CHAPTER 20

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)


FLASHBACK
"We're going to the club! Let's party~" Lay said excitedly to the rest of the members. 


Everyone else was excited except for two who were focusing hard on playing the game, whose hands had been holding on to the game console for the past 3 hours. 


"Yah, Baekhyun, Jongdae hyung, aren't you guys going?" Kyungsoo asked. 


"Ani... we both can go next time. You guys go first! Ppali ka! Don't disturb us!" said Baekhyun who was concentrating on the game. 


"Club maniac?! You aren't going!? Isn't it you favourite place?! *laughs*"  Chanyeol teased Jongdae.


"Ani, it's a scary place. And only God knows what will happen to me after getting out of the club."  


"Oooo you finally got some sense now huh! Ara we will go first! Don't regret it!" said Chanyeol. 


The two just ignored, their eyes only glued on the racing game.


"I don't think I want to go there too. Let me stay, I'm too young for this" Sehun requested. 


"Geurae. Since you say that, you should just stay. You're too young. I'd be surprised if I find out you hook up with some clubber there heol" Luhan agreed. 


The rest were already out of Suho's room, except for himself.  


"Oh yeah, you two, better send your university applications ara? Sehun has already done it. The rest of us too. Don't focus too much on the game and forget about it. Or you'll be dead" Suho reminded both Chen and Baekhyun.

 

"Neh Hyung. Ppali ka! Oh?!" Baekhyun yelled at Suho. 


The room turned quiet, leaving the three inside the room. Sehun played with his phone as he rested on the couch, slowly falling asleep just a while later.


"I won! Ahaha I told you I'm the king of games and no one can ever beat me!" Baekhyun rubbed it in Chen's face. 


"Aish. Dwetsseo. What time is it now?" Chen asked. Sehun was still in deep sleep. 


"12:03am..... Wait, my life!" Baekhyun said to himself. 


"WHAT THE BYUN BAEKHYUN! WE DID NOT JUST MISSED THE UNIVERSITY APPLICATION!" Chen shouted.


"What are we going to do now? We can't call the management and asked if they could give us a chance, can we?" 


"What do you think? When they know the excuse behind us missing the university application was because of a game!?" Chen said to Baekhyun. 


'Aish why is it that things alaways don't go my way after she left' he thought


*rings* na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae *rings* 


Chen phone rings for a few times before he finally picked up. It was Suho.



"Yah you both, have you done your university application???" He called to check. 

"Ani...... Hyung... we missed it..." Chen said softly, guilty. 


"Mwoh?!" Suho asked again, unable to hear because of the loud background. 


"AH WE MISSED IT! UGH!" Chen shouted. 


"See look what happened now! I don't know what else to say. *laughs* Serve you guys right." and the line got cut.
END OF FLASHBACK


The members, except Kai had planned for a vacation at over at Jeju Island for two months before university officially starts for them. For Chen and Baekhyun though, had no choice but to wait for the next application, which is in the next year. The both had also had planned to stay in Jeju a little longer while the rest starts school. Afterall, it was a villa owned by Chen's family. 


"Come back now. Kai had hurt himself while practising. He's in the hospital now."

Suho Hyung
Sent 14:30 5 May 2012



Chen received the text from Suho hyung. He quickly dialled Suho's number after reading the text. He picked up after two rings. 


"Nae Hyung, eodiya?"


"Hyung is in school now. The rest of them too. They're probably having classes which is why they aren't answering my calls. You and Baekhyun visit Kai first, we will come later."


"Arrasso. Which hospital is he admitted to?"


"Seoul National University Hospital. Ward 72. If you leave now, you'll probably reach in 2 hours. I see you guys there." he put down the call. 



Kai had sacrificed his holiday preparing for a dance competition, which is going to be in the first few weeks of the start of school. He needed that time to practice. Kai is multi-talented. Besides being a good baseball player, he is also a dancer, which he had picked up at such a young age and is really good at.


"Pack your stuff into the bag now." Chen said immediately after putting down the call. 


"Why what happened?" Baekhyun asked, curious. 


"Kai got admitted to the hospital." Chen replied. "Molla. Let's just see for ourselves later."


Seoul National University Hospital, 2 hours later

"Baekhyun, you go first. I really need the toilet now." Chen said to Baekhyun. He had been controlling his bladder throughout the entire journey back. 


A sweet voice of a stranger called for him when he was making his way back to the ward. 


"Juh-giyo..."
 

He turned. The girl seemed surprised. He wondered why. 


Why is she reacting like this.... he questioned himself. 


"Mianhae but do you know where's this ward? I'm a little lost right now...." the girl showed him a small note that she was holding on to. 


"Ah this ward! It's not at this level! It's upstairs."


"J-j-j-ung-mal-lyeo? Ah kamsahamnida." the girl bowed at him and thanked him. She quickly turned and make her way to the lift. 


Why is she even stuttering? Am I even scary? he thought. 


"Juh-giyo!" Chen called. 


She turned her head, turning her gaze at him. 


"I think you can try level 10 too! Maybe the ward that you're looking for is not at level 9!"


"Oh neh. Kamsahamnida." 


The lift door opened and she hurriedly went inside. 


'She looks familar. I've seen her before...... but where?' he asked himself. 


"Yah Kim Jongdae! What are you doing there! Ppali come here! Kai wants to see you!" Baekhyun called for him. He brushed away the thought of it and walked towards the ward. 


"*Phew* He doesn't recognise me, thank God!" the girl let out a sight as the lift door closes.