CHAPTER 40

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)


Mihyun's POV

"We're here". the engine of the car stopped at the parking lot. 


I unfastened my seatbelt and went out of the vehicle. The entire car was filled the noise from the radio and I, only looked out of the window throughout the entire journey. He should have known I was mad at him, yet I wondered the entire time where the car was heading to. I wanted to ask but hesitated. 


I felt the warmth of his hands grabbing mine, slowly interlocking his fingers with mine. Still, no one between the two of us utter a single word to each other. But his hands were still holding on to me, leading me to the venue. I knew it was a surprise, yet I didn't see it coming. My heart beats faster, I became nervous. He lets go of my hand out of a sudden, using it to cover both my eyes from the back. 


"We're almost there. Don't worry baby, I'm here by your side, I'm not going anywhere." he convinced me as he lead me, like he knew I was afraid of the dark. I grew impatient when he asked me to climb the steps and follow his instructions. Soon, he lets go of his hands. I opened my eyes that's been shut for almost five minutes. 


I looked around. We were at a rooftop of some building. There were fairy lights hung everywhere and in the middle was a table for two with a candle lid. 


"Are you still angry at me? Do you still hate me now, princess?" he asked, holding a bouquet of flowers that he was going to give me. 


"T-t-thank you. I'm really sorry, baby. I didn't know that you were actually preparing a surprise for me. I'm really, really sorry. I didn't mean it when I said I hate you." I took the bouquet and hugged his waist tightly. 


"Ayeeeeeeeee~ Of course I wouldn't believe in that! You were checking your phone all the time for my message didn't you!"


There you go, he's at it again. I let go of my hands that's around him.


"H-how did you know that?!?!" I asked. 


"Who do you think was the spy?" he questioned, looking at me with a smile on his face


I stopped to think until I finally came with a conclusion. "Kim Ah Young?! She was actually doing live reports the entire time she's with me??!" I figured out that there were nobody else besides her. Furthermore, they know each other. 


He didn't reply at that, but instead brought me to the table that he had set up just for the two of us. I finally get to feel the euphoric feeling of what a candlelght dinner is like. 


"Today's menu is pasta prepared by yours truly~" he said excitedly as he served me. 


"You cooked? This is the first. You're always full of surprises, do you know that? I didn't know you can actually cook!" I put the first spoonful into my mouth, chewing it slowly. I took a sip of water within a few seconds of chewing the food. I was so close to throwing up whatever I just ate but I held it in, just because I was afraid it would hurt him. I watched him as he sat directly opposite me, taking his first bite of the food he had prepared. 


"What on Ear-" he coughed out the food. "Why didn't you tell me that it doesn't taste good at all?!" 


"Because I know you put in a lot of effort into preparing all these. It's okay, I will finish what you give me." 


"No!" He took the plate away. "We will eat something else, I'll order. I'm not going to let you eat these food that tastes horrible, baby."

 

"Don't, really. I don't need any food right now. Having you here is enough."


"Aigoooo, who taught you to be so cheesy~" he rubbed his palms against my cheeks. I can't help but to smile.



We spent the rest of the night under the sky and watching the stars. I snuggled into his chest, with his arms around me, laying his head on mine. Strange, because unlike any other days, there are many blinking stars in the sky. Thoughts were running through my head. I like what we are now. Will it change as time passes? I asked myself. 


"Mi Hyun-nie" he called. Flashbacks started running back to me the minute he called out my name. That was what he called me in his first letter, and now I get to hear him say it out for the first time. 



"Mhmmm?" 


"Stay with me and be by my side. I know it's too early to say this but, although it's only been a month, I'd want to spend my entire life with you. And nothing;s ever going to change, I can't promise you but there's nobody else besides you Mi Hyun. You've always been the one." 


I smiled at that. There was so much sincerity in his voice. Then it occured to me, all these time, have I treasured him the same like how he did for me? 


"Jongdae-ssi" that was the first time, since the day we got together. He looked at me, waiting for what I was going to say next. "I'm sorry." 


"What? Why are you even-" he asked, clueless to why I apologised. 


"I realised, I've been a bratty girlfriend ever since we got together. I took advantage of you because I just think you will always be there by my side. I don't think I was understanding towards you at all. Because I've always been the one who's getting upset over the little things, and you'd always been the one who's giving in and pampering me. As much as I liked that, it's childish of me to get angry over silly stuff like that." I explained. 


"Like what?" It didn't get to him. 


"Like, asking for a breakup on the day I went out with Sehun. That was a little bit too much isn't it? And just today, I was mad at you in the car because you didn't text me for the entire day at all." I looked at him in the eye and tell him.


"But that was partly my fault too, isn't it? I mean I shouldn't have followed you around on that day. Well, I just think that we haven't reach the point that we have enough trust for each other in the relationship. But baby, we just started. And it takes time to build up trust."


I remained silent in his arms. I could only think about how grateful I was this entire time for having him around. 


"Ah! Before I forget!" he stood up suddenly, walking around in search for something and finally came back with a box in his hands. He handed it to me, expecting me to open it up to check what it was, and I did. 


It was a bracelet, with both our names and the date we got together engraved on it. 



'김종대 ♡ 오미현 130328' 

He took it in his hands and helped me wear it over my wrist. 


"Do you like it?" he asked and I just smiled while nodding my head continuously. 


He brought my head closer to him and kissed me on the forehead then pulled me in for a hug. 



'Will this moment ever lasts? Because I too would want you to stay by my side, forever.'

 


A/N: 

This chapter is extremely cheesy orz ;-; Anyway, what bracelet you guys are wondering, it's here on Jongdae's left wrist (∩▂∩)



Anyway, my heart goes out to all the families and friends of the passengers in flight MH370. It''s a question how the flight could go missing. We all need to expect the unexpected in whatever circumstances. I'm hoping for a miracle, and I'm sure everybody too. Please continue to pray for the victims and that a news would come out soon that the flight's been found. Have a little faith.