CHAPTER 31

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)

"I don't think you should give this to her." Kai said to Chen. 


"Yeah hyung, they said it serves as a badluck." Tao interrupted. "If you give this to your loved one, it means she will walk away from you someday."



"Aish where did you guys get these baseless statement from? And why are you guys believing in such superstitions when you've never experienced it yourself?! It's not true at all!" he became frustrated. 


"Well if you insists..... up to you then." said Kai. 


"Don't regret it." Tao added. 


"I don't think I will, ever. I'm not like you guys!" Chen said as he wrapped the box of shoes that he was going to give Mi Hyun as a gift. It was a pair of old skool Vans, similar one to his. He had always liked couple things, it was something he would love to do once he found himself a girlfriend. 
 


"I'll pick you up? Do you want to cycle there or I'll drive there instead?" he asked over the phone. 


"That's up to you. I'm really fine with anything." 


"Alright, I'll wait for you at the same place then" he said to her. 



FLASHBACK
Chen: What are your plans tomorrow, princess?

Mi Hyun: I'm planning to go for a jog in the morning. Waeyeo?

Chen: Ani. I'm just asking. How about cycling instead! Cycling date^-^ ~

Mi Hyun: Eyyyyy~ But..... but I haven't cycled for so long. 

Chen: I'll guide you. But it's not possible for someone to forget how to cycle after they've mastered it so don't worry about it! 

Mi Hyun: 10am tomorrow?

Chen: Ok! Anyway it's time to sleep now. It's late. See you tomorrow, jagi~ Goodnight

END OF FLASHBACK

Mi Hyun went out of her apartment building only to find Chen, as usual, waiting for her in his car. He got out of the car as he saw her with her bicycle. He took it away from her, quickly hanging it on the bike carrier which he had placed at the back of his car. Mi Hyun just waited for her boyfriend in the vehicle.


As he got in, he took notice of Mi Hyun's outfit from top to bottom, exactly what he would usually do everytime. He smiled when he noticed something that caught his eye. 


"New shoes?" he smiled to himself while asking. 


"Mm!" she nod happily. And then turned her gaze at her boyfriend, "Kumawo!" 


"Do you like it? It's a coincidence isn't it?" he asked her. 


She became clueless. 'What's a coincidence?!' she thought. She took a look around and noticed that he was wearing the exact same pair of shoes.


"Oooh couple shoes! You have one too? Daebak!" she said to him, realising what it was. 


'What? She never took notice?!' he thought. 



"Yah, you mean you never noticed that I have the same shoes have you? I'm hurt now..." he pouted. He was disappointed for a while.


"Mianhae." she said to him. She felt guilty, of course. "Oppa's too handsome, why would I look somewhere else? My eyes will only look at you, oppa." she tried making him feel better. 


"So now you're trying your best to cheer me up, huh?" he smirked, the corners of his lips tugging upwards as he started his engine, beginning to drive. 


Han River on a Saturday morning surprisingly wasn't packed with many people. The couple got out of the car breathing in the fresh air. Chen removed the two bicycles from the bike carrier and each of them gently pushed their bicycle down the slope, until it reaches the steady ground. 


"Gwaenchanha? Are you fine riding alone? Or we can rent a couple bike and I'll ride you instead." Chen suggested. 


'There you go, he's at it again! He really enjoys these kind of stuff, doesnt he?' she thought. 


"Dwetsseo, don't want to trouble you making your way to the bicycle rental shop only to waste your money getting a new bike! Gwaenchanha, I can do this on my own. Slowly~" she said as she pushed her bike. 


They got on their bike and cycled along the Han River. Chen cycled behind Mi Hyun, so he could watch her in case anything happens to her. 


"Be careful!" he said as he cycled. 


"I will~" she shouted. 


His bicycle came to a halt when he saw his girlfriend fell on the rough ground. He quickly got off his bicycle and ran towards Mi Hyun who was in pain. Blood was uncontrollably flowing from her right knee. 


"Yah gwaenchanha?! See, I told you, we should have just rent a two-seater bike instead if you're not confident about it!" Chen nagged. This was the first time he raised his voice. But she understands. He was just really worried about her. 


"It's not that I'm not confident! The bicycle wheel hit onto a rock and I didn't see it!" 


"Then you should have been more careful!" he carried her, bridal-style, to the side of the pavement. 


He put her down, telling her to wait as he came back with a bottle of mineral water. He slowly poured the water on her wound while she screamed in pain. 


"Just endure the pain. This will help to remove the bacteria in the wound." he advised her. 


He took out a packet of tissue from his pocket, taking out a piece  and carefully treating her wound. Their skin was so close to each other, almost touching. His head was just a few centimeters away from her. She observed his facial expression, he looked really handsome especially when he's concentrating. She could feel his warm breath blowing on her skin. She couldn't take it anymore, she went closer and gave him a peck on his cheeks. 


Chen stopped whatever he was doing. He was surprised. 


"Oops. My lips accidentally touched your skin....Mian!" she came up with an excuse as Chen turned his gaze at her. Unknowingly, her body started shaking out of nervousness as he stared right through her eyes. 


