CHAPTER 12

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)

"Give me her phone number. I'll text her and explain everything."


"There's no point trying to get through her. She turned off her phone. What makes you think she would reply or answer your texts and phone calls when she didn't even answer or reply to mine? Moreover, yours being an unknown number."


"Then all the more you should her number to me, right? Because she would probably have calmed down over what happened that day and would turn on her phone during the study break. And I can fix things by then." Chen was being totally optimistic about the entire thing.


Unfortunately, in the next few days, countless of times they've tried getting through Mi Hyun but the results were still the same. There was no way that Mi Hyun will pass by her locker anymore since it was already officially the last day of school for the graduating students before the start of their study break. Text messages and phone calls was the only way. 


Meanwhile, Yura really hoped to clear up the misunderstandings. She wanted to tell Mi Hyun that she was just trying help the situation that was already tearing her apart. Most importantly, she wants to tell her about Jongdae's true feelings for her. She wanted her happy. And definitely, to tell her that they're just friends and she didn't have any sort of romantic feelings for him, but for somebody else.


But Mi Hyun doesn't allow that.


"Eomma, I don't need this anymore" she handed the phone that was once in her hands to her.


"Eh... wae?" confused, her mother asked. 


"Because...... I don't know. I don't think it's important to me anymore. I know it's hard without this thing right? But it's not for me. It's not like as if I'm the type that wander around after school for you to be worried about me. Besides it's just a few more days until I leave. You can just call me if you need anything through imo's phone once I'm in America. And I don't need this little device to be a distraction for the major exams, I need to do well."


Her mom pats her daughter's head and smiled, "Geurae. Just tell me if you need this back."


Those days passed by smoothly for Mi Hyun, getting over the incident that happened. But of course, she never forgets about it.


'If this is what fate is, let it be. Whatever happens, happens.'


Still, she refuses to take back the phone. She knows definitely, that her phone will be flooded with many texts messages and phone calls once she turns it on. She expects all of it to be from no one else but her then bestfriend, who is worried about her.


"D-1"


That was what she clearly had written on the calendar on the 6th November 2011. Tomorrow marks the the day that she will leave the country. She was just making sure she was packing enough clothes and necessities that could last her for the entire year in America in her room until her mother came in.


"Eomma. Are you sure about this? What if nobody accompanies you and you will feel alone? I don't want that to happen to you." Mi Hyun asked in worry.


"What are you talking about sweetheart? Of course I'll be fine. There's your brother, and I won't be alone. He will take care of me. Don't worry about it" her mom assured her with a smile. Unknowingly, tears started streaming down her face. She quickly wiped it off before it gets noticed by her daughter, who was packing stuff into the luggage. She wouldn't want that to change her daughter's mind.


"D-DAY~ 7th November 2011"


Mi Hyun made sure she reached school when everyone else are already seated in their respective examination rooms. She wanted to avoid the loneliness and she wanted to avoid Yura and Chen. Of course, she can count on Sehun. But Sehun's with the EXO members most of the time which also means that he'd be with Chen. Lucky for her too, her venue for her exams are different from the people she doesn't want to see.


She went into the examination rooms, receiving stares from everyone who were already seated. But she walked in confidently, finds her table and took a sit. 


'Eomma will see you at the airport later at 6pm okay? Your flight will be at 9pm. Take a cab, so you won't be late.'


She remembered what her mother had reminded her before leaving the house for the temple to pray for her one and only daughter. 


The College Entrance Exam went on from 8:30am until the last paper which finishes at 5:00pm, all in one day. During breaks in between, Mi Hyun would spent her time in class. Only to make trips to the toilet whenever needed. 


Time passes and the clock strikes 5pm. Once the examiner said that students could already leave the exam room, everybody let out a sigh of relief. As usual, students would stay back to compare answers and then started crying over spilt milk. But Mi Hyun was the first one to quietly exit the room. She figured out that it was the perfect time to leave the school and quickly hire a cab to make her way to the airport. 


The EXO members had promised each other to gather at one place for a post-examination party to celebrate the end of exams. 


"Aye how's the exam!" Kai who just entered the basement asked the rest of s who already gathered at the basement. 


"Let's not talk about what's done. It's time to.... party!!" Xiumin screamed at the top of his lungs to expressed his excitement over the end of the College Entrance Exams. 


Two to three delivery men came to deliver pizzas, sodas, fried chicken and other korean food. 


Two hours passed just like that. With the few still enjoying the feast and the rest playing games, Chen's phone rang.


'Kim Ah-Young' 


The name showed on his phone screen and he answered the call. 


"Ah Ah-Young what's up?"


"KIM JONGDAE! YAH!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER MY CALL. This is urgent."


"ah wae wae, why are you shouting over the phone?!"


"Mi Hyun! She..... she....."


"Ah what is it!! Ppali tell me!"


"Mi Hyun is leaving for for America!"


"What?! For how long?!"


"I tried calling her. It finally got through. But it was her mother who picked it up. She said Mi Hyun is already leaving for America now. I don't know for how long. But her mother said she's going to stay there for a long time!"


"Flight details.... what's the flight details!"


"Ah molla oppa! I tried calling back but I can't get through anymore. You should just go to the airport now. It's your only last chance! Quick! Before it's too late." 


Next Chapter Teaser:
Will they be able to meet each other?
Will there still be a chance for Jongdae?
Will Mihyun change her mind and stay in Korea?


Find out in the next chapter!

A/N:
I was supposed to update yesterday. But I got really frustrated over what happened(the entire chunk of paragraphs that I had typed down for this chapter got deleted ugh just so you know), that I lost the mood to update. So here goes....