Chapter 28

Virtual Heart Shape Means Love?

Kyuhyun doesn’t know why but instead of plotting all possible master plans of murdering Yoona or thinking of the possible ways in order to contact Mr. Jung without letting Mrs. Jung know it, he spends the rest of his Sunday afternoon after he’s gotten back at the university dormitory walking around the campus, inside the libraries and checking whatever book looks interesting without having anything particular he should be looking at inside the library, at the botanical garden, studying the plants and observing that now that it’s becoming colder and colder, there are less flowers and leaves on the plants, and basically just around the university, walking with no destination but the drive to walk because Kyuhyun can’t just stay still. He’s thinking that if he’s really going to have a dinner which mostly looks like a date (Okay, Kyuhyun’s not stupid. Damn you, Yoona. He knows what she’s trying to do.), it’s mostly like he’s resigning himself to Yoona and admitting that she’s really his girlfriend because why would he date someone who he has no interest upon? He’s not Hyukjae. He’s also thinking that what if he wouldn’t be able to contact Mr. Jung. Does that mean that Sooyeon would really have to go away, change school and never see Miyoung again? How will he able to face Sooyeon when that happens? He knows it’s not his fault. He’s not even near of being at fault but thinking what could happen to Sooyeon if he’s won’t be able to contact her father and knowing that he could have stopped it if he could just successfully contact Mr. Jung, that’s enough to drive Kyuhyun crazy.

“Aish, why are those girls driving me crazy?” Kyuhyun messes his own hair, suddenly halting from his very, very long walk in front of the water fountain just before the university building’s gate. “Neither of them is even my girlfriend, damn it!”

“Sooyeon is fine. She’s my childhood friend and she’s almost like my younger sister. But that evil, Satan’s daughter Yoona?! She doesn’t have any right to torment me like this,” Kyuhyun continues on complaining, talking to himself since there are no other people walking like him inside the university. “And she’s even using Sooyeon against me now. Damn her.”

He continues walking, still with no direction but truthfully, it seems to Kyuhyun like it’s better like this, walking and moving with no direction in hopes of finding something instead of just waiting and stopping and not doing at all because somehow, if he continues to walk, maybe he can find something worthwhile.

Which he did.

“Kyuhyun, what are you doing here?”

“Hyung,” Kyuhyun halts, surprised to see Jongwoon at the university on a Sunday.

Jongwoon’s standing before the botanical garden and locking it behind him. He’s wearing dark jeans and striped white shirt under a thermal jacket, a red scarf covering his neck and almost half of his face and it’s almost a wonder how Kyuhyun recognized him at once and when the other half of Jongwoon’s face is mostly covered with a gray beanie.

Jongwoon steps forward after locking the botanical garden, “It’s cold. Why are you walking around the university, Kyu?”

Kyuhyun really doesn’t know why but seeing Jongwoon, the tiredness and the numbness his whole body has been feeling after walking for like two hours around the university and just thinking about Sooyeon and Yoona eventually go away and he’s just glad he walked those two hours because if he didn’t, he wouldn’t have crossed paths with Jongwoon now.

“Hyung, I need to tell you something,” Kyuhyun says, ignoring Jongwoon’s question.

Jongwoon looks surprised but he smiles and Kyuhyun finds it absolutely breathtaking, chilling partly because of the cold weather and probably partly because of that smile. “Sure,” he says.

“Are you not busy, hyung? Am I not being a nuisance?” Kyuhyun asks uncertainly.

“When have you ever been a nuisance to me, Kyu?” Jongwoon chuckles.

Kyuhyun smiles, slightly chilling. He’s not sure why he’s feeling so cold now when he’s walking around for like two hours. Well, probably he’s getting warmth from walking but now, after pausing for longer than usual, he’s body is already taking the toll of the cold weather.

“You’re not even wearing gloves, you idiot?” Jongwoon asks in annoyance and sheer worriedness. “What if you catch a cold?”

Kyuhyun grins and he’s not really sure why but he asks, “Then, will you take care of me?” Kyuhyun’s not really sure of everything he’s been doing lately but this one has been the closest of those that he’s not sure but he really wants to.

Jongwoon pauses because really, how does he react to that?

“No, idiot!” Jongwoon answers, trying to look very serious. “I’m the sick one, remember? You’re supposed to be the one taking care of me. Now, get here!”

Kyuhyun laughs and walks towards Jongwoon, not really sure why (here he goes again) but obliging. “What is it, hyung?”

Jongwoon doesn’t answer but instead, Kyuhyun sees him untangling the long red scarf from his neck and putting it on Kyuhyun’s who only stood there like a complete idiot because Jongwoon’s face is really, really, really close and now that the scarf isn’t covering half of Jongwoon’s face, Kyuhyun sees Jongwoon’s pale-pink lips near his face. Now, it’s Kyuhyun’s turn for really, how does he react to that?

“Come on,” Jongwoon says because Kyuhyun looks like a robot that’s been reprogrammed and he’s still not yet functioning. “Let’s go to a café or something. You’ll be freezing to death before you know it.”

Jongwoon begins walking forward and Kyuhyun is about to follow, still not sure how to act like a normal human being with brain cells functioning inside his skull because as far as he’s concern, those heart cells on his chest are working overtime now, Jongwoon walks back and grabs Kyuhyun’s hand. “So you’ll feel less cold,” he reasons, with the same breathtaking smile on his lips, as he holds Kyuhyun’s hand tightly and drags him along.

Now, Kyuhyun’s quite sure that all his brain cells have died and prayed for them all to rest in peace and he’s thinking of firing some of his heart cells that have multiplied a million times than their recent population in a matter of seconds but then, rethinks about it and decides to give them a salary increase instead.

Thinking of how he’ll contact Mr. Jung for Sooyeon would have to wait until tonight and his assassination plans for Yoona can wait for a while because when he’s with Jongwoon, Kyuhyun’s not sure why but there’s nothing else but this man beside him, walking side by side and holding his hand.

There’s nothing else.