CHAPTER 18

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)

"Neh Jongdae's eomma"


"He's with us"


"Oh oh he was just playing games at Baekhyun's house"


"Nehhhhh I will tell him that."


Chen overheard the conversation that Suho was on.


*Phew* he let out a sigh of relief minute he puts down the call. The rest of the members has already left the house. After staying up almost the entire night, they only wanted to go home so much and get some rest . But Chen stayed behind.


"Moya? My mother called?"


"Yes. Do you know how worried she was about you the entire night? That's what you get for being a mommy's child" he said. "Anyway, you should go home. She wants you to be back before-"


"Ah forget it, just let me stay here for awhile."


"Yeah but you need to get changed." He threw him a t-shirt from his closet. "Your shirt smells of alcohol. And hurry go and wash up, you look horrible."


"Jam-kkam-man, let's sit down and talk for a while." He asked Suho to come over, which he immediately did. 


"What do you want to talk about? Is it about..... Mihyun?"


"N-e-e---h. How did you know I was going to talk about her?" Suho just kept quiet, staring at his face. "Ok let's just ignore that. It's just that, I feel-" He hesitated. "Molla. I feel like I was the bad guy all along. Like it was all my fault. But it wasn't my intentions, really..."


"I don't want to ask you now about how you like her and everything because I know that's not the best time for you to be telling me stories like that. But, from what you told us earlier yesterday.... you really like her don't you?" Chen quietly nodded, like as if his question wasn't obvious enough.


"Well most of the guys now, they really care about the girl's looks before they consider their feelings for her. Even as a guy myself, I have to admit that." he paused. "And for you to have these strong feelings for her, keeping it to yourself all along, it must have been painful.... I get what you mean by how you didn't want to tell us at first. You were afraid of getting judged by all of us, right?"


He nodded his head "It's just that she misunderstood everything. And that made me upset."


"I guess that was it then.... You should have told me earlier about this. Are you telling me that you don't trust me at all? Come on, am I not your favourite hyung!?" He tried to lighten the mood in the room. 


"She's a really nice person though. It's just that it's really unfortunate and unfair for her to be treated that way. It seems like it works that way in our school, you don't have the looks, you should not even talk."


"YES. And that's what I really hate about it. People chose to judge her only based on what they see, geu-chi?" Chen asked. 


Suho nodded his head in agreement. "And come to think of it, I think the 12 of us are just really lucky and blessed. There should be more people like you in school, and the judgemental creatures should die. I never knew about this part of you. And I'm really proud. That's because when you're with us, you either make a fool of yourself or you prefer to just keep quiet and do your own things." 


"Anyway, I'm really sorry for laughing at Baekhyun's rude remarks on Mihyun earlier yesterday. Please don't think I'm one of those judgemental idiots, it's just that Baekhyun has his own comical way of saying all those thoughtless words and make us all bursts into laughter." he explained. 


"Gwaenchanha, it's over and we're okay now. And kumawo hyung. I'm not quiet. It's just that I've been a mysterious cool guy all along ㅋㅋㅋ~" he chuckled.


"But anyway, do you think I should-" he hesitated. "Do you think I should go over to America and maybe.... find her? I would think of ways how though. Then again, I wouldn't know if she would ever come back."


"America? Really? You're going to trouble yourself, Jongdae. Well, what happens if things changed for the worse and you'll end up in a state of despair. Who's going to help you? You're going to be on your own because none of us are going there. I know there are people who say that you should go all the way to find the person if you really love her. But that's not the only solution to this entire thing, you know." 


"Then what is?"


"You love her a lot, right?"


He nodded his head immediately.


"There's this saying, 'If you really love a person, just let them go. If she comes back, you both are meant to be.' "

 



"Here you go." her aunt passed her.


"What is this?" she took it in her hands, wondering what has been written in columns and point forms on the sheet of paper.


It was her target weight, her exercise routine and her food consumption of the month that her aunt had planned out.


Her eyes only grew bigger looking at the types of food that she could only eat, the vigorous activities listed down and her expected weight loss for the month.