"Oh Mi Hyun, you tease!" his hands wrapped around her waist, pulling her in as he quickly pressed his lips against hers before giving her a chance to speak. She began to close her eyes as he her plump lips, signalling her that he's making an entrance into . She lets his tongue in, and they kissed passionately. She was enjoying it. It was her first ever kiss so it was special. He then cupped her face using his both hands, indirectly telling her that he enjoyed it and wanted more of it. She was on cloud nine as she realised that Chen tries to dominate the kiss. It was heaven as she felt her lips battled with his but she stopped the kiss the minute she noticed a few people passing by, watching them. 


"Waeyeo?" he looked at her, confused to why she suddenly broke away from the kiss. 


"People are watching us." she said to him quietly, embarrased. 


"Ah... let's do it somewhere then!" he playfully winked as he said to her, 


"YAH!" she screamed at his face. Chen jumped, surprised by her sudden loud voice. 


"Okay, okay, kaja! Let's leave this place now! I'll send you home." he stood up, telling her to get on his back. 


He carefully carried her, making sure that his hands didn't touch her wound. She wrapped her hands around his neck and he began walking. 


"Oppa, I actually have one more thing that I'm curious about..."


"Mmmmm? What is it? You should come up with a list of questions next time. Since you're always curious about so many things!" he . 


"Dwetsseo! I'm not going to ask you the question anymore!" She frowned at his reply. 


"I'm just joking! Why are you being like this? Ppali, tell me what is it?"


"How did you figure out that I was Oh Mi Hyun?" 


Chen knew that she was going to ask him this one day. Afterall, she should be curious after all her 'succesful' acting that happened in the hospital few weeks ago.


"Oh. Jungshin hyung." he calmly answered. 


"Jungshin hyung?! Oppa you know who's Jungshin hyung?!" she asked, surprised. 


"Mmmm. Jungshin hyung is my friend since childhood. We lived very close to each other back then. He was like a brother. But he's angry at me now though, he got very mad because he found out that I was the guy...."



'The guy? What guy?!' she asked herself. 'Oh the guy who broke my heart!' she figured out herself in the end. 


"Shall we take a photo together then? I don't think he knows that we're together, yet! Wait, does he?" he suggested as he took out his Samsung S3 that was in his pocket. 


"Ani, I haven't spoke to him since." 


"Hana, tul, set" he signalled her as the both of them posed for the camera. "ya kiyeowo~" he told her after looking at the photo he just took. 


The two arrived at Mi Hyun's apartment, greeted by her mom the minute the door was opened. 


"Omo what happened?" she asked as she looked at the both of them. 


"Mi Hyun fell...when she was riding the bicycle."


"Yah Kim Jongdae! Why didn't you take care of her properly?! Come in now." she ordered. 


"Ah mian jangmo-nim! Your daughter was being really stubborn just now. I actually asked her if we should get the two-seater bike since she don't seemed confident riding it on her own." he explained while walking in to the apartment, Mi Hyun was still on his back. 


He placed Mi Hyun on the couch and sat right next to her. Mi Hyun's mother came with a first-aid kid box, ready to apply medication on her daughter's wound. But she was stopped by Chen who requested to do it instead. 


"You should come here often, for a family dinner." she said to Chen who was applying medication on her daughter's wound.


"Neh Jangmo-nim!" he nodded happily. 


"Afterall, you're going to get married to my daughter, aren't you?" she asked Chen. 


"Eomma!" Mi Hyun yelled at her mother. 


"Of course. I would love to~" Chen replied to her mother. Mi Hyun face turned red when she heard his reply. For some reason, her heart started beating extra fast. 


"Omo Oh Mi Hyun, are you blushing right now?" she asked her daughter who got caught by her own mother. Chen turned to look once at Mi Hyun, he smiled at her.


"Sooo..." her mother paused before continuing, "have you guys been doing things behind my back?" she asked. 


**  he thought.



'Ah wae! Why is she asking this type of question! It's only going to put us in an awkward situation' she thought. 


Their expressions changed. Their eyes widened as they looked at each other, unsure of what to reply as they reminded themselves about what happened earlier that day. 


 


A/N:

I should be on hiatus now! But here's an update for you readers! Exams, the trip to Cambodia, the - long essay that I have yet to write for Sociology. I honestly wondered if I have enough time. I'm going to update though, don't worry about it! I'm hoping for at least 3/4 updates when I come back from the trip~


Moving on, I'm really excited for the 5th! EXO's making a comeback ☜(⌒▽⌒)☞~ Can't wait to see the angel on tv again he he. He was so hot during MAMA 2013. The dance and everything and how he almost cried ;A;. And I teared when I saw Baek's bowing more than 90 deg. at the end of their speech. I was moved~ To people who said EXO don't deserve it... they totally do. I swear the entire tracks in that album is freaking eargasm. So proud of the boys!

And exo showtime..... lol baek did not just call Jongdae a dinosaur and a singing camel pmsl ha ha ha. Sorry for my /spazzing/ moment! But here's a gif set~

 

jongdae being his cute /dumb/ self~

Goodnight! ^-^