CHAPTER 24

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)

"Mi Hyun, think through it. I don't need a definite answer now..." Chen said to Mi Hyun.


"No. It's really time for you to stop. I belong to somebody else now"


"But, am I not the one that you love? You will never really be happy with him."


"What makes you think that I wouldn't really be happy when I'm with him?"


"Jagiya, kaja. Why are you always with this guy? Don't see him again, oh?" A man got hold of Mi Hyun's wrist and glared at Chen.


Chen just watched from far how the two happily walked together, side-by-side, holding hands. She looked really happy.


Suddenly, a man appeared out of nowhere, came standing next to him, his hand on his shoulder.


"She still has feelings for you, trust me. Don't even think of moving on. Just keep chasing after her until you get her. She will be yours." 


JONGDAE'S POV
That dream felt so real. And who was that guy that said that to me? Just maybe, could he be right?


Things really changed after that very day. I always thought it was stupid for a guy to cry for a girl who leaves him whenever I watched all those dramas on tv. But now being the one in that position, I finally understood why. I only hoped for things to get better but that has never happened ever since the day she moved there.


She's already found somebody else but I'm still the same person right here, clueless about what exactly I am chasing for. That dream sure give me a little bit of hope. But dreams are always the opposite of reality, isn't it? I will never be together with her. That guy will take care of her and will make her happy, better than me.

 


"Yah Jongdae! Baekhyun! Tomorrow is the start of your first day of university! Awww what a sad case for you both who missed your university application~ Look, we're your sunbaes now, better respect us!" Luhan teased the two of them.


"Aish, jinja!" The frustrated Baekhyun shouted. "Don't even think about me calling you sunbae when I see you around! That will never ever happen, dream on!"


"Remember to get yourself a girlfriend the two of you! It's the best time to get into a relationship~ Afterall, we never had one in high school! Since we're no longer playing baseball now, we're free!" Suho excitedly said.


Few months passed and Chen has finally gotten over the fact that Mi Hyun is just somebody's else's girlfriend now. The EXO members knew everything that happened to him after the day he came back to Suho's place, drenched with a sad expression on his face. What surprised them was when he suddenly bursts into tears the moment he took a sit around them.

 



"He must be really hurt." Kai whispered to Kyungsoo.


Obviously, the meeting didn't turn out well when they witnessed the sight of Jongdae weeping his tears. They were tears of a broken-hearted man.


"Jongdae-ah, just let her go. It hurts us seeing you like this." Baekhyun said to him.


"It's not as easy as you think. If she gave me the chance to explain things, this would not have happened. Things will change for the better between us." He said as he sobbed.


Letting go of someone that has left him hanging all these while was a difficult thing to do. His hopes were crushed. His intentions from the beginning was misunderstood. Neverthless, he got over her, which he thought he was. But deep down, his heart still aches. He blames himself for every sinlge thing that happened. But he thinks he deserved it. It's all a retribution for what happened, he blames himself. 

 

"Assa! We're going to get ourselves a girlfriend! And she will be cute, y, smart, pretty, innocent....." Baekhyun thought.


"Ara ara, stop there, oh?" Chen told Baekhyun.


"Aish! You this type of friend!" Baekhyun, annoyed.

 



"I see you later, probably at the cafeteria? I'll give you a call."  Chen turned and said to Baekhyun as he parked his car, he replied with a nod. 


The two took two different majors. With Chen in Business Administration and Baekhyun in Law.


"I'll go first, oh? See you later, enjoy your first day of school!" Baekhyun said to Chen.


"Alright, you too." Chen got out of his car later, then making his way to class.


He was wearing his casual attire. Just jeans for his bottom and a t-shirt for his first day of school. And of course, with his snapback and his Vans sneakers.


There were still a few empty seats the minute he reached class, with only 6 other students present. He then took a sit beside a random student, but there was one thing that Chen did not know.


Mi Hyun turned to see who was the next person who entered the class. It was a familar face, something that she had never thought of

 

'Yah, don't you think the coincidence is really crazy???? What is this really...' She thought. She hurriedly put on her hoodie and covered her head, only looking down to avoid getting noticed.


