Chapter 39

Virtual Heart Shape Means Love?

“What’s wrong with your face? Are you stoned?” Hyukjae suspiciously asks Kyuhyun when they’re eating lunch together the next day. Hyukjae can’t be blamed – and so are Donghae, Sungmin, and Ryeowook who are also looking quite as suspiciously but not as obvious as Hyukjae to Kyuhyun who is smiling idiotically all through the morning, through their surprise exams and even through when Kyuhyun was called for graded recitation and he couldn’t answer anything because not only was he not able to read anything from his lessons the previous night, he also did not sleep because he couldn’t do anything except twist and turn and squeal in delight by himself, looking quite insane if he thinks about it. If not for that idiotic smile on Kyuhyun’s face, his panda-eyes due to his lack of sleep would become more obvious.

Donghae looks at Kyuhyun concernedly while Sungmin tries to be more discreet as he continues eating his lunch. Ryeowook joined them because Kyuhyun called him from over the other side of the cafeteria, “Ryeowookie-hyung, eat with us!” The entire cafeteria looked at who shouted and it was embarrassing enough for everybody so Ryeowook, with slight reluctance because Kyuhyun is acting really, really weird, walks over to the four and sits with them, giving Donghae, Sungmin, and Hyukjae a questioning glance asking, “What’s wrong with Kyuhyun?” They shrug and follow as Kyuhyun almost hops while walking gleefully towards their usual table like (using Hyukjae’s words) “a ing unicorn.”

Kyuhyun looks innocently at Hyukjae and slowly chews cabbages before answering, “What do you mean, hyung?” His voice is so soft and it sounds so innocent and so freaking sweet and Hyukjae literally facepalms.

“I’m just happy,” Kyuhyun says sincerely that all his four hyungs drops their chopsticks and stares at Kyuhyun, the same question on their minds, “What the is wrong with Kyuhyun?”

The thing is Hyukjae can’t say anything after that because even though they still don’t have a single idea what is going on Kyuhyun’s mind and life at the moment, Kyuhyun looks awfully honest that he is just happy. Sungmin picks his chopsticks one again and smiles, picking vegetables cabbages out of his lunch and giving it to Kyuhyun. Donghae and Ryeowook smile at each other and begin eating, too. Hyukjae, lastly, shrugs and digs his meal again, shaking his head and smiling at Kyuhyun. “Good for you, then.”

In Kyuhyun’s defense, he knows that he is acting weird. He feels weird himself! Cho Kyuhyun doesn’t smile so stupidly like that, he doesn’t shout for anyone on the other side of the cafeteria and he certainly wouldn’t let himself stare at his professor while batting his eyelashes because he couldn’t answer his recitation question. But for some reason, he can’t seem to wipe off that smile on his face that has been there ever since last night. It’s impossible to wipe it off especially since he sees a certain someone walking inside the cafeteria.

Kyuhyun’s not sure if his heart stops beating and it skips a couple of beats or if it beats about a thousand times more than normal because Jongwoon is opening the door of the cafeteria and everything stops, only him standing up because of God knows why and Jongwoon walking in slow motion, his dark hair following his head’s movement and his eyes searching for something, someone…

Someone who stupidly shouts inside the crowded cafeteria for the second time that afternoon, startling everybody in his table and in the whole cafeteria as well, especially Hyukjae who is sipping soup and it almost burns his lips because Kyuhyun suddenly stands up that shook their table a little. “What the heck –”

“Jongwoon-hyung!”

Jongwoon hears his voice and immediately, he knows it’s Kyuhyun but the thickness of the people in the cafeteria isn’t helping him locate where the younger is. Thankfully, because Kyuhyun has embarrassed not only himself but his hyungs the second time that day (that Ryeowook swears he wouldn’t eat lunch with them again), everybody turned to the boy who cried Jongwoon’s name.

“Kim Jongwoon?” Donghae turns to look at Hyukjae and Sungmin and he is about to ask Kyuhyun what’s his relation to Jongwoon when the moment he turns to Kyuhyun, the one at question isn’t with them anymore but beside Jongwoon.

The funny thing is Kyuhyun wanted to see Jongwoon again ever since their awkward goodbye and goodnight last night…

“That seafood hotpot is awesome, hyung!” Kyuhyun exclaims as they walk out of the restaurant. He couldn’t believe that it’s already nearing twelve and he’s just eaten his dinner but if eating dinner so late at night would mean he’s always having dinner with Jongwoon, then it’s fine with Kyuhyun, more than fine, actually. For him, it’s perfect.

