Chapter 4

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)


"Ah young ah.... Are you going to see EXO today for the baseball match? They're playing against M2M today." she asked her bestfriend. Of all people, Yura was the one who has been staying by her side all along, protecting her in the past few years. She's a big fan of EXO and have never once missed their games. But unlike other girls, she doesn't go to the extend of watching their trainings and scream for the boys name with fanboards 


"Of course! You know it yourself that I have never missed their matches before. But why are you suddenly interested in them?" Yura questioned Mi Hyun, who have never once spoke about the team before, let alone showed any interest in them. 


"About that..." She tried all ways possible to avoid eye contact. "But can I... come along? Hehe" 


"Why not? Who's stopping you from coming anyway"


"Thank you so much Ah young-ssi!" she couldn't hug the excitedment she was feeling and hugged her bestfriend. 


"So much for saying 'I will never ever step inside that field just to watch a match of 12 completely normal human beings' and now look what you are doing *scoffs* " Yura mimicked whatever Mi Hyun would say everytime she was asked to join her for matches. 


Mi Hyun face turned red. Despite liking Jongdae all these while, she has not been bothered about his matches at all. It was just an eye-candy, she believed. And seeing him in school itself was already enough to make her happy on the inside. Nobody even knew about her feelings, not even Yura, whom she trusted completely.


"Omo, why is your face so red?! Yah! You must be hiding something from me that I don't know. What is it Oh Mi Hyun! Tell me!" she asked as she noticed the blush visible on her face.  


"Nothing happened!" she exclaimed.


"You're lying! Your face is totally red right now!" Yura insists.


"Ok I will tell you... no I won't. Ah okay okay I will tell you soon!"


"Ok I don't think I'm going to EXO's match today since my mom wants me back home right after school...." she calmly threatened Mi Hyun.


Mi Hyun's expression changed within a split second. Her frown turned upside down, from a happy expression it was just a few seconds ago, to a sad one now. Yura knows Mi Hyun would never go to the match alone because she's probably going to hear harsh comments hurled at her.


"Then tell me now... ppali!"


Having no choice, she pulled her bestfriend closer and carefully whispered to her. Yura eyes got wider when Mi Hyun spoke about the confession letter she got from one of the boys.


"Really?! Who was the one!" Yura asked, curious.


Quietly, without uttering a word, she took out the letter that she has been carrying in the pocket of her hoodie and passed it to her.


She quickly unfolds the paper and read it's content. "Uwah! Yah! Someone has an admirer now! How come I wasn't informed!?
Ah Mihyun-ah!" she pulled her for a hug, expressing happiness for Mi Hyun.


"So do you like him?" Mi Hyun looked down and smiled to herself shyly while nodding her head. "Yah and you never told me about this too! Ugh Oh Mi Hyun!!"


"Hehe.... mian" she stuck out a little bit of her tongue.


"He's my school mate in elementary school though. But we have never once exchanged conversations with each other. He was popular back then too." Yura told Mi Hyun.


Mi Hyun just nod her head with shaped to a letter O.  She then looked at her phone and checked the time.


"It's already 3pm, we have 5 more minutes! Ppali let's go!" She pulled Yura along with her and made their way to the field. Yura laughed. It was always her who has always been excited about the matches, but it's the other way round now.


Before they left, she took along a whiteboard as huge as the size of her arms. 


"Yah what is this for?! Are you bringing this to the match? What are you going to do with this?" she wondered.



"Ahhhh. A whiteboard! And yes, I'm bringing it to the match! You see when I use a whiteboard, I can keep changing my words of support to him while he is on the field rather like those crazy girls who brought along two to three fanboards at one time. Am I smart Ah-young-ssi?" Mi Hyun explained to Yura, who could only laugh and pat her head at how silly but smart she was. 


Other than a whiteboard, she brought along a pair of binoculars too. In case if he was too far from her sight, she could make use of it to zoom into him, she thought.


Yura led Mi Hyun to a seat that she frequently sat on as soon as they reached the field. The twelve boys were already stretching and preparing for the match. Jongdae kept a lookout at the seating area. If Mi Hyun actually turned up to watch the match, it meant that she got his letter, he thought. And since she's thrice his size, it was not going to be hard to notice her. But unfortunately, she was nowhere in the crowds.


"Hyung, hyung," Sehun called while tapping his arms using the back of his hands and pointed to a particular someone in the crowd. 


He followed the direction of Sehun's hands, only to find himself smiling when she noticed her quietly waiting for the match to start. They both made eye contact. Jongdae waved at her as he was stretching his arms. Her heart beats fast... and faster... and even faster.  The crowd at her side went wild for a while, probably because the other the other girls thought that he was directing his actions to them instad.


The team came together and stack up their hands on top of each other like they always do before every matches. Suho's hand would always be the last. "1..... 2.... 3.... EXO SARANGHAJA!" the members cheered for each other. Few seconds later and the referee blew out his whistle signalling that the match has started. 


Halfway through the game, Mi Hyun wrote down her message to Chen on the whiteboard, 


'JONGDAE OPPA! YOU CAN DO IT!!! I'M HERE I CAME TODAY! SARANGHAE!!!! ♡♡♡ '


He passed by and noticed the message written by her. It gave him a good feeling on the inside. He replied her with a wink and threw a heart over at her before and turn his focus on the match. Mi Hyun face suddenly turned red. 


"Did you see that?!?! OMO he saw it Yura what do i do?!" she expressed her excitement.


It was loud enough that the few girls seated in front heard her.  Recognising her voice, they turned to look at her, with an annoyed look all over their faces. 


"Yah fatty, can you just keep quiet and watch the match?" A girl shouted to express her frustration at her. 


Afraid the words on her whiteboard might get noticed, she turned it around, facing the sky. 


Yura only laughed at how Mi Hyun reacted to the situation with those y girls. She knew she was supposed to help but Mi Hyun's blank expression as she quickly made those words out of their sight was fun to warch. It was as though she used the board to protect herself from the scorching hot sun.


20 minutes had passed and EXO was announced as winners for the match. . Mi Hyun jumped upon hearing the results, Yura and the other girls as well.
 

'CHUKKHAE EXO!!!!! KIM JONG DAE ♡ ' she changed the message on the whiteboard.


The crowd of fangirls cheering for the 12 handsome guys went extremely crazy that nobody noticed anything.


But the EXO members did. And all they could do was to laugh at Jongdae for his succeeding in the dar.


"Hyung, she got the letter!" Kai shouted at Jongdae.


"Told you!" Jongdae glared.


'BUNCH OF IDIOTS WHO THOUGHT THAT I DIDN'T PUT THE LETTER INSIDE HER LOCKER.'

 


A/N:
Chapter 4 is up! So sorry I didn't update the chapter yesterday! Anyway, I thought of what to write while I was having my break at work today lol. I immediately typed it down the moment I reached home he he. What do you guys think of this chapter though? And silent readers! If you're reading this, don't stay silent for too long! Subscribe to show your support! he he goonight everyone!