyuhyun still has that confused-not-knowing-what-to-do look on his face. Yoona smiles at him and says, “It’s okay, oppa. I’ll wait for the day until you can hug me back.”

Then, she’s gone and Kyuhyun is kind of dumbfounded to move for a while.

But not for long, really, because there’s something he needs to do. He needs to contact Jung Soohyun now or it might be too late. Knowing Sooyeon’s mother, she’s contacting potential schools where Sooyeon can transfer before the year ends. He needs to hurry.

Thankfully, besides basketball practice and choir practice, Kyuhyun doesn’t have any class for that afternoon anymore. He’s really wondering now how he’ll shuffle between choir practice and basketball practice since both are important to him now but at some point in time, he knows that their time will clash and well, Kyuhyun tells himself. No need to worry about that now. He hurries back to his room at the university dormitory and tries calling the number that Jongwoon has scribbled in perfect text in that little piece of paper.

First ring…

Second ring…

Third ring…

How many rings does it take for a call to get through internationally and not be cut off? Kyuhyun taps his finger, anticipating and worried because this is their best shot to help Sooyeon.

Seventh ring…

Eighth ring…

Kyuhyun wants to slam the phone down now, agitated and exasperated.

Ninth ring…

Kyuhyun wants the world to swallow him up now, not knowing anymore how he can help Sooyeon. Sure, he can still try for the email and the fax number that Jongwoon listed but the telephone number is his best shot to talk to Sooyeon’s father. He’s certainly losing hope.

Tenth ring…

And halfway through it, somebody picks the phone up.

 

 

A/N: I wrote chapters 25-31 this past week up to today. I planned to post one chapter everyday but I want to make up to you guys! ^^ So, five chapters… here you go. I hope you like them and anticipate for what’s going to happen next.

As always, thank you very much. You don’t know how happy you’re making me every read, every comment and every subscribe I get. I love you, guys. ^^ KyuSung fighting! ^^ - Elle Kim