"4kg? By the end of this month? Do I even have time to lose that much?! And the food. Imo? Imo... neo michyeosseo?"


"It's not impossible. You just lack confidence and don't believe that you can do it. Just do what's written there....."


"But"


"No buts. By the end of the year, you're going to lose all that." She pointed at her bulging stomach. 


She pouted and looked down.


For the first few weeks, it was a torture. But she soon got used to it, after what seemed like a month and a half. got used to eating foods that are close to tasteless and her mind keeps telling her of the things that she should and should never consumed. Everytime she reached her target weight, she only become more motivated.

 

Her aunt though, was very strict about the entire weight loss thing, it pressured her. But there was one person who remained by her side all along when things gets tough for her. It was her cousin, Jungshin. 


Jungshin has started to become really close to her, regarding her just like his own little sister. He showered her with compliments when she felt like giving up. It was different from her very own blood brother, who usually spends most of his time at work. She rarely had a chance to tell him about how she was doing, despite sharing a close relationship with him too. 


"Ppali come, sit here, right beside me." Jungshin lightly tapped the empty seat beside him on the sofa, asking her to come over. "I've prepared food for you. Shhhh, let's make today a cheat day, okay? I won't tell imo, don't worry!" he whispered.



There was nobody else in the house but just the two of them. 


"So was that the only reason why your mom sent you here?" he asked her while she slowly eats her food, enjoying every bits and pieces of it in . It's hard for her to get a meal like this, a plate of Spagetthi Carbonara.


"Mwoh?" she asked, confused at his question.


"About you getting bullied? That's the only reason why she wanted you here?"


"I think so... but, ah nevermind," she wanted to say something else, but she stopped. 


"What is it? I knew there was something else. Don't keep things from me when you know I already regard you like my very own little sister!"


"I think besides just that-" she hesitated. But Jungshin staring directly at her made her feel pressured. 


"Eomma read something else. About a boy..., who fooled me."


"Which jackass broke your heart?! What happened? This is interesting! I really want to know about this!"


Mi Hyun thought twice. But she poured out every single thing that she's been keeping to herself to him eventually. From telling him about Jongdae, to how everything happened and how it became the reason why she wanted to come to America, her eyes started to become watery and close to tears at the end. It was partly because of Chen, but it mostly had to do with her dumb moves about everything. 


"Who's this guy? Aish! how dare he does this to my Mihyun! When I go back to korea someday, I will hunt that bastard down for sure! Mi Hyun-ah! When you're back in Korea, wear a y dress and when you see him, remember to sing Ailee's I Will Show You! He will be like that MBLAQ guy inside the MV, thinking 'What the was I thinking back then?! I never knew she could be this hot~' " Jungshin tried cheering her up after listening attentively to her story. 


She laughed at how silly he sounded. 


"Oppa, jamkamman *laughs* " this time, she really teared. But it was all because of the funny statements that comes out from her cousin's mouth.


"Ani! I probably wouldn't even meet him anymore." she was certain. She had thoughts about it for the past few weeks before going to bed. That the both would probably forget about what happened and they wouldn't be seeing each other anymore even when she comes back to Korea. 


"Ah waeyeo?!"


"Oppa, lets not talk about it. It's better that way." She smiled at him. 


"Okay, I will not talk about it but you must promise me one thing." she looked at him while she waited for what he has to say. "Any guy that enters your life just to make a joke out of it and leaves like nothing happened, don't ever let them destroy you like that, oh? You need to play hard to get with them. Or you will be fooled. And I don't want you to be going through that, arrasso?" he reminded her.


She nodded her head, touched because of his comforting words. 


"Ah Mihyun-nie, pretty girl! Look at how much weight you have lost now! You're getting more charming by the day" Jungshin pinched her cheeks. She shyly smiled. 


Jungshin took his pphone and checked to see the notifications. 


"Hyung! How's everything going on for you there?" 


"Yah Jongdae-yah! Hyung's been fine. I'm on vacation right now! And you bastard! Where have you been? College entrance exams are over for almost two months hu~ -_-"


A/N:
Another update! yay wow look at the connections~~~ What a coincidence! In two chapters! he he wait for it :-)