CHAPTER 38

(EDITING) Letter from Prince Charming (왕자님으로부터온 편지)

*Ding dong* 
 


The doorbell of the apartment rang. Mi Hyun made her way to the main door at an instant, expecting her boyfriend. 


"You're here!" she pulled him in for a hug. Chen remained stiff, she wondered why until she saw a woman behind him. Surprised by her prescence, she released him from her hug immediately. 


"I'm sorry. Nice to meet you... auntie." Mi Hyun bowed to her as she invited her in to her apartment. 


"Nice to meet you too, sweetheart!" she said to her, ruffling her hair and entered the house. Despite showing a straight face, he was glad that his mom liked Mi Hyun from the tone of her voice. 


"Yah! You didn't tell me your mom was coming!" Mi Hyun whispered. 


"Mianhae, she caught the picture of us in my phone!" he reasoned out. She didn't know that the two had actually bickered in the car. 


FLASHBACK 
"Oh Mi Hyun is such a nice name~ And she's pretty too~" his mom tried to strike up a conversation with him.


"Yes mom, so now that you know, don't tell anybody else about it. Not even appa." he ordered. 


"Why not? Your dad has the right to know too, doesnt he?" 


"Eomma, do you know that if you didn't find out, I wouldn't have told you anything?" he questioned. 


"And why is that?" 


"Because I know that you would tell the entire universe that your son has a girlfriend. And we haven't been together for a long time eomma that's why I'm not even ready to tell you or appa about it yet. And also, the chances of you stalking her down her grave would probably be 11/10. I don't want my Mi Hyun to tell me she's been watched by a woman in her forties." 


"KIM JONGDAE YAH!" his mom yelled in the car.


"What? I'm saying the right thing, didn't I? Eomma, you're my mom afterall and as your son, I know you."


"Hajima! I'm going to prove you wrong, son. Just wait, your girlfriend will really love me as her mother-in-law~" she defended herself. 


"That's what you think." he smirked. "But... keep this away from appa, pretend you don't know anything, okay?" he asked as his eyes paid attention to the road. 


"But why... ah arrasso arrasso! Eomma will promise not to tell!"
END OF FLASHBACK

"Eomma, Jongdae's eomma is here too!" Mi Hyun called her mother who was busy preparing herself in the kitchen. She stopped whatever she was doing, carefully removed her apron and went out of the kitchen. 


The two mothers casually shook each other's hands. 


"Oh Hee Jin." Mi Hyun's mother smiled as she introduced herself. 


"Jamkam-man, Hee Jin?" the atmosphere turned quiet in the house. Chen and Mi Hyun tried to figure out the reason behind his mother's confused look. 


Her mother nod her head slowly, looking weirdly at his mother as she studied her facial features. 


"Hye-young! Jung Hye-Young! Remember?" she said excitedly as she tried to make her recall. 


"Kyunggi High School Jung Hye-Young?! Omo~ Is this fate!? Kyaaaaaa it's been a really long time!" she said as they pulled each other for a hug. Their children could only look at each other as they scratched their head, wondering why. 


"You two... know each other?" Chen asked. 


"We both were classmates in highschool! Same clique too~ People used to think we're the craziest bunch who did silly stuffs together." his mother explained. 


"No wonder you two are friends...." he said quietly as he looked away. 


And then he thought for awhile, maybe meeting Mi Hyun was fate afterall. It's strange to him how everybody he knows links to each other. Like how his friend Jungshin is Mi Hyun's cousin and now their mothers. He looked at Mi Hyun, who looked at him the same way, and smiled. He put her arms around her and lied comfortably on him by his side as they both watched their mothers reconciled with each other. 


She studied carefully his mother's features and whispered to him 


"Now I know why," he looked at him. 


"Mmmhm?" he asked. 


"You got your mother's eyes and lips." she smiled at him. "And she's pretty too. Maybe that's why you're good-looking yourself."


"Why are you saying that about me?"


"You don't know? They said if your mother is good-looking, her son would follow her features."


"Nonsense, why are you believing such things!" he poked her stomach. She jerked. 


Dinner that day turned out better than the both had expected. The dinner table was filled with so much noise as the mothers talked about the past excitedly to each other. Their personalities were not completely different from each other. It was in one day too that Mi Hyun and Chen's mother became comfortable with each other. Chen felt relieved knowing that his mother had nothing against his relationship with Mi Hyun. But was more surprised with how she bid farewell to her before leaving the house. 


"Alright daughter-in-law, it's time for your mom to go home! Take care of Jongdae, don't quarrel and stay together. Oh let's do shopping together soon~" she said to Mi Hyun as she hugged her. 


His jaw dropped when those words 'daughter-in-law' came from . He never expected her to say that to Mi Hyun so early within a day of their first meetup. Mi Hyun saw Chen in shocked while hugging his mother, but only smiled at him, showing him a thumbs up. 


"Looks like eomma really loves you." 

Jagiya♡ 
Sent 21:15 16nd April 2013



A text came in shortly the minute they left the place. Mi Hyun grinned from ear to ear as she read the text message.


"Must be Jongdae!" her mom noticed her daughter's facial expression, who suddenly stopped helping her with the dishes. 


"Eomma~" she poked her mother's arms, showing her aegyo. 



"^~^ daughter-in-law is too soon too he he." she replied him back 


"Yah Kim Jongdae, stop smiling at those cheesy text-messages! Hurry start the car engine!" his mom ordered. 

 


A/N:

Sorry if this chapter wasn't up to expectations. But anyway, here you go! My exams has officially ended, which means school too! You'll be seeing more updates for sure. 

Anyway, there's so many things happening at the moment isn't it? Jongdae's been gaining more attention with SM The Ballad lately too he he so happy for him ◕‿◕。

And to end today, here's a gif of Sehun bullying Jongdae! Probably the reason why Jongdae asked him to learn some manners he he. 


tumblr_mvbdmmVnT81sxaoh9o1_500.gif

Goodnight readers x