CHAPTER 10

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)


while typing this chapter down, this song keep replaying in my head. You guys should read the lyricsㅠㅠ. 
And it describes Mi Hyun's situation so well. Maybe that is why. 

Ever since that day, Mi Hyun has been dragging her feet to school. She wanted to end everything so much. The classes and most importantly her College Entrance Exams. 


"Two weeks left. Just two weeks and all of these will be gone. Hold on Mi Hyun. You can get through this." 


Yura has been sick absent from school for two days. But even when she comes back, it's not like as if things would change for the better. Because she had broken one thing. Trust.


There are times where she walked passed Jongdae. And each time it happened, her heart beats extra fast. She felt numb for a while. He looks different, giving off a different vibe. She could tell from the wide smile on his face when he was with s. He seemed really happy. 


"Annyeong"


Mi Hyun got a shock. She was just looking at the grass while sitting on a bench at her school garden. It was a guy. But that didn't come across her mind when he said hi to her. She turned to take a look, figuring out who could it be. The sun rays made her squint her eyes while looking up at the figure standing beside her. 


"Oh Sehun?" 


Sehun sat by her side, with a can of soda in one hand. After gulping down some of the soda, he offered some to Mi Hyun. 


"Ani gomawo Sehun..... " she smiled to him. 


The quiet atmosphere between the two turned awkward. Before it got worse, Sehun striked up a conversation. 


"How's your revision for your college entrance exams?"


"Good. Two weeks left and we're done."


Mi Hyun replied. To Mi Hyun 'two weeks' was a countdown for her to leave. But to Sehun, he thought it was the countdown to the end of exams. 


"And... you... come here too? I thought I'd be the only one."


Sehun nods his head. 


"It's a good place to relax and reflect about yourself, isn't it? I do this all the time, but nobody knows."


"And yah, wae with that sad face? Did anything happened? You can tell me..."  Sehun noticed a different Mi Hyun who used to be really happy at the side of the stadium watching their matches. 


"Nothing. Just because I'm not smiling, something bad happens to me? And you Oh Sehun, why are you here out of a sudden? What will people say when they see you here? They'll probably hunt me down for sitting beside a popular guy."


Although nobody really goes to the garden, it worries Mi Hyun if Sehun gets caught for being with her. 


Mi Hyun and Sehun have never really talked to each other before. She knows he was one of the nice guys in EXO. But  they're not close enough that they know stuff about each other. He's most of the time in his own little world who doesn't care about things that happen around him. 


"Aniyo it's because you give me that vibe that you're sad. So everything's good right and i'm just assuming? And who cares about them?" 


*phone ringing* 'GEURAE WOLF NAEGA WOLF... AWOOOOOOOO!!!' *phone ringing*


"What a ringtone -___- " Mi Hyun thought. 


Sehun answers the call.


"Ah Luhan hyung what's up?........ arraso arraso 3 minutes and I'll be there"


"Mi Hyun ah..... I have to go now. It was nice talking to you. Let's talk more once we're done with College Entrance Exams? Afterall, we're both the Oh siblings! Jal-gah!"


"Oh...... jal...... gah" she waved at him. 


Somehow, it felt nice that he hopes to keep in contact with her. But it's a pity that she's leaving. No one knew about her plans on her departure. She would prefer leaving silently.  


"As if anybody cared. Yura would probably be extra happy because she can freely spend time with him." she thought. 

 



"OH MI HYUN!!!!!!!!!!!" Yura ran after Mi Hyun once school was over. "I can't find you anywhere during break time. Where have you been, jinja!" 


The garden was the place that Mi Hyun frequents so that she can avoid seeing Yura. 


"Why do you want to know? Just mind your own business."


Yura was taken aback by her reply. She wondered what did she do to suddenly get a cold shoulder from Mi Hyun. 


"Mi Hyun ah..... why are you like this?"


"Ask yourself." 


Yura got confused. She gripped her arm, so that Mi Hyun would turn to face her and explain. But........... 


*PIAKKKKKKKKK*


Mi Hyun expressed her disappointment by giving a tight slap to her 'bestfriend' 


"Mi Hyun ah...." Yura rubbed her cheek that left a red mark on her face with her left palm.


"You betrayer. I can never believe that I have regarded such a person like you as my bestfriend. Are you happy now? Are you happy seeing me sad? Is that the reason why you have been telling me to forget him? Mwoh? You both never talked to each other before. How stupid was I to believe that. Was it nice going on a date together? You've probably done it many times behind my back. Thanks Kim Ah Young. Jinja neomu neomu gomawo. I'm grateful for the things that you do for me. But if you're going to see me fall and suffer greatly, you should have just be honest with me. No point lying or doing it behind my back because I will just find out one day. And I already did. You should try harder next time. Try harder in hiding your relationship with him, oh?"


She turned and continued to walk, leaving Yura at the back. 


"Mi Hyun...... I can tell you that's not it! Stop ah Mi Hyunn-ie... I can explain it to you!"


Mi Hyun just continued walking. She have always trusted her instincts. There was nothing else that she wants to hear. She's so done having anything to do with her.  She sure have felt bad for slapping her, the one who had been by her side all along. But she doesn't sympathize her, not a single bit. 


And she thought it was over. Until text messages started coming in


"Mi Hyun. I'm sorry but I can explain to you. I swear this entire thing is a misunderstanding...
Ah Young 
Sent 15:45 25 September 2011
"


"Mi Hyun jaebal. Give me a chance. Let's talk it out ㅠㅠ
Ah Young 
Sent 15:50 25 September 2011"



Her phone beeped and kept vibrating. It made her frustrated. No matter how many times she look at those messages, she didn't think any explantations were needed. Because it'll just end up to one thing, heartache.


Getting bullied in school is still something that she could still tolerate. But this is different. This was that someone who had stood by her all along dissapointing her greatly. 


Mi Hyun started tearing. She don't know what to do anymore. Yura was trying her best to get through her, to fix things. But she's not allowing herself to listen. Taking out the battery off her phone and dumped it inside her bag was the only way she could get rid of her. 


Messages after messages, and calls after calls. All of them was ignored by Mi Hyun. She gave up trying when she realised Mi Hyun offed her phone after infinite times of calling. She decided to turn to one person, Kim Jongdae. 


"Oppa..... she found out."


"About what?"


"The both of us going out together..."