Chapter 12

Virtual Heart Shape Means Love?

“You can let other people in.”

“You can let other people in.”

“You can let other people in.”

Those words are echoing in Jongwoon’s mind as he walks through the university field, away from the infirmary and towards the university gate. It’s already aroung eight in the evening and he’s just been allowed by Dr. Song to leave. As a matter of fact, he could have stayed there longer because Dr. Song isn’t so keen in allowing him to leave by himself, after fainting and all, but Jongwoon doesn’t want to burden anybody and also, he wants to do some thinking.

“You can let other people in,” Jongwoon mutters to himself, remembering the person who said that to him and smiling upon remembrance.

Jongwoon wonders if Kyuhyun meant himself when he said that to him. He wonders if Kyuhyun wants Jongwoon to let him in, in his life, in his world, and in his heart.

Just then, his phone beeps. He knows who it is even before looking at the sender.

Hyung! Why aren’t you replying? >.< Did I say something last time?

Jongwoon smiles and eagerly replies.

Yesung: I’m sorry baby Kyu. A lot has happened today so I wasn’t able to reply. I’m sorry! -.-

Kyuhyun: A lot has happened to me, too, hyung but I want to text you. :((

Yesung: Aw. I’m really sorry Kyu. Forgive me, please?

Kyuhyun: Hyung, what happened to you?

Yesung: Well… I fell on the stairs. =_=

Kyuhyun: WHAT HYUNG??? ARE YOU ALRIGHT??? >.<

Yesung: Yes, don’t worry. I’m fine now :)) What do you mean something bad happened to you, Kyu? Are you alright?

Of course Jongwoon perfectly knows what happened but Kyuhyun doesn’t know that and he knows Kyuhyun would want him to ask.

Kyuhyun: I hit someone, hyung. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Yesung: Why did you do that, Kyu? Did he do something wrong to you?

Jongwoon feels guilty because he knows what happened is like Kyuhyun’s only in the wrong place at the wrong time so questioning him like this is really bad but he also knows that this is what Yesung will do and this time, he’s not Jongwoon but he’s Yesung. He’s sure Kyuhyun wants him more to be Yesung this time, not that Kyuhyun knows.

Kyuhyun: No, hyung. That’s why I feel so bad. He’s a good guy. But I still hit him. I should be the only one receiving detention. Not him. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Jongwoon can’t help smiling at the ‘good guy’ part.

Yesung: Then why did you hit him, Kyu?

Kyuhyun: I really don’t know, hyung… I’m the worst, ain’t I?

Yesung: Do you mind telling me what happened?

Jongwoon isn’t doing this to get even with Kyuhyun, to worsen the guilt he is feeling or anything but he’s doing this because he knows Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun wants to talk about it, to let what he is feeling and what he is thinking out. Yesung is the only person he trusts in the world with that both he feels and what he thinks, without pretentions and holding back, and not being afraid to be judged.

Kyuhyun: Hyung, this will be a pretty long text. Wait, okay?

Jongwoon smiles. They always does that whenever someone will text a long text. There will be sort of like a preview text, so that the other will know that the person didn’t didn’t reply (Did you get that didn’t didn’t part?) and will wait for the other person’s reply.

Yesung: I’ll wait. :)

For about five minutes, Kyuhyun types his message as fast as he can because he’s the type of person who doesn’t like waiting too long (although he kind of defies that principle when it comes to Yesung) so he doesn’t want other people to wait for him too long as well. And for five minutes, Jongwoon sits at the bus station two blocks away from the university, waiting for Kyuhyun’s reply and the bus he needs to take to go home. Usually, students will wait for the bus just across the university but Jongwoon doesn’t like to wait there because he kind of does not want his place to be known or discovered, even if accidentally.

Jongwoon’s thoughts about his home are interrupted, to his relief, by Kyuhyun’s reply.

Kyuhyun: Do you remember my childhood friend, Sooyeon, hyung? Apparently, she tripped her classmate. I didn’t know she did, of course! But she keeps on denying it so I believed her. Then… the classmate she tripped has a friend who pushed her to the ground. I almost hit her classmate’s friend, too, but this guy stopped me. So… I hit him and he hit me back and we’re called to the dean’s office by Maestro Jang and now, we’re supposed to comply with a two-week obligatory detention together.

Yesung: Woah~ That’s a pretty long day, Kyu!

Kyuhyun: I’m bad, right hyung? >.< I don’t deserve to be your friend.