Jongwoon only smiles at Kyuhyun and follows him outside the restaurant, forgetting for a moment that his parents are probably still up by now because they’re waiting for him and another explanation as for what he did at school up to this time of the night is needed. He’ll have to think about that later. For now, he’s with Kyuhyun and this is more important.

“So,” Kyuhyun begins again, scratching his head. “I’ll see you tomorrow, hyung?”

“Yes,” Jongwoon nods, smiling at Kyuhyun. “See you tomorrow, Kyu.”

“Goodnight, hyung. Take care on your way home, okay?”

Jongwoon nods. “Sleep already, okay? You need lots of rest.”

“So are you, hyung. You’re the same as me.”

“But not the future point guard of the team,” Jongwoon points out with another smile.

Kyuhyun blushes and stammers, “That’s – That’s still not sure, hyung.”

Jongwoon laughs because Kyuhyun looks so adorable.

“I still need a lot of practice,” Kyuhyun says, shrugging even though he’s aware that his face is still the color of a tomato.

Jongwoon only laughs again and says, “I’m going, Kyu.”

Kyuhyun looks at Jongwoon for a moment, not quite getting what Jongwoon meant by going and then realizing that it’s almost midnight, they still have classes tomorrow and Jongwoon doesn’t live on the university dormitory like him. “Say, hyung, where do you live?”

“Why, Kyu? You want to go home with me?”

If it’s possible that Kyuhyun’s face could get any redder than it already it, it just got a hundred times redder, like he lost all his blood on all the other parts of his body and they went all up on his face.

“I’m kidding,” Jongwoon says, laughing at Kyuhyun’s reaction and sincerely thanking that Kyuhyun’s bashful like that because he escapes another personal question. It really wouldn’t help their situation if Kyuhyun learns where Jongwoon live. “Bye, Kyu. See you tomorrow.”

“See you tomorrow, hyung,” Kyuhyun answers, completely forgetting his question that made Jongwoon ask if he wants to go home with him. Jongwoon turns around already but Kyuhyun still calls, “Goodnight, hyung.”

Jongwoon halts and looks over at Kyuhyun again. Smiling, he replies, “Goodnight, Kyu.”

“Sweet dreams, hyung.”

“Sweet dreams.”

“Sleep tight.”

“Sleep tight.”

“Goodnight, hyung.”

“Goodnight, Kyu.”

“Bye, hyung.”

“Bye, Kyu.” At this moment, Jongwoon is laughing really hard. “Seriously, Kyu, let me go home already.”

Kyuhyun smiles; Jongwoon’s laugh sounds music. “Okay, hyung.”

“I’ll  really go now, okay?” Jongwoon says, still laughing a little. “Don’t say anything anymore. We’ll see each other tomorrow at the university, silly.”

Kyuhyun nods and smiles as Jongwoon turns around again and walks away to that bus stop three blocks away from the university. When Jongwoon is out of his sight, that’s the only time Kyuhyun returns back to the university dormitory, that idiotic smile plastered on his face until the next day.

But the moment that Jongwoon is already in front of him, Kyuhyun doesn’t know what to say anymore. “Hi, Kyuhyun,” Jongwoon says to him, looking over Kyuhyun’s shoulder and seeing that he’s eating lunch with his friends. “Ryeowook’s eating with you?”

Fortunately, Jongwoon is trying act normal because he doesn’t want things to be awkward between him and Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun looks back and sees that his friends are looking at him. Shrugging, he answers, “Just this time, hyung. Have you already eaten your lunch?”

“Ah, no,” Jongwoon tells Kyuhyun. “I’m actually here to buy lunch for Sooyoung, Joohyun and myself. We’re eating lunch together at the botanical garden.

It’s like it’s only the two of them inside the cafeteria. The time stops, everybody stops and it’s just Kyuhyun in front of Jongwoon and Jongwoon in front of Kyuhyun. Hyukjae and Donghae look at them because they didn’t know that they have become so close while Sungmin looks suspiciously at them,  certain things still clouding his mind. Ryeowook, on the other hand, only takes one glance and smiles to himself knowingly.

 

 

A/N: I tried to loosen up things for Jongwoon and Kyuhyun even just on this title because “certain things” are coming up. :)) This is the last of my six-chapter update, guys. I hope you enjoyed and liked the chapters.

I’d like to thank everyone (readers, subscribers, commenters) for being with me and staying with me up to this point of the fic. I didn’t know that I’d reach this many chapters, seriously. XD I want you all to know that I’ll really try my best to finish this fic. So please, stay with me until then. XD

Belated Merry Christmas and Advance Happy New Year! *_*

Happy Holidays!!!

More love for KyuSung. :))

I really love you, guys. ^^ – Elle Kim