"Ok class, since no one else is coming or going to be late for class, let's not waste our time and start with the introductions first. The girl here, can you start first? Tell us your name, your favourite hobby and one thing about yourself that we don't know~"


"Jwoh... jwohyo?


"Neh neh! And take out your jacket. Is it cold in this room? I don't think so! Come on, I don't think I'm the only one who's interested in knowing you. The rest are too!"


Chen looked through his phone, disinterested. He has always hated intros, he thinks that it's just a complete waste of time.


Mi Hyun took out her hoodie, letting go of her long wavy hair. She bit her lips, nervous.


"My name... my name is Oh Mi Hyun."


He looked up upon hearing that familar name. Just like he expected, it was her. Being in the same class with her was the last thing he could ever thought of. The coincidence between them is really hard to believe.


'Daebak' he said to himself.


At that moment, nothing else was on their mind throughout the introduction session, they could only think about how things would turn really awkward for them. Will we even be able to talk comfortably? Chen asked himself.


"That guy over there, it's your turn now before we wrap things up and I can release you guys for break!" The lecturer pointed at Chen.


Chen stood up from his seat. Everyone turned their gaze at him. Except for one person.


"My name is Kim Jongdae. I play baseball in high school." It was short and sweet.


"That's all Jongdae-ssi? You've got nothing else to say?" the lecturer asked.


"Neh." Jongdae gave a short reply but his eyes with his eyes looking at Mi Hyun's direction.


"Alright. Hmm baseball player.... interesting. No wonder you're good-looking. Don't everyone think so?" The entire class couldn't agree more. The moment Chen entered the classroom earlier that day, he was the one that stood out the most amongst the rest of the guys in class.


"Ah kamsahamnida" Chen scratched his head, shy at the same time embarrassed about receiving compliments on the very first day of school.


"If that's the case, you can guys can go for your break now. Be back in 45 minutes and I will brief you about this module and my expectations." said the lecturer.


Few days went on until one day it just happened that the two sat side by side for one of the classes. It was Chen's intention of course. Eventhough he had told the rest of the members that he got over her, unconsciously, he was always trying to get her attention.


"That guy I saw in the car the other time, who is he? Is he your boyfriend?" He slid the paper to Mi Hyun who was beside him.


"So what if he is?" she slid back.


"If he is then I'll be hurt ㅠㅠ" he replied on the piece of paper.


"That's really sad ㅠㅠ" Mi Hyun played along. But as soon as he saw the reply, she took away the paper and crushed it.


Her heart tingles when he does that to her. She's been secretly longing for that. During the time that she was working, she only hoped that he would drop by again after the day she left him alone under the rain. But he never did.


Deep down her heart, Mi Hyun knows. She likes him. But she has built a wall so that he wouldn't be able to climb over. They never talked before ever since the start of school, the passing of messages was the first time they had communicated with each other.


By the end of the week, each and everyone in class had become comfortable with each other. They would talked, joke and even share laughters in between breaks during tutorials. 


"Do you realised, that Jongdae and Mi Hyun is very awkward around each other?" Soojung, a classmate whispered to the rests during break time while Mi Hyun went to visit the toilet. 



"Yeah, I noticed. It's like Mi Hyun would talk to the rest of the guys but never ever talked to him." another girl interferred. 


"Phew, I thought i was the only person who noticed that! Weird isn't it? Do you think something's going on between them even before school has started? I really wonder though. But they both looked really good together. Mi Hyun's pretty and Jongdae's really handsome." Jiwon replied. 


"Guys!" a guy went to the front, trying to get the class's attention. "Today, let's go to noraebang and have fun! Since it's the last day of school! Let's have some bonding session~ Anyway, this was planned by the guys and myself!" He suggested an idea excitedly. 


"Call!"everyone agreed on the idea, including Chen.  


"Oh Mi Hyun! We're going to noraebang today! Are you going to come?!" she looked around, clueless about what just happened as she got back. The class remained silent as they waited for her reply.


'Is Jongdae going to come?' she asked herself. 


She smiled and then nodded her head.


'This is a great chance Jongdae, don't ever risk it' Chen thought, his heart was jumping  inside. 


Listen to the song and read the translated lyrics! It's like Mihyun's POV!

 


A/N:
Will just one night change everything? Read the next chapter to find out!  And thank you my new subscribers for subscribing~