Yesung: Don’t I get to have the say on that, Kyu? :)

That sounds utterly familiar in Kyuhyun’s ears. It’s like he heard that before or that words are said to him by someone but he doesn’t know, then and again, where and when. It’s even like he said those words himself but why can’t he remember who he said those words to, if he did say that, alright?

It’s like more and more lately, these days, Kyuhyun’s getting more confused with things and he seriously swears his memory gap is getting worst every second that passes by.

Kyuhyun: But hyung!!! I almost hit a girl >.< And if that guy didn’t stop me, I’ll probably hang myself. >.<

Jongwoon sighs when Kyuhyun doesn’t interrogate him with what he just said. He’s a little disappointed that Kyuhyun can’t even remember the words he said himself to Jongwoon.

Yesung: Kyuhyun, don’t say that please.

Kyuhyun: I’m sorry, hyung. :(

Yesung: Hey Kyu?

Kyuhyun: Hyung?

Yesung: You know why you did what you did?

Kyuhyun: Why hyung?

Kyuhyun almost smiles because it’s always amazing how Yesung is able to explain why he did something when he himself who did it can’t see the reason why.

Yesung: Because you’re confused.

Kyuhyun: How am I confused?

Yesung: Between Sooyeon who’s your childhood friend and her classmates, you can’t decide who to believe. So you take the easier choice: Sooyeon.

Kyuhyun: Then why did I almost hit Sooyoung?

Yesung: Because it’s the easier choice. Rather than making yourself believe that Sooyeon really tripped Joohyun.

Kyuhyun: So why did I hit the guy who stepped in front of me and Sooyoung?

Yesung: Because it’s the easier choice again. Rather than admitting to yourself that you might have made a mistake for believing who.

Kyuhyun: I’m always choosing the easier choice, right, hyung? :(

Yesung: People make mistakes, Kyu. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Even a dead clock is right twice a day. :)

Kyuhyun: But I’m always still choosing the easier choice. If it will be like this always, then I’m always bound to make stupid mistakes. I’m always bound to hurt other people. :(

Yesung: Then know this, Kyu. The easier choice isn’t always the right choice. The difficult choice isn’t always the right choice as well. The right choice comes with the truth, difficult or easy.

Kyuhyun: The how do I choose?

Yesung: Choose the truth. Choose what’s right. Because soon, Kyu, we’ll be forced to choose between what’s right and what’s easy.

Kyuhyun: I still don’t get it, hyung. But I think I might have gotten something from what you said. :)

Yesung: You’re smart, Kyu. You’ll understand all this in time. :)

Kyuhyun: Thanks hyung!!! ^_^ I’m really grateful it’s you.

Yesung: It’s me what? O_O

Kyuhyun: Secret. That’s why you have to meet me at the Thanksgiving Ball! ^_^v

Yesung: You little sly!!! >.<

Kyuhyun: By the way hyung, how do you know Sooyoung and Joohyun’s names?

Jongwoon froze. He rereads the earlier messages exchanged between him and Kyuhyun and soon enough, he acknowledged Sooyoung’s name without asking who’s she in Kyuhyun’s story and he even mentioned Joohyun’s name by himself! He’s literally panicking and seriously might be having another heart attack. He should have gotten more careful.

Yesung: I heard about what happened and you know, rumors are pretty big at the university.

Kyuhyun: I see… So it’s leaked like that already?

Then, the bus is finally arriving and Jongwoon must catch that one, after the four buses he let passed by because he still wants to text with Kyuhyun. The moment Jongwoon climbs up the bus going home, he turns of his phone (his Kyuhyun phone, the one he is using exchanging messages with Kyuhyun) because it’s pretty dangerous to use that phone on his house. As a matter of fact, all his devices to communicate to the outside world of their house are either dead or turned off or not used for a long time. It’s really, really dangerous.

Yesung: LOL. Yes Kyu :))) Hey Kyu? I’ve got to go. I’ll text you tomorrow morning, okay? Or I’ll chat you tomorrow afternoon?

Kyuhyun: Aw, this soon, hyung?

Yesung: Sorry baby Kyu :)) Junior thing is busy as hell >.<

Kyuhyun: I understand, hyung >.<

Yesung: Good night, Kyuhyun! Sweet dreams :))

Kyuhyun: Good night, hyung! Dream of me some :)))

Jongwoon chuckles a little, effectively turns of his phone and hides it on the secret pocket of his backpack. He climbs in the bus and sits at the last row. He’s thinking how long can he be able to pretend, how long can he be able to hide, and how long will he be able to keep the walls up so he can protect Kyuhyun…