CHAPTER 6

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" Mi Hyun screamed, loud enough for anybody to hear. But at that time, she was the only one in the hallway. Just as she was getting ready to land her on the ground, a pair of hands saved her from the back.


"Oh Mi Hyun, gwaenchanha?!?!" Chen asked, worried. He was just walking out of the toilet when he noticed Mi Hyun from afar. He wanted so much to walk the other way, so that Mi Hyun wouldn't notice and call him like she always did. But today, she had unintentionally called for him when she slipped and almost fell on the floor that the cleaners in school had just mopped. Although she was thrice his size, and was heavy in his arms, his strong arms managed to hold on to her without letting go.


Mi Hyun only stared at his face, slowly blinking her eyes. 'Is this even real?! Or am I just....' she thought for a second until he asked her the same thing again.


"Oh Mi Hyun, are you alright?!"


"Oh Jongdae o-pp-pa......Gwaen-chan-ha" Mi Hyun looked at his face as she replied to his question. "Ku--- ma- woyeo."


"Next time don't just walk blindly, arrasso? Can't you see that the cleaner had put that sign? *points at the wet floor caution safety sign* " What if...." Chen stops himself, ".......... nevermind."


"Oh," Mi Hyun was too surprised by what just happened that she couldn't even give him a proper reply.


*rings*

 


"Ye umma?" he took out his phone from his pocket and answered the call. "Mwoh?! Jieun is in the hospital right now? What happened?"


He took a glance at Mi Hyun while waiting for his mother's reply. But looked away immediately when he realised he got caught by her, who was looking at him the entire time too. The silence between the two became awkward, even if it's just for a minute or two. He did not realise that he still had his arms holding wrapping around her back. Strangely, he didn't feel any weight putting onto him, at all.


"Arrasso, I'll be coming very soon," He hurriedly put down the call, letting go of Mi Hyun.


"Don't ever do that again, arrasso? I have to go now. Take care, " he reminded her before leaving the place. Not even waiting for Mi Hyun to reply, without even looking back, he started running towards the exit door. He left Mi Hyun right there, on the floor. She didn't even get the chance to say thanks. 


"Jieun....," Mi Hyun quietly said out that name to herself. All she could do was wonder who she was and how she was related to him. But she put that thought at the back of her mind. More than anything else, she felt like she had to do something to show her gratitude to him for saving her, and what she could only think of was to reply to his one and only letter to her. Realising that she has never personally tried telling Jongdae how she felt, she thought that this was maybe a great chance to tell him. And chances are, he would probably reply.


"Annyeong~ you probably won't be expecting this letter either right? But here it is! You can take this as a reply to your letter, whatever that is. But that's not the purpose of it. I would like to tell you thanks^_^. Thanks for picking me up and saving me from getting myself hurt. It would have been painful if I fell but I am grateful to have someone who came to the rescue ㅋㅋㅋ Neomu gumawo ㅜ ㅜ and when you received the call that time, I also overheard the conversation between you and your mother. I hope that girl who I supposed is not feeling well is alright. And one more thing, oppa, did you really not hear me when I call out your name when I walked passed you? I only wanted to be friendly.... I hope you read this. I'm not expecting a reply but I'd be really happy if you do.

Oh Mi Hyun"


'I lied again,' she thought. 


Chen unlocked his locker and found a similar looking red envelope on top of his textbooks.


"Moya? Why did she return me back the letter???" He took it out from his locker and realised that it was the exact envelope he had given her, except now it's a little bit crumpled.


Instead of putting it back to where it originally was, he placed the it in between his white top and his blazer.


"Mhmmm Chen Chen!" Kris cleared his throat and called Chen's name. No one in EXO calls Jongdae Chen Chen except for Kris himself. 


Chen flinched. He was shocked because of the sudden voice he heard. 


"YAH KRIS HYUNG! Do you want me dead?! Can you please not do that anymore? You scared me jinja aishhh!" 


"Ah mian mian.... anyway where were you yesterday? You said you're going to go to the toilet but you never came back. We called and you didn't answer your calls. Did anything happened?" the tallest amongst the 12 asked. Chen beside Kris is like a puppy beside its owner, the difference between their heights is so obvious. 


"Ah.... nothing. Just that Jieun, she had to be admitted to the hospital yesterday. She's been vomitting, not eating well lately. It's like everytime we go out, she would make countless of trips to the toilet. And I wondered why all the time until yesterday doctor said it was appendicitis."


"Oh so that's the reason why you went MIA out of a sudden.... so she's in the hospital now? Ah gwaenchanha.... she's going to recover soon, i hope. Fighting!" 


Chen thanked Kris for his caring and kind words. Until...... 


"Yah........ just now, when I was approaching you, I saw you putting something in there *points at his uniform*. What is it?! Ppali show me. I promise I won't tell the rest," Kris assured Chen. 

* s h i t *


"Nothing hyung. It's just a paper that the maths teacher gave me on what to study for the coming major exams" 


"Quit lying yah Chen-goon" Kris carefully reaches his hand and took out the paper in between Chen's uniform, only to find himself holding onto a red envelope. 

 

Meanwhile, Chen only stood there speechless as he watched Kris took away the red envelope from him.


"Yah.... what is this? Mi Hyun's envelope? You gave it to her, didn't you?!" Kris asked, surprised to why Chen is still holding on to the envelope. He nodded his head. 


"Then why is it still with you? Or.... did she... did she returned it back to you?" he nodded his head again, for the second time. 


"So it finally came to her senses that it was just a prank. What a fool. She must've been hurt though.... anyway, going home? I'm going home too, kaja!" he pulled out his hands and hugged Chen.


The journey back home between the two was quiet than usual, with each of them having their earpiece plugged into their ears. 


'Was that the reason why she return back the letter?'

'Did she figure out that it was just a prank?' 

'So is she hurt? Please don't be Oh Mi Hyun.... That wasn't my intentions.'



Negative thoughts like this filled his mind the entire time.  

 

'Maybe I really shouldn't have done that....' he thought to himself. 
 


A/N:
HI READERS! FINALLY AN UPDATE. My eyes are about to close u_u but here's a chapter! I barely have enough time for an update. For this chapter, I had it typed down in my phone while getting home inside the train ha ha. Sorry if it's a short one T T

Anyway, so who is Jieun and who is she to Jongdae?! And why did Mi Hyun returned back the envelope that Jongdae gave to her? 

